Disney Parks Advanced Reservations (Speculation)

zengoth

Actually, yes they can. you did not read your contract. they reserve the right to change the terms of the pass at anytime and without notifying you if needed.
I agree there may be "terms" - but nothing that basically says "we take your money and you get nothing in return". That's why it's more important how WDW decides to deal with customers during these changes. I am also not one of those people who believes every large corporation is happy to ruin as many customer relationships as they can just because they have a staff of attornies. YMMV.

Hcalvert

Who’s saying off-site is even a possibility now? And if so...park hopping rules would be across the board. If people are spending to travel and spend and commit to reserved parks...the locals will have to too. Can’t have it ultra convenient in weird times.

Majority of Business on every single dern day is from the good old continent USofA...and not the tour groups, Ace.

You’re also not gonna be able to float in and out of the parks like the local delusions are starting to tell people in their sleep.

Lol...you’re worried about that? When is this fictitious trip to business as usual under the old system?

Cheer and dance groups? I don’t see it

International tour groups? I don’t see it.

Maybe next year.
I already cancelled that trip but am scheduling my fastpasses for my July trip tomorrow so I will be in the same situation. And yes, I am worried about that. Why don't you just keep your thoughts to yourself because nothing you shared is helpful or insightful in any way other than to troll others.

Lilofan

If/when they do both virtual queues and registrations, where are all the folks going to wait? In their cars? Certainly not in the bathroom.
What I'm going to miss is standing in line in the queues. I get immersed in the Disney storytelling in these areas.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I already cancelled that trip but am scheduling my fastpasses for my July trip tomorrow so I will be in the same situation. And yes, I am worried about that. Why don't you just keep your thoughts to yourself because nothing you shared is helpful or insightful in any way other than to troll others.
Good suggestion...

...actually, I just thought about it again and I’m gonna need you not to be preachy/lecture for me to do that. Deal?

First world “problems”

disney4life2008

Who’s saying off-site is even a possibility now? And if so...park hopping rules would be across the board. If people are spending to travel and spend and commit to reserved parks...the locals will have to too. Can’t have it ultra convenient in weird times.

Majority of Business on every single dern day is from the good old continent USofA...and not the tour groups, Ace.

You’re also not gonna be able to float in and out of the parks like the local delusions are starting to tell people in their sleep.

Lol...you’re worried about that? When is this fictitious trip to business as usual under the old system?

Cheer and dance groups? I don’t see it

International tour groups? I don’t see it.

Maybe next year.

As a local, I fully expect to go in and out as I please.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As a local, I fully expect to go in and out as I please.
Based on your stance...I assumed you were a local.

And you may be disappointed. Maybe not.

Locals don’t “own” wdw...an important segment but just a segment. Disney has eyes on a bigger prize and there in lies the problem in reopening.

I gotta question though: why would you expect free run off the bat?

What did they close for and lay everyone off for? To just randomly got back to normal on a Tuesday or something?

disney4life2008

Based on your stance...I assumed you were a local.

And you may be disappointed. Maybe not.

Locals don’t “own” wdw...an important segment but just a segment. Disney has eyes on a bigger prize and there in lies the problem in reopening.

I gotta question though: why would you expect free run off the bat?

What did they close for and lay everyone off for? To just randomly got back to normal on a Tuesday or something?

Actually no. I'm well aware of the closure. I was there the last day at epcot. I agree with the letting go of all the Disney College program people.

But when Disney Springs open on the 20 who will be there? Locals. And I can guarantee you they will be in droves. I won't be there. Disney Springs is a poor excuse of dining and shopping that caters only to people who can't differentiate between expensive and ridiculous because it's at Disney. I can go to Burlington and get the same thing. Seafood? Red lobster. I'm not paying 50 for trash.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I feel the same about annual passes. If WDW wants to go the reservation route, I certainly understand, but that's not what I bought when I bought an annual pass. I bought 4 park access for all days for a year, less the blackout days I agreed to. They can't just change it to - sorry, there's one tuesday in November left for you. It changes park admission to the Fast Pass Gamble. As an AP holder, I can only get a FastPass 30 days beforehand and I have yet to snag one for Flight of Passage all these years later.
Ask for your refund then.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I agree there may be "terms" - but nothing that basically says "we take your money and you get nothing in return". That's why it's more important how WDW decides to deal with customers during these changes. I am also not one of those people who believes every large corporation is happy to ruin as many customer relationships as they can just because they have a staff of attornies. YMMV.
Actually there is. Again you did not read your contract. . There is a clause in there that says your pass can be cancelled at any time with no refund to you for any reason. that is "we take your money and you get nothing in return"

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What I'm going to miss is standing in line in the queues. I get immersed in the Disney storytelling in these areas.
Depends on the queue.

I'd love a virtual queue for Navi River Journey, It's a Small World, Seven Dwarfs, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Living with the Land.....

Ya get the idea.

Now, anything that has a pre-show, I would want the full experience of the queue line. Because typically those with pre-shows end up having the best queues, in my opinion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually no. I'm well aware of the closure. I was there the last day at epcot. I agree with the letting go of all the Disney College program people.

But when Disney Springs open on the 20 who will be there? Locals. And I can guarantee you they will be in droves. I won't be there. Disney Springs is a poor excuse of dining and shopping that caters only to people who can't differentiate between expensive and ridiculous because it's at Disney. I can go to Burlington and get the same thing. Seafood? Red lobster. I'm not paying 50 for trash.
I can only say this so many ways: locals are an important segment of the business...but they are a small segment as well. Like 10% in good times and 20-25% in bad...

It’s not gonna drive the gravy train.

And if you balk at the food prices at springs and prefer 192, 535 or sand lake road...why would Disney risk monetary loss to open for you? What’s in it for them?

You do know the guest spending per day is lowest for the Florida residents, correct? Not exactly a nasa calculation to make.

dreamfinder912

I can only say this so many ways: locals are an important segment of the business...but they are a small segment as well. Like 10% in good times and 20-25% in bad...

It’s not gonna drive the gravy train.

And if you balk at the food prices at springs and prefer 192, 535 or sand lake road...why would Disney risk monetary loss to open for you? What’s in it for them?

You do know the guest spending per day is lowest for the Florida residents, correct? Not exactly a nasa calculation to make.

Considering Disney hotels will not be open when Disney Springs starts to reopen on the 20th, locals are all they have. No one is traveling here just yet, and they don't have any (Disney) place to stay when they do. I think most of us know we're the test subjects to see how people will respond to the new rules, whatever they end up being, given that Disney hasn't enforced their own in years and years. The slow reopening of third party locations is only to see how they need to adapt when they let everyone else back in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering Disney hotels will not be open when Disney Springs starts to reopen on the 20th, locals are all they have. No one is traveling here just yet, and they don't have any (Disney) place to stay when they do. I think most of us know we're the test subjects to see how people will respond to the new rules, whatever they end up being, given that Disney hasn't enforced their own in years and years. The slow reopening of third party locations is only to see how they need to adapt when they let everyone else back in.
I totally agree...but that’s a completely different issue.

We have the examples in the far more “fall in line” Disney locations in China and Japan...

There’s a false gathering opinion that if downtown Disney’s open tomorrow...APs and day off furloughed employees are going to be able to “grab a fastpass” for runaway railway a week from Sunday...

I have some magic beans to sell those people.

Stay in the proper mental lane...is what I’m saying

Last edited:

zengoth

Actually there is. Again you did not read your contract. . There is a clause in there that says your pass can be cancelled at any time with no refund to you for any reason. that is "we take your money and you get nothing in return"
Well then, i guess i like disney a little less today. If only Apple or Google opened a theme park, i am sure their business practices would be much more fair.

zengoth

...I doubt it
That’s my point. I try to stay centered. There’s a lot on these boards about ”if you don’t like disney rules, don’t go” “they’re a business, they are all about money and they’ll make sure the fine print means they can hustle you”. Just like there are those who believe disney can and will do no wrong to their loyal fans. I prefer the middle ground with a caveat emptor aftertaste.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s my point. I try to stay centered. There’s a lot on these boards about ”if you don’t like disney rules, don’t go” “they’re a business, they are all about money and they’ll make sure the fine print means they can hustle you”. Just like there are those who believe disney can and will do no wrong to their loyal fans. I prefer the middle ground with a caveat emptor aftertaste.
...but Disney only cares about magic...

Jrb1979

I try to do the same and try to stay in the middle. I will say is during this shutdown a lot of Disney fans have turned me off of Disney. A lot of it comes from how they look down on other amusement parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I try to do the same and try to stay in the middle. I will say is during this shutdown a lot of Disney fans have turned me off of Disney. A lot of it comes from how they look down on other amusement parks.
That’s been a thing forever...

It’s just not usually obvious because the obsession over the same old Disney stuff is on repeat/blast.

There’s a behavior during the ‘Vid that has really burned me and I know a lot of others...but I’ll keep those thoughts to myself now. Anytime I point it out...I get reported for being too “mean”...the truth hurts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom