Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Club level is worth the premium...no crowds, beer and wine, great views.

I’ll do club level before I ever do DDP.

Yes! After staying and paying for the premium fast passes, I won’t stay any other way. Plus the concierge desk cast Members at the Yacht Club were amazing!

Getachew

I agree 100% I love Disney World but I also love Universal. Universal might win me over more often because it is cheaper and you can walk to the parks if you stay on property.

Islands of Adventure is the only good park at Universal now. Universal Studios itself has became absolutely lame with all of it's "screen rides" everywhere. Diagon Alley is literally the only reason worth going now, IMO.

UNCgolf

Pandora is an absolute waste of money and space. I appreciate flights of passage and have grown to like the boat ride but the space is horribly used. There is so much more they could have done with that entire area. And at night its even worse the black lights make me faint.

I think Galaxy's Edge is an even bigger waste of space than Pandora. There's definitely more to do than there is in Pandora (more food, more shops, etc.) but there's also a lot of relatively empty, nondescript space. At least Pandora has more interesting stuff to look at.

I'm not saying Galaxy's Edge is bad, by the way. I just think it has a lot of wasted space.

Last edited:

DisneyNittany

Islands of Adventure is the only good park at Universal now. Universal Studios itself has became absolutely lame with all of it's "screen rides" everywhere. Diagon Alley is literally the only reason worth going now, IMO.

I have a feeling that they're going to extend the London area and turn the Fear Factor area into the Ministry of Magic.

PiratesMansion

1. Finding Nemo: The Musical is a terrible show, and none of the songs improve the story at all.
2. Frozen at DCA is a worthy replacement for Aladdin at DCA, which was long in the tooth and needed to be put out to pasture.
3. Animal Kingdom is the best WDW park.
4. Via Napoli is incredibly overrated.
5. Peter Pan's Flight is charming, sure, but impossibly overrated.
6. The idea and concept of HarmoniUS makes me cringe.
7. I wouldn't care if I never rode SDMT ever again.
8. Part of being a good Disney theme park fan is making an effort to visit other Disney theme parks besides your primary Disney theme park resort, assuming you have the means. For the purpose of this board/discussion, "having the means" is broadly defined by me as: IF you visit WDW at least once a year, doing so does not cause you financial difficulties, you do not have family or friends in the Orlando area that hook you up with cheap tickets or lodging, and you typically fly to WDW, you have no good reason to not go to the other parks.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
1. Single IP lands will date themselves extremely fast (Cars, Star Wars, and Toy Story won't be hot forever. Simple logic)
2. Toontown Fair was nicer than Storybook Circus (SBC makes me feel like I'm being squashed between Barnstormer and the Train)
3. Everything in Future World save for SSE, Test Track and Mission Space feel ready for the wrecking ball
4. Country Bears/ Tiki Birds need a whole new set of animatronics
5. Peter Pan, Small World and Mermaid are extremely overrated
6. Everest is the best constructed attraction in terms of immersion (fight me, Pandora)
7. Meet and Greets should not require a FastPass
8. Splash Mountain is the best attraction when talking about integrating Disney IP into an attraction
9. Nemo in general needs to be retired from both AK and EPCOT

Tjaden

1.) Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is the best rollercoaster in the county.
2.) Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is beautiful from the outside, but isn't a fun ride.
3.) Revenge Of The Mummy: The Ride is a top 10 attraction in Orlando
4.) It's A Small World isn't annoying no matter how far your boat is backed up at the exit
5.) I'd be fine never stepping foot in Pandora again.
6.) I'd rather not go to WDW than stay off site
7.) I'd rather not go to WDW than stay at the All-Star resorts (pre-refurb rooms)
8.) Innoventions was a waste of space (and I was a CM there)
9.) Living With the Land is more enjoyable than Soarin
10.) Impressions de France doesn't need an update
11.) Visiting WDW once every 4 or so years is plenty for me

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management was a fantastic replacement.
I liked Stitch's Great Escape.
Carousel of Progress needs to move to a museum.
I loathe the films in Epcot and think they're boring.
The new direction of Epcot and HS are not bad.
IP in parks like Epcot are not bad.
Frozen Sing-Along show is extremely well done and very entertaining.
Voyage of the Little mermaid is fun and enjoyable.
I absolutely hate anything that is Star Wars related.
I'm glad they were able to shove Star Wars into a corner of one theme park.
Dinosaur is the best thrill attraction at WDW.
Primeval Whirl is a good fun ride.
Festival of the Lion King should not be compared to Broadway. It's just cirque du soleil Lion King edition.
The new Test Track is annoying to wait in line for, and it sucks.
Little Mermaid ride is very good and enjoyable and not a disappointment.
Fastpass+ doesn't suck if you know how to use it correctly, boomers.
Fantasmic is a better way to end the day than the fireworks at HS.
Country Bear Jamboree is the most enjoyable AA show.
We need more AA shows.
Food Rocks was better than Soarin' AND Kitchen Kabaret.
Disney hotels are ridiculously priced all the way down to the "value" resorts.
McDonalds taste much better than most of the resort's food.
Rainforest Cafe is the best place to eat at AK (mmmmmm volcano cake...)
The Simpsons should move into DHS if they can.
Mission: Space is the worst ride in the entire resort.
Star Tours needs to bite the dust now that the land is finished (expand it into a muppets lab)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular should never leave DHS, it should just get rid of the "studio bits."

Pepper's Ghost

Completely agree that we are too nitpicky. I even acknowledge that my unpopular opinion is slanted towards what I would prefer, which is more of a focus on rides. With this said, I still really enjoy myself at WDW. I'm not there inwardly griping while I am there.
This comment sincerely tells me that you're a person of HIGH integrity! Agree or not, I completely respect this. 😁

Totally agree with this idea. I'm really terribly disappointed by the direction of heavy focus on projected screen rides. When done tastefully and seldomly, projections can be a very striking effect. It's great for depth in a scene. I watched the Shanghai Pirates ride on Youtube and it was pretty incredible, although still a bit overdone. Some parts of it were really effective, but other parts not so much. In any case that was the most effective use I've seen. M&MRR while I've not seen it in person (again, only on video ride-through) seems too forced. I'm hoping I like it better in person, at which time I'll eat my words.

If I somehow never stepped foot into Fantasyland during a trip, I wouldn’t care.
For me, this has been true for 20 years. I really don't enjoy it, but I don't have kids, so I have that luxury. I'd be pretty selfish to skip it if I had small children. 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom