Disney Parks Advanced Reservations (Speculation)

Jrb1979

That’s been a thing forever...

It’s just not usually obvious because the obsession over the same old Disney stuff is on repeat/blast.

There’s a behavior during the ‘Vid that has really burned me and I know a lot of others...but I’ll keep those thoughts to myself now. Anytime I point it out...I get reported for being too “mean”...the truth hurts.
I think I know what you are saying. A lot seem to be in denial of anything Shanghai is doing as it would take their magic away. I have a 6 month old and was thinking of taking her next year. The Disney fan elitist attitude has made me think twice.

zengoth

thomas998

Actually, yes they can. you did not read your contract. they reserve the right to change the terms of the pass at anytime and without notifying you if needed.
Although if you took them to court on it you would likely win as a contract that allows one party to change the terms on a whim is unlikely to be enforced by courts. That inclusion is more of a boilerplate weasel word clause that is intended to scare most people away from suing them when they do something. You can find lots of things companies will print and post to try and convince people that they don't have any rights or standing on something when in fact they do. One of the best examples is the dump trucks that plaster big signs on the trucks saying they aren't responsible for damage to other cars. Some people will believe it when a rock falls off the truck and cracks their windshield, but it isn't true only something they know many will believe and thus not force them to pay for damages they cause.

Hcalvert

This piece of news seems to indicate, based on Shanghai, AP holders will only be able to make "reservations" 7 days before they want to go - which sounds like a recipe to find most days already booked up. :mad:
I wonder what happens if you are an AP and have reservations onsite. The same? I already have my FPs set up and my dining reservations done and the majority of the time, they are not in the same park. More stuff to be anxious about....

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Although if you took them to court on it you would likely win as a contract that allows one party to change the terms on a whim is unlikely to be enforced by courts. That inclusion is more of a boilerplate weasel word clause that is intended to scare most people away from suing them when they do something. You can find lots of things companies will print and post to try and convince people that they don't have any rights or standing on something when in fact they do. One of the best examples is the dump trucks that plaster big signs on the trucks saying they aren't responsible for damage to other cars. Some people will believe it when a rock falls off the truck and cracks their windshield, but it isn't true only something they know many will believe and thus not force them to pay for damages they cause.
No. you would easily lose that lawsuit against Disney. They would bury you in court costs alone.

thomas998

No. you would easily lose that lawsuit against Disney. They would bury you in court costs alone.
Nope. The first thing an AP customers has on Disney is that they are living in another state the other is that because of how Disney solicited you to buy and AP they could be sued in small claims court which would make it more expensive for Disney to fight the lawsuit than it would likely cost them to just refund you the money. While Disney could easily drag things out if they wanted, where is the value in spending thousands and thousands of dollars to avoid refunding someone 1,200 dollars?

nickys

Premium Member
Nope. The first thing an AP customers has on Disney is that they are living in another state the other is that because of how Disney solicited you to buy and AP they could be sued in small claims court which would make it more expensive for Disney to fight the lawsuit than it would likely cost them to just refund you the money. While Disney could easily drag things out if they wanted, where is the value in spending thousands and thousands of dollars to avoid refunding someone 1,200 dollars?

Can I just point out that in Shanghai, APs are being extended for the entire time that advance reservations are required. Maybe they’ll do something similar here?

thomas998

Can I just point out that in Shanghai, APs are being extended for the entire time that advance reservations are required. Maybe they’ll do something similar here?
Don't forget that Disney only has a minority stake in Shanghi Disney so what is done there doesn't have any real bearing on how the managers of WDW behave.

zengoth

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom