Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Honestly, any group that is loud and obnoxious (at the parks or resorts), regardless of age or nationality, annoys me. I'm getting old, I guess!
I know for a fact I'm getting old because I'll be in the grocery store and jamming out to the generic Target/Kroger/Publix music on the speaker system.

vadame007

Hello,

I have been lurking in this forum since the pandemic, or whatever they are calling it started, to determine if I should cancel and reschedule my upcoming wdw trip. I have to say that I am appalled by what I have read in this thread and forum . Its disheartening that people are using this public health crisis to galvanize their political agendas and prejudices towards other.

This whole covid situation is like living in an episode of the Twilight Zone. The psychosocial effects of covid are worst than the physical.

DisneyOutsider

Is the NBA deal official yet? I really think this is the hold up on opening plans. Sorry, or more talk about chanting parties of 1,000.

Nothing official yet. We could still be a week or maybe more away from hearing official announcements on that, as there are a lot of variables that have to come together (NBA players and owners have to come to an agreement on revenue/salary/safety protocols, etc. plus Disney offering a satisfactory environment for the right price. Basically, 3-way negotiations over millions of dollars).

WDW has more than enough to capacity to accommodate both the NBA and whatever reduced-capacity park-goers they would have with a re-opening. I don't have any inside info, but I'm pretty confident that the NBA deal would not be a major hold-up in announcing a re-opening date for the WDW parks. It's a moving piece that they have to consider, but they should be two separate decisions/negotiations. From the information we have, it sounds like they weren't anticipating having to welcome park guests back prior to any NBA personnel coming on-site. Now, with recent news of Universal's fast-approaching re-opening... that may have changed.

They deal with far more complex scheduling issues during normal operations... they'll figure this one out I'm sure.

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
Nothing official yet. We could still be a week or maybe more away from hearing official announcements on that, as there are a lot of variables that have to come together (NBA players and owners have to come to an agreement on revenue/salary/safety protocols, etc. plus Disney offering a satisfactory environment for the right price. Basically, 3-way negotiations over millions of dollars).

WDW has more than enough to capacity to accommodate both the NBA and whatever reduced-capacity park-goers they would have with a re-opening. I don't have any inside info, but I'm pretty confident that the NBA deal would not be a major hold-up in announcing a re-opening date for the WDW parks. It's a moving piece that they have to consider, but they should be two separate decisions/negotiations. From the information we have, it sounds like they weren't anticipating having to welcome park guests back prior to any NBA personnel coming on-site. Now, with recent news of Universal's fast-approaching re-opening... that may have changed.

They deal with far more complex scheduling issues during normal operations... they'll figure this one out I'm sure.

Opening to the public may matter to the NBA. Whatever format they go with to finish the season falls apart in a hurry with an infection or two. I’m curious to see what they come up with.

DisneyOutsider

Opening to the public may matter to the NBA. Whatever format they go with to finish the season falls apart in a hurry with an infection or two. I’m curious to see what they come up with.

I think that will be a non-issue for the NBA. The NBA will have all of the testing capacity that they need and WDW will make sure that no-one else has access to their accommodations and facilities. Logistically it shouldn't be difficult. WDW is set up very well for this, which is the reason that they seemed to have zeroed in on WDW as their potential host.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
There will no doubt in more infections in the Orlando area. Its at what growth rate the NBA should be concerned with.

I never understood why they wouldn't host it in Montana on Wyoming where it's more remote and with considerable less cases. Number of room and board options would most likely be the limitation I suppose.

Heppenheimer

There will no doubt in more infections in the Orlando area. Its at what growth rate the NBA should be concerned with.

I never understood why they wouldn't host it in Montana on Wyoming where it's more remote and with considerable less cases. Number of room and board options would most likely be the limitation I suppose.
I don't know about that, I'm sure there's plenty of hay lofts available in those states where people could sleep.

38053WDW

It's not that it's Brazil per se, but reading post from way way back it's seems most always talked about the Brazilian groups in general. But watching the news this AM and the massive outbreaks / deaths in Brazil is quite alarming... I mean I watched a video this AM of a woman in Staten island NY not wearing mask in a grocery store and the people in the store were chasing her out like rabid dogs! We are on Phase 2 in my city and they've moved it to 3 weeks wait instead of 2 before Phase 3, just to see what (if any) will happen with upticks. With Disney Springs / City Walk open, I'm sure they are monitoring that very closely. We will get through this and I understand the "Disney Fix" is real.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

It's not that it's Brazil per se, but reading post from way way back it's seems most always talked about the Brazilian groups in general. But watching the news this AM and the massive outbreaks / deaths in Brazil is quite alarming... I mean I watched a video this AM of a woman in upstate NY not wearing mask in a grocery store and the people in the store were chasing her out like rabid dogs! We are on Phase 2 in my city and they've moved it to 3 weeks wait instead of 2 before Phase 3, just to see what (if any) will happen with upticks. With Disney Springs / City Walk open, I'm sure they are monitoring that very closely. We will get through this and I understand the "Disney Fix" is real.
Was staten island not upstate

Patcheslee

It's not that it's Brazil per se, but reading post from way way back it's seems most always talked about the Brazilian groups in general. But watching the news this AM and the massive outbreaks / deaths in Brazil is quite alarming... I mean I watched a video this AM of a woman in upstate NY not wearing mask in a grocery store and the people in the store were chasing her out like rabid dogs! We are on Phase 2 in my city and they've moved it to 3 weeks wait instead of 2 before Phase 3, just to see what (if any) will happen with upticks. With Disney Springs / City Walk open, I'm sure they are monitoring that very closely. We will get through this and I understand the "Disney Fix" is real.
I saw that video, very alarming to say the least. Part of the reason my anxiety has gotten much worse in public. Not the mask as much as a combination of wearing a mask and the increased aggression people have shown.

gmajew

Premium Member

My guess would be anywhere that is entering their fall and winter will see cases go up and have the US and other countries watching closely if travel should be allowed from them.

wannabeBelle

Was staten island not upstate
True statement and I actually saw two videos both from Staten Island this and another one. I also saw the video from the guy at Costco being told he needed to leave as he wouldnt put on a mask. Not sure where that one was from though. Marie

38053WDW

I saw that video, very alarming to say the least. Part of the reason my anxiety has gotten much worse in public. Not the mask as much as a combination of wearing a mask and the increased aggression people have shown.
Well I would say "The eyes people, the eyes"👁👁 but if i did, then we all may be forced into wearing swim goggles too! Time to put on my 3 hours of Disney Main Entrance loop music.... Side note Big Day Tomorrow for Space X and America!

sullyinMT

As a Montanan, I guarantee lodging would be the issue. I live in Billings, our largest city, and we have just over 100K residents. Not enough gym/arena/court space. Hotels are incredibly limited. Our biggest tourist draws, Big Sky and GNP, have even less in terms of court space but could potentially be a lodging host. Best case scenario would be Bozeman, with MSU campus hosting and being a bubble lodging site. If you think the NBA clientele would like to live in a small university's dorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom