Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My “source”, as already stated, is today’s press conference. Specifically the Defense Secretary. Google provides several links if needed
This isn’t political youre 100% right it’s public health. Without the vaccine by the end of the year we would’ve been screwed, now everyone gets to breathe a huge sigh of relief. Vaccinations will begin as soon as September or October

OK, I did look it up and I don't see anything about vaccinations beginning in September or October. I keep seeing "by January."

The new vaccine czar says finding one by January is a ‘credible,’ but difficult, goal.
The former pharmaceutical executive picked this week to lead a crash program to develop a coronavirus vaccine said Thursday that developing and mass-producing a successful vaccine by January 2021 is a “credible objective,” but acknowledged it would be difficult, Maggie Haberman and Noah Weiland report.​
Moncef Slaoui, a former chairman of vaccines at GlaxoSmithKline, who is heading the program, conceded in an interview that even the time frame repeatedly cited by Dr. Fauci as necessary for developing the vaccine, which Mr. Trump has rejected, would still outpace what many scientists believe is possible.​
“Frankly, 12-18 months is already a very aggressive timeline,” Mr. Slaoui said. “I don’t think Dr. Fauci was wrong.”​

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Correct, today they announced that by January everyone will be vaccinated

But you said by September or October...

This isn’t political youre 100% right it’s public health. Without the vaccine by the end of the year we would’ve been screwed, now everyone gets to breathe a huge sigh of relief. Vaccinations will begin as soon as September or October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom