Disney Parks Advanced Reservations (Speculation)

ThatMouse

Original Poster
Disney has not announced anything, but it seems likely they will be moving to advanced reservations for park entry. Apparently Disneyland already has a system in place called Flex Pass, so Disney World could use that system. It's total speculation, but I think they should create new passes that would allow people that already have passes to exchange for these Disney World Flex Passes.

Six Flags to Require Advance Reservations to Visit

ThatMouse

Original Poster
Disneyland is easy as both of their parks are separated by a walkway.

I'm not sure this would work at Disney world

Reservations is the only solution if theme parks want to open now. If you're on a bus to EPCOT they will be saying only board if you have a reservation. Someone's probably printing up the signs now.

Herdman

We usually have one dining reservation per park per day, and we don't park hop so Disney should allow us to be the first to visit. hahaha

disney4life2008

Reservations is the only solution if theme parks want to open now. If you're on a bus to EPCOT they will be saying only board if you have a reservation. Someone's probably printing up the signs now.

Frightening lol. But that works for resort guests. What about those staying off site? This would have to eliminate park hopping? Which means my annual pass cannot be charged the same.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hopefully they ban all international travel groups. That alone in Summer will free up alot of space.

Get rid of the horrible cheerleaders and sports camps, that adds more space.
Augj.gif

ThatMouse

Original Poster
I was under the impression that the Disneyland Flex Pass is an annual pass that is used at busier times with blockout dates and limited reservations other times of the year. They don’t use this for regular tickets.

Correct, but Flex Pass is a model that is proven to technically work and would be easy enough to roll over for all ticket types. It also solves the problem of huge crowds piling up at entrances. And yes there would be many problems for people who made all kinds of ADR's, FP's, and room reservations. Personally I'm anxious to know what my refund options are, because this bites!

1588800316205.png

Credit:

nickys

Premium Member
Hopefully they ban all international travel groups. That alone in Summer will free up alot of space.

Don’t many of cheer and dance teams come in the winter and spring? December through to March for all the High School competitions and so on. And actually, isn’t that when the Brazilian school groups tend to come too, with the school year being different?

There won’t be many, if any, international guests this summer. We’re not allowed into the country, there aren’t many flights operating and there’s the possibility of quarantine if people do arrive.

zengoth

Personally I'm anxious to know what my refund options are, because this bites!
I feel the same about annual passes. If WDW wants to go the reservation route, I certainly understand, but that's not what I bought when I bought an annual pass. I bought 4 park access for all days for a year, less the blackout days I agreed to. They can't just change it to - sorry, there's one tuesday in November left for you. It changes park admission to the Fast Pass Gamble. As an AP holder, I can only get a FastPass 30 days beforehand and I have yet to snag one for Flight of Passage all these years later.

disney4life2008

Don’t many of cheer and dance teams come in the winter and spring? December through to March for all the High School competitions and so on. And actually, isn’t that when the Brazilian school groups tend to come too, with the school year being different?

There won’t be many, if any, international guests this summer. We’re not allowed into the country, there aren’t many flights operating and there’s the possibility of quarantine if people do arrive.

The main sporting groups are December to March. But because of wwos, they are year round.

The horrible Brazilians I feel like are year round too.

DVCakaCarlF

Clearly, they’ll enforce the restrictions based on your AP type. Epcot after 4:00, will still be Epcot after 4:00. Premier will still be premier, and so on.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I feel the same about annual passes. If WDW wants to go the reservation route, I certainly understand, but that's not what I bought when I bought an annual pass. I bought 4 park access for all days for a year, less the blackout days I agreed to. They can't just change it to - sorry, there's one tuesday in November left for you. It changes park admission to the Fast Pass Gamble. As an AP holder, I can only get a FastPass 30 days beforehand and I have yet to snag one for Flight of Passage all these years later.
Actually, yes they can. you did not read your contract. they reserve the right to change the terms of the pass at anytime and without notifying you if needed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Frightening lol. But that works for resort guests. What about those staying off site? This would have to eliminate park hopping? Which means my annual pass cannot be charged the same.
Who’s saying off-site is even a possibility now? And if so...park hopping rules would be across the board. If people are spending to travel and spend and commit to reserved parks...the locals will have to too. Can’t have it ultra convenient in weird times.

Majority of Business on every single dern day is from the good old continent USofA...and not the tour groups, Ace.

You’re also not gonna be able to float in and out of the parks like the local delusions are starting to tell people in their sleep.
This is concerning for me as I already have Fastpasses scheduled in one park and a dinner reservation in another on the same day. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Lol...you’re worried about that? When is this fictitious trip to business as usual under the old system?

Cheer and dance groups? I don’t see it

International tour groups? I don’t see it.

Maybe next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom