What's Still On and What's Now Off

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Additionally per the governors of both NY and NJ (hardest hit areas in the US) the rate of hospitalizations is slowing. Capacity that was thought to be needed, is not being used. Yes things aren't great, but the system for the most part is coping and looks like it will make it over the hump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravenclaw78

Just for fun, I checked out some of the price increases quoted by the DFB against the menus on the WDW site. The ones I looked at seem correct. Looks like whoever broke the news first got it right.
It's not that the prices being reported are wrong. It's that they are not new and/or are not as extreme as is being reported. Most of the alleged changes seem to have happened in 2019 or earlier. Some blogger freelancing for The Site That Shall Not Be Named compared prices to a list from 2016 and declared that they'd increased.

Clamman73

I wonder if Moana is canceled what would be put in it's spot for a replacement?
It’s basically an old Polynesian lobby waterfall with some Imagination jumping fountains...and that’s all it really has to be.
FC5DE98E-F0B0-4A74-960C-E3052BC99AD8.jpeg

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Just a note this is the same analyst who previously bet against Apple and Netflix, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

The real rescueranger

Update:

August is now the company's internal target for reopening the domestic parks. Planning is underway for a televised, Disney + fireworks show for Independence Day, but would be without any significant physical audience, would involve closed roads, and would need permission from Florida. Epcot is still not planned to reopen with the rest of the parks and would lag by perhaps a month or so. Mandatory temperature checks would occur at each gate and resort entrance. Unlikely at this time that all resorts may open simultaneously - a plan internally titled Secure Circuit would see only MK resorts open with monorail service to MK and bus service to AK / DHS. This is the highest level health screening plan to attempt reopening with Florida and US government assistance. It would be temporary but could get things opened once more. No plans to reopen the water parks this summer. Temporarily expect to see directional arrows on the ground to direct foot traffic so that social distancing is easier. Dining modifications are still underway in the planning stage with tiered systems for gradually returning to normal when possible. Expect domestic parks to operate as regional entities rather than international destinations for the next year or so.
Yeah, I am calling BS. All the codewords and exact dates aren’t worth the bandwidth you posted them with. At least now, I know another poster I can ignore.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

Just a note this is the same analyst who previously bet against Apple and Netflix, so take it with a grain of sand.
Yes, analysts are given too much clout IMO. I believe another wells fargo analyst, back in 2009, said that Home Depot wouldn't be able to make it out of the recession uncathed. It's stock plummeted to $18 a share, it was at $243 a share prior to Covid.

The Grand Inquisitor

Just a note this is the same analyst who previously bet against Apple and Netflix, so take it with a grain of sand.
If true that is nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom