Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

Vesty

I rode it for the first time a couple days ago and it seemed like the door was shaking in its frame very roughly several times through the ride. I was in the engineering seat and the rattle was almost louder than the ride audio when it happened. The audio/video also stuttered twice during my run. Kind of a disappointing first experience.

sedati

I didn't see any images from smuggler's run in this video. what are you talking about?
There is no actual footage of Smuggler's Run, and there is no announcement of any new mission, but this demonstrates the next-gen of what they have been using. Smuggler's Run uses the Unreal Engine 4 to render. The video is an example of the newest version of that engine, which by all accounts is a tremendous upgrade in real-time rendering detail, lighting, and all around realism. Basically this bodes incredibly well IF incorporated into a Smuggler's Run update.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

There is no actual footage of Smuggler's Run, and there is no announcement of any new mission, but this demonstrates the next-gen of what they have been using. Smuggler's Run uses the Unreal Engine 4 to render. The video is an example of the newest version of that engine, which by all accounts is a tremendous upgrade in real-time rendering detail, lighting, and all around realism. Basically this bodes incredibly well IF incorporated into a Smuggler's Run update.
Ah.

Movielover

Engine looks great, really hope they can install it. Hopefully would help solve the issue some have with it looking like a video game.

thequeuelinelectures

Going from Unreal Engine 4 to 5 isn’t an easy change. Game engines are just that, engines that power the entire creation process. Taking advantage of the new features of UE5 would require basically remaking all the existing content. That’s not to say future missions wouldn’t potentially be designed in UE5, they probably would be. Just don’t expect any enhancements to the Corellia mission

thequeuelinelectures

Considering they never got the current version working without hiccups (about 75% of my rides on MFSR have had at least one glitch or hang) I'd much rather them fix this first, and then install new missions, then worry about updating the engine.
Yeah agreed. Got a nasty hang of like ~5 seconds last time I rode which was pretty jarring. I'd love them to really flesh out the Corellia mission as well with more actually branches and changes based on your teams performance but that's probably just wishful thinking...

I'm not asking for failure states or crashing because obviously that won't work, just more differences so that the game actually feels responsive to your actions. I'd kill for the next mission or updated Corellia just to have a moment where the path branches and pilots can steer into one of two paths that have slightly different ending sequences. That would really help sell to general guests the fantasy of controlling the falcon.

Disney Maddux

Yeah agreed. Got a nasty hang of like ~5 seconds last time I rode which was pretty jarring. I'd love them to really flesh out the Corellia mission as well with more actually branches and changes based on your teams performance but that's probably just wishful thinking...

I'm not asking for failure states or crashing because obviously that won't work, just more differences so that the game actually feels responsive to your actions. I'd kill for the next mission or updated Corellia just to have a moment where the path branches and pilots can steer into one of two paths that have slightly different ending sequences. That would really help sell to general guests the fantasy of controlling the falcon.
Something I'm really hopeful for is a train heist more similar to the scene from Solo.

Tom Morrow

That's a great idea, something to add variety without requiring skills or experience to accomplish. I think adding any element where doing better makes you experience -more- would only add to frustration and awkwardness whenever all six riders in the cockpit are not in the same party. As it is, first time riders often think the pilots screwed up badly during the scripted sequence where the Falcon falls down the shaft and smashes into the ground (this is super cartoony anyway and I think they should take it out).

By the way, if you're the owner of the YouTube channel of the same name, I love your channel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom