Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

One thing that I can't figure out how it will work even in theory is food. I get how proper breakfast/lunch/dinner meals in restaurants will work, but that's not how people eat in parks. They grab a soda or an ice cream cone or a popcorn bucket and eat on the go. Snacks and quick service meals are often eaten while walking or sitting on a bench, not sitting down in a designated "mask free zone" to eat at a table.

Patcheslee

One thing that I can't figure out how it will work even in theory is food. I get how proper breakfast/lunch/dinner meals in restaurants will work, but that's not how people eat in parks. They grab a soda or an ice cream cone or a popcorn bucket and eat on the go. Snacks and quick service meals are often eaten while walking or sitting on a bench, not sitting down in a designated "mask free zone" to eat at a table.
They took away our outside break area tables and chairs at work. If it's anything like here: "the ground against the wall it is then!!!" And stepping off to the side on the floor to raise masks to take a sip of water.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is the NBA deal official yet? I really think this is the hold up on opening plans. Sorry, or more talk about chanting parties of 1,000.
From Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:
The NBA has a board of governors call set for Friday, which is expected to provide additional details for teams on a timetable and plan to proceed with the season. Teams are expecting the league to instruct them to start recalling players to their team’s markets around June 1, sources told ESPN.

I had read other places that they may have a final vote on Friday as well which would set the time, place and format for the restart of the season. We may/should know by Friday what the NBA plan is.

Jrb1979

From Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN:
The NBA has a board of governors call set for Friday, which is expected to provide additional details for teams on a timetable and plan to proceed with the season. Teams are expecting the league to instruct them to start recalling players to their team’s markets around June 1, sources told ESPN.

I had read other places that they may have a final vote on Friday as well which would set the time, place and format for the restart of the season. We may/should know by Friday what the NBA plan is.
That could be Disney's announcement for Friday.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No but someone did post saying Disney might have an announcement by EOB on Friday.
According to the NBA insiders we should know about that aspect one way or the other on Friday. If that’s what’s holding up the overall WDW opening date announcement then Friday is a good bet.

RaveOnEd

According to the NBA insiders we should know about that aspect one way or the other on Friday. If that’s what’s holding up the overall WDW opening date announcement then Friday is a good bet.
My thinking is that when WDW makes their presentation this week to the County and State, it will reflect the date most likely gleaned (yeah, I said gleaned!) from the NBA agreement as well. Right now, it looks to be a set up for the NBA like an NCAA tournament, which would make it really exciting, but also help to clear the way for what they will be doing with player, staff and family accommodations.

Gravydeen

No but someone did post saying Disney might have an announcement by EOB on Friday.
If the plan is for Disney to open mid June and I have been told that is the case, I would expect they will make an announcement this week. I will be shocked if this is not the case. Believe what you will. :cool:

Kevin_W

Which is ridiculous when we consider the CDC revised guidelines state that surfaces are not a means of transmission.

I minor point but the CDC didn't say it's not a means of transmission, just not the main method of transmission. (You can still argue whether getting rid of surfaces is ridiculous or not!).

From the CDC webpage:
"The primary and most important mode of transmission for COVID-19 is through close contact from person-to-person. Based on data from lab studies on COVID-19 and what we know about similar respiratory diseases, it may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads. "

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other theme parks fall into Stage 3 of California’s roadmap for reopening plan, according to state officials."

"Phase 3 is not a year away. It’s not six months away. It’s not even three months away. It may not even be more than a month away,” Newsom said during a daily press briefing in mid-May. “We just want to make sure we have a protocol in place to secure customer safety, employee safety and allow the businesses to thrive in a way that is sustainable.”

Newsom has not set a specific date when Stage 3 could begin in California.

"California Governor Gavin Newsom has stated that the state could move into Stage 3 as early as June, however, a specific date has not been stated for the start of the next stage, as it will depend on medical data, seeing as through theme parks are seen as “higher risk” businesses."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom