Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Disstevefan1

As people become more used to wearing masks, and keeping apart, more will accept this new reality of the world.

Things will never return to as they were before, because we have become more aware of germs and easy contamination.

Masks may ease over the years, but germ consciousness should never end.

Given enough time, COVID will also fade from memory for folks that were not tragically affected by it, like the Spanish flu. Many folks only know of the Spanish flu because of COVID. I do hope we all come away with general germ consciousness at least going forward.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sure, but that’s also a small minority, thankfully.
granted, I know Disney attracts all types, but I’ve seen the heat make “normal” people snap too. Adding a mask...well, let’s just say, I don’t think it’ll be just ‘Murikans acting like children in the parks.
I think it will only be 'muricans for a while. Travel restrictions will be in place for a while.

natatomic

It's not just about masks. By any chance, have you watched that video of how Shanghai DL reopened? Wow...SO many restrictions. And as soon as a CM tells the wrong person where they need to stand, sit, when to move, and yes...to wear a mask? Watch out. And boy do I hope the worst is that they act like children.

I haven’t. But I feel like comparing China to America is really apples and oranges anyway, and not just because we have crazy entitled people here. China has FAR more government control that the people have long been conditioned to accept. America is known for its freedom, which is obviously a double-edged sword since it makes many people not like being told what to do.

But I wouldn’t use the Chinese people as some gold standard as to how proper people should act either, since it has less to do with some innate greatness and maturity that Americans just don’t have, and more to do with the government control they’re subjected to.

JoeT63

I haven’t. But I feel like comparing China to America is really apples and oranges anyway, and not just because we have crazy entitled people here. China has FAR more government control that the people have long been conditioned to accept. America is known for its freedom, which is obviously a double-edged sword since it makes many people not like being told what to do.

But I wouldn’t use the Chinese people as some gold standard as to how proper people should act either, since it has less to do with some innate greatness and maturity that Americans just don’t have, and more to do with the government control they’re subjected to.
Too true. I guess I thought that would be the model we'd have to use here too. I suppose that's not necessarily the case, but I can't really imagine another way to completely open.

Lilofan

It's amazing when one works for a boss who reports to their boss all up the supply chain that you follow orders given to you and implement and enforce the change and hold people accountable or its your job that is in jeopardy. We may not like it and then their is the option of not going and just stay home. The cast members are going to have a challenging job ahead of them and they are there to implement and enforce.

natatomic

Too true. I guess I thought that would be the model we'd have to use here too. I suppose that's not necessarily the case, but I can't really imagine another way to completely open.

Sorry I jumped on you earlier. I just keep seeing people say, “masks won’t work because Murikans don’t like them!” And I guess I just snapped - and I wasn't even wearing a mask to make me grumpy! Lol

JoeT63

Sorry I jumped on you earlier. I just keep seeing people say, “masks won’t work because Murikans don’t like them!” And I guess I just snapped - and I wasn't even wearing a mask to make me grumpy! Lol
Pfft...no prob. Strange times. We were supposed to go on a big trip to the Grand Floridian this Saturday. 11 of us, been planning for years. Me, wife, 3 kids and their significant others, and three grandkids on their first trip. Our two sons are active duty military and are deploying later this year, so we will likely never be able to reschedule. We threaded the needle to get these May dates. It's heartbreaking...we were so excited and so close.

MickeyLuv'r

As people become more used to wearing masks, and keeping apart, more will accept this new reality of the world.

Things will never return to as they were before, because we have become more aware of germs and easy contamination.

Masks may ease over the years, but germ consciousness should never end.
For some, yes.

But I also remember 9/11. After 9/11, many people said the same thing about airline safety spiels, that people would never go back to ignoring them. Alas, it didn't take long before frequent travelers were ignoring the safety spiel.

If history is any guide: after the 1918 pandemic, many people were eager to put the tragedy of it behind them.

In 2001, a number of folks volunteered to clear wreckage in NYC, and suffered health consequences from breathing in all the dust. Over time, funding their healthcare needs grew less and less popular.

davis_unoxx

Completely agree, also they can be very rude and lack of personal space in crowded areas. At the Louvre and Versailles I would have to tell them to not stand on the back of my heels and such.

davis_unoxx

I noticed in a few videos and photos there are guests in Shanghai Disney not wearing masks. Will Disney here also not kick you out if you don’t wear one? Also how long you think masks will be a requirement? I fully realize why they are needed, but won’t go to Disney or other hot crowded areas until you don’t need to wear one and safe to do so, since all three extra precautions while needed, certainly take away from the experience while I could just do a beach vacation on the outer banks and that’s much less impacted due to how big the beaches are and the lack of density.

davis_unoxx

I refuse to spend money to be miserable while wearing a mask in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity. Disney is making a mistake by making this mandatory. It should be “Strongly Encouraged“ not required.
Yep, like how are people going to enjoy this when they have to do all of this? Also many people going to overheat seems way too complicated for me to have a fun time. Tbh staying at home more fun now...

davis_unoxx

You know what else is miserable? Struggling to breathe while your lungs fill with fluid as you die.

If you don't want to wear a mask, stay home. But if everyone in the world was wearing a mask when in public we could be back to normal a lot faster.
I agree too, I think 80% of people will decide not to go to Disney until it’s back to our old normal and not worrying about coronavirus.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I refuse to spend money to be miserable while wearing a mask in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity. Disney is making a mistake by making this mandatory. It should be “Strongly Encouraged“ not required.
I think that’s where this ends up. Way too contentious to try to regulate it. I also think that pushes the opening date back some. Every bit of mitigation of risk allows them to open sooner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom