Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

celluloid

Hong Kong has the feel of a regional Park with Mystic Manor as a highlight.
Shanghai has some fun Individual E Tickets Tron is vastly overrated. The park as a hole does not seem to provide balance.
DCA is still constantly struggling but even with a big step forward now and then it is a Hodge Podge Park with little direction.

Toy Story Land is the worst produced land ever by the Walt Disney Company.

Most of Disney Park issues is they now associative theme to themselves and have become a parody rather than maintaining.or ehancing their standards of experiences.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

I don't care much for the immersive lands (ex. Pandora and SWGE) that are built. My reasons are as follows:
1. A great deal of money is spent to only have two rides and a ton of scenery.
2. For the same amount of money, multiple rides could be added and each one themed successfully.
3. Not every land requires concrete rock sculpturing to feel "real".
4. Though I can appreciate the attempt at immersion, I never truly feel that I have been transported to an alien planet or another galaxy.

Another unpopular opinion I have: In trying to make Animal Kingdom authentic, I find myself thinking that it looks junky and beat-up. To the point that I don't want to use the restrooms for fear of picking up a disease. As if cholera or dysentery are also lurking at every water fountain. I love the animals and their enclosures but not the majority of the park's theme.

FettFan

I’m actually okay with higher ticket prices because I understand the concept of supply and demand.

As popular as Disney is, lower ticket prices would mean that the parks would hit capacity much more quickly and be shut down to anyone who is not a resort guest.

Want to save money by booking at a Motel 6? No Magic Kingdom for you!

disney4life2008

Pandora is stupid and boring. One pretty good ride, one pretty but nothing ride, way too much $ spent on all of it. I get my fp, ride it, leave.

Pandora is an absolute waste of money and space. I appreciate flights of passage and have grown to like the boat ride but the space is horribly used. There is so much more they could have done with that entire area. And at night its even worse the black lights make me faint.

DisneyNittany

I don't care much for the immersive lands (ex. Pandora and SWGE) that are built. My reasons are as follows:
2. For the same amount of money, multiple rides could be added and each one themed successfully.
4. Though I can appreciate the attempt at immersion, I never truly feel that I have been transported to an alien planet or another galaxy.

Another unpopular opinion I have: In trying to make Animal Kingdom authentic, I find myself thinking that it looks junky and beat-up. To the point that I don't want to use the restrooms for fear of picking up a disease. As if cholera or dysentery are also lurking at every water fountain. I love the animals and their enclosures but not the majority of the park's theme.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter, specifically Diagon Alley, knocked it out of the park (no pun intended). Disney, however, has dropped the ball on all of their themed lands. I don't find them immersive at all, where when I'm in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade I actually feel like I've been transported to a magical world and really give into the escapism.

disney4life2008

It's a safe bet that water fountains will be removed from public every where.

Here is another use of bad space. Arial undersea adventure. The ride itself is good but to get from the entrance to the ride is longer than the ride it's self.

I don't mind star wars, the land feels much better than pandora. And it fits in Hollywood studios. Pandora just seems out of place and has zero connection to what animal kingdom was founded as.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Wizarding World of Harry Potter, specifically Diagon Alley, knocked it out of the park (no pun intended). Disney, however, has dropped the ball on all of their themed lands. I don't find them immersive at all, where when I'm in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade I actually feel like I've been transported to a magical world and really give into the escapism.
Especially with Epic Universe coming out Disney has to step up their game.

Pepper's Ghost

Kind of hard to pull off #4 when you don't do #s 1 and 3. Just sayin'. :) I'd imagine that if you add more rides, it would feel less like you were transported to an alien planet or galaxy because it's not like another planet would have more rides. You have to suspend reality a bit in order to immerse yourself and feel "transported". When riding Pirates, do you really feel like you've been transported hundreds of years earlier and to the Caribbean? On Rock N Rollercoaster, do you feel like you're in a limo on the way to a concert, and are you horribly disappointed when you get to the concert, and you just walk out into a theme park? Of all things Disney might not be doing well lately, I feel like immersion isn't high on the list.

My unpopular opinion is that I feel like we've done these "unpopular opinion" threads to death. 😁🤪

Another really unpopular opinion... I feel like we (including me) Disney fans are a tad nitpicky sometimes.

DisneyNittany

Especially with Epic Universe coming out Disney has to step up their game.

I say that as a complete and total Disney World apologist too. Despite the current conditions, I still love and adore WDW, mostly because of the fact that it offers escapism in a bubble and first-class nostalgia. However, while I'll take it over Universal (even when Epic opens), there isn't a better land on the planet than the combination of Harry Potter lands.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I say that as a complete and total Disney World apologist too. Despite the current conditions, I still love and adore WDW, mostly because of the fact that it offers escapism in a bubble and first-class nostalgia. However, while I'll take it over Universal (even when Epic opens), there isn't a better land on the planet than the combination of Harry Potter lands.
I agree 100% I love Disney World but I also love Universal. Universal might win me over more often because it is cheaper and you can walk to the parks if you stay on property.

Surferboy567

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is better then the Great Movie Ride.

(this is all based on a video though, I haven’t experienced the ride in person yet)

PS: Please don’t throw pitchforks.

EDIT: I don’t think it’s actually ok to compare these two rides because they are so vastly different but if given the choice...I’d ride the Runaway Railway.

Skibum1970

Kind of hard to pull off #4 when you don't do #s 1 and 3. Just sayin'. :) I'd imagine that if you add more rides, it would feel less like you were transported to an alien planet or galaxy because it's not like another planet would have more rides. You have to suspend reality a bit in order to immerse yourself and feel "transported". When riding Pirates, do you really feel like you've been transported hundreds of years earlier and to the Caribbean? On Rock N Rollercoaster, do you feel like you're in a limo on the way to a concert, and are you horribly disappointed when you get to the concert, and you just walk out into a theme park? Of all things Disney might not be doing well lately, I feel like immersion isn't high on the list.

My unpopular opinion is that I feel like we've done these "unpopular opinion" threads to death. 😁🤪

Another really unpopular opinion... I feel like we (including me) Disney fans are a tad nitpicky sometimes.

Completely agree that we are too nitpicky. I even acknowledge that my unpopular opinion is slanted towards what I would prefer, which is more of a focus on rides. With this said, I still really enjoy myself at WDW. I'm not there inwardly griping while I am there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom