Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What is scary is that if more people work from home doing multiple tasks, then leads office space to be rented, cleaned add-ons cost savings. If a person gets hurt at home while working from home , twist an ankle, playing with their little kid, can they claim workers comp and WDW pay for the hospital bills??
I never thought of the osha impact.

Good question. The answer is “no”...which means the private insurance is on the hook...which means they’ll march to Capitol Hill to get coverage concessions...which’s means they’ll charge your employer double...who will charge you double.

Or something like that 😉

Dave B

Not worth the risk at all, it would be insane to go there before there is some sort of cure or vaccine, I can't believe anyone would take even the 1% risk of going, we love Disney and go at least once a year if not more and it is killing us not to be there, but we cannot justify the risk exposure

celluloid

Not worth the risk at all, it would be insane to go there before there is some sort of cure or vaccine, I can't believe anyone would take even the 1% risk of going, we love Disney and go at least once a year if not more and it is killing us not to be there, but we cannot justify the risk exposure

Good point and one way to look at it. If things are still as heavy as both Cast Members and Guests have masks required over a contagion situation being the best enforced option, is is it really a good time to open a theme park?

Hcalvert

The key here is all parties involved are waiving their cancellation fees and allowing refunds or rebooking. Nobody is financially impacted. Even the airlines are waiving their change fees.
That is not true for those that rented DVC points. They are at the mercy of the owner and whether or not they will/can rebook or refund the money. Some owners are saying they done all that they can and walk off with the money and leave the paying party with no refund.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That is not true for those that rented DVC points. They are at the mercy of the owner and whether or not they will/can rebook or refund the money. Some owners are saying they done all that they can and walk off with the money and leave the paying party with no refund.
Renting DVC points is outside of the control of Disney. They allow the process to happen but they aren’t a party to it. If you booked a WDW trip through a 3rd party website or travel agent you could also be subject to change fees or other charges from them.

In the context of the discussion, Disney allowing hotel rooms to be booked starting June 1 and then potentially cancelling the reservation later doesn’t result in any money lost. I would hope that nobody rented DVC points in April or May for a trip in June without knowing if the parks were going to be open or not. That doesn’t seem like a good idea. I can understand the frustration if you rented the points before this all happened for this summer.

Hcalvert

Renting DVC points is outside of the control of Disney. They allow the process to happen but they aren’t a party to it. If you booked a WDW trip through a 3rd party website or travel agent you could also be subject to change fees or other charges from them.

In the context of the discussion, Disney allowing hotel rooms to be booked starting June 1 and then potentially cancelling the reservation later doesn’t result in any money lost. I would hope that nobody rented DVC points in April or May for a trip in June without knowing if the parks were going to be open or not. That doesn’t seem like a good idea. I can understand the frustration if you rented the points before this all happened for this summer.
I rented the points for my now cancelled June trip last July and the points for the July trip in November. Thankfully, the June person is refunding all my money. It is to be seen if the July person does the same although she has insinuated that she won't. If necessary, it is enough to file in small claims court as we have a lawyer in the family who said he would do it for free for us. I hope it does not come to that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I rented the points for my now cancelled June trip last July and the points for the July trip in November. Thankfully, the June person is refunding all my money. It is to be seen if the July person does the same although she has insinuated that she won't. If necessary, it is enough to file in small claims court as we have a lawyer in the family who said he would do it for free for us. I hope it does not come to that.
Would you go in July if they open the parks? My personal opinion is that if the parks aren‘t open and the person gets the points back from DVC for the cancellation it’s a no brainer they need to either refund the money or at least allow you to use the points at a later time. In small claims court thats an easy win. You can’t take someone’s money for a good and then also keep that good. Where I think it gets tricky is if the parks are open but the person doesn’t want to go under the restrictions in place or because they are high risk or if they are from the U.K. or Canada they may not be able to fly in yet. That’s a tougher call because within 30 days if you cancel a reservation DVC returns the points but in a holding account. The owner can argue they are out those points unless they can use them or re-rent them in the restricted period. I think come July/Aug/Sept whenever the parks open that’s going to be a big problem.

danv3

What is scary is that if more people work from home doing multiple tasks, then saves on office space to be rented, cleaned - add-ons equals cost savings. If a person gets hurt at home while working from home , twist an ankle, playing with their little kid, can they claim workers comp and WDW pay for the hospital bills??

Short answer is yes, if an employee is working from home and they have an injury that arises out of and in the course of employment, it is covered by workers comp, regardless of where the injury occurs. An injury playing with their kid probably doesn't arise out of the course of employment, so that wouldn't be covered.

Hcalvert

Would you go in July if they open the parks? My personal opinion is that if the parks aren‘t open and the person gets the points back from DVC for the cancellation it’s a no brainer they need to either refund the money or at least allow you to use the points at a later time. In small claims court thats an easy win. You can’t take someone’s money for a good and then also keep that good. Where I think it gets tricky is if the parks are open but the person doesn’t want to go under the restrictions in place or because they are high risk or if they are from the U.K. or Canada they may not be able to fly in yet. That’s a tougher call because within 30 days if you cancel a reservation DVC returns the points but in a holding account. The owner can argue they are out those points unless they can use them or re-rent them in the restricted period. I think come July/Aug/Sept whenever the parks open that’s going to be a big problem.
We will go if they are open. I really don't want to, but the owner says she will not rebook again. Right now, DVC are not holding points within the 30 day period due to the closure. So if they are closed, that will not be a problem. I just don't know when the points are set to expire as Disney is only extending the points for six months if they are closed when they expire. These are not banked points, so she could bank them. I have made a good faith effort to go and when we had to rebook the March trip due to the closure, I lost some money for not using all the points I paid for then and at that time, she refused to refund the difference, which we accepted as it amounted to about $100.

Seanual757

You have just as much a risk getting on an airplane, going to the store. Hell good chance the virus was at Disney back in November/December of last year.

Disaster for the Florida economy as well as Disney if they did not open until a vaccine or cure was available w/ in the next 12-24 months. But that would only happen if
Some Vegas hotels are going to give people kits when they check in containing hand sanitizer, masks and wipes.

I think Disney should do the same if they want to encourage people to use them.

Any they might for resort guests APH and people purchasing park tickets could be on your own.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Some Vegas hotels are going to give people kits when they check in containing hand sanitizer, masks and wipes.

I think Disney should do the same if they want to encourage people to use them.

And knowing the typical guest that you see at Disney parks do you really think that there wouldn't be thousands of masks, wipes, and bottles of sanitizer left laying all over the place? If they aren't going to bring it themselves then I promise you that they will not wear it even if it were given to them. The adults would either not wear a mask because "This is 'Murica and you're not going to tell me what I have to wear!" or they'd have their noses sticking out of the mask because they cannot breathe. And the kids would have their masks on the stuffed animals/dolls they purchase.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And knowing the typical guest that you see at Disney parks do you really think that there wouldn't be thousands of masks, wipes, and bottles of sanitizer left laying all over the place? If they aren't going to bring it themselves then I promise you that they will not wear it even if it were given to them. The adults would either not wear a mask because "This is 'Murica and you're not going to tell me what I have to wear!" or they'd have their noses sticking out of the mask because they cannot breathe. And the kids would have their masks on the stuffed animals/dolls they purchase.
Well at least in that case you won't catch it from a stitch plush 😉

John park hopper

I agree with you. My last visit to WDW (May 2019) I noticed a significant number of trash cans filled to capacity I can just imagine the added volume of trash via masks, hand wipes, sanitizer bottles et. many people are basically slobs

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Nobody freaking knows...that’s why all “I’m sure” proclamations are inherently wrong. About near everything.

I’d love to be at the OKW pool right now and I don’t want anyone nearby.
But not without the Suitcase...and are people leaning on the bar all day as usual if it’s open? Am I gonna remember to touch nothing else after?
How much am I willing to pay for any of the scenarios?

I couldn’t agree more with your comment about the ‘I’m sure’ proclamations. As far as I know, absolutely nothing is official. Disney has asked about possible restrictions and execs have mentioned possible things, but nothing is announced and we all know what opinions are like...

More importantly to the second part of your post, we have a trip planned in mid-July and if the Suitcase is closed we plan to show up at Roberto’s front door.

M:SpilotISTC12

I'm a DVC owner. We were scheduled to go in June for the Epcot Moonlight Magic. Obviously it got canceled so I'm stuck with points that will be expiring at the end of November.

So to help recoup the loss, I rented them out. The trip that someone booked is for the middle of September, I figured that was far enough out for things to possibly open back up. Recently I got paid 75% of the money. 25% will be sent at check in. However should that trip not happen, I would try my best to rebook or give them their money back. I'm sure most DVC owners renting will try to do the right thing and do right by the buyer. But I'm sure there are a few bad eggs as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom