Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polynesia

Oh, they don't want me in charge up there. I would have thrown out at least 10% of the guests that I have had the misfortune to encounter over the years. But Disney won't go there, that's my point. In the age of smart phones, they are in a real pickle. People will not only film other guests openly disobeying the rules without correction, but the heated confrontations with cast members as well. Disney doesn't want either of those scenarios to make headlines or go viral on social media. That is certainly supported by Chapek's comment about guest behavior impacting decisions whether parks open or not. This is going to be a tough one to navigate.
My reply was typed with tongue in check.😊 I know it’s not easy. But Disney will have to figure something out if they want to reopen with rules.

Ravenclaw78

I checked several times, I didn't see anything about the constitutional right to any of that on private property.

Nobody is forcing that man to be in the parks, at least I hope so .. if so I apologize to that poor poor Florida man

;)
Hence my use of quotes around his non-existent alleged right. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Oh, they don't want me in charge up there. I would have thrown out at least 10% of the guests that I have had the misfortune to encounter over the years. But Disney won't go there, that's my point. In the age of smart phones, they are in a real pickle. People will not only film other guests openly disobeying the rules without correction, but the heated confrontations with cast members as well. Disney doesn't want either of those scenarios to make headlines or go viral on social media. That is certainly supported by Chapek's comment about guest behavior impacting decisions on whether parks open or not. This is going to be a tough one to navigate.
I’ve been saying this from the start of this conversation. It’s a huge risk to enforce a mask rule due to the possible PR backlash from a viral video. It’s also a huge risk to not require it and have a PR backlash from WDW being the start of a hot spot. I don’t envy the people making that decision.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Baloo62

Goofnut1980

I look at this and go, this looks like an amazing time to go on rides with little to no wait everywhere, then after the reservations only period is over, I can do the shows, parades, etc. again.

But this from the vantage point of having an annual pass.

It's interesting because on the DVC site, SOOOOO many dates opened up for room availability for June and July. I hope I can go. I am fine with a mask and using hand sanitizer and washing my hands. The parks should be EMPTY!

monykalyn

In 2008 when pregnant I have antibodies tests including MMR as part of routine prenatal blood work. Didn't have antibodies for one so I had to the the vaccine again after I gave birth. This is something pretty common to have done
Rubella? Same here-only for both 1st and 2nd pregnancies-took 3 shots for my titers to get high enough (by time I was pregnant with third). Did not know adults may need boosters until then.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I checked several times, I didn't see anything about the constitutional right to any of that on private property.

Nobody is forcing that man to be in the parks, at least I hope so .. if so I apologize to that poor poor Florida man

;)
The reality is that the Disney Springs re-opening is a test to see if people will actually follow the rules, or fight against them. If people fight against the rules the re-opening will slow down, if they comply the re-opening can move forward.

twebber55

I’ve been saying this from the start of this conversation. It’s a huge risk to enforce a mask rule due to the possible PR backlash from a viral video. It’s also a huge risk to not require it and have a PR backlash from WDW being the start of a hot spot. I don’t envy the people making that decision.
yeah i agree ive been saying for a while this is an extremely tough decision when to open both for local and state leaders and for businesses when there is no black and white answer
as for me and my family i wont go if i have to wear a mask in the middle of the summer but certainly understand from Disney's perspective on why they want people to wear one

TXRob

Oh how I wish that could be. But, yes, it will be extremely difficult here in the US. The number of "We're paying $______ to stay here - you can't tell me what to wear/where to stand/how to act" confrontations will be astronomical. The parks in Asia are a different animal; those cultures are very dignified, disciplined, and reserved. Here in America they will have to throw out rude, entitled fools by the bus load.
Maybe you should relocate

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The reality is that the Disney Springs re-opening is a test to see if people will actually follow the rules, or fight against them. If people fight against the rules the re-opening will slow down, if they comply the re-opening can move forward.
DS opening came down to the 3rd parties that "persuaded" Disney to allow them to open, nothing to do with tests, although one can certainly use this as a test, but it wasn't the reason they are reopening.

Disney Analyst

We will see how much WDW will tolerate with guest cooperation wearing the masks. Magnified with the intense heat and humidity of Central Florida, they may even need the assistance of armed law enforcement roaming in the near vicinity.

I have a feeling it hopefully would be fine, I mean... the majority of people who will attend the parks will be Florida residents, as international travel will still be blocked, and I assume only states within driving distance may still come down / those brave American's willing to board a flight. I feel like the locals must have a bigger respect for the park and their rules? I hope so....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom