Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-131819~2.png
    Screenshot_20200405-131819~2.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 85

zengoth

yet one more example of people not listening to the orders in place. This is a seafood market in D.C. yesterday. The entire DMV (DC/MD/VA) has had stay at home orders in place since Monday, March 30th.
View attachment 461216

the market was shutdown overnight. The market had a covid safety plan in place, but were overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up. Now they have to create another one before they can reopen.
This is why limiting the number of people in any store/Walmart/Target or Disney for that matter has its limitations. Standing outside in a line waiting to get in - if there's more people than there is room, people won't necessarily self-regulate. We may come to point where we might have to start making "appointments" to visit the grocer. :confused: :(

DisneyDebRob

yet one more example of people not listening to the orders in place. This is a seafood market in D.C. yesterday. The entire DMV (DC/MD/VA) has had stay at home orders in place since Monday, March 30th.
View attachment 461216

the market was shutdown overnight. The market had a covid safety plan in place, but were overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up. Now they have to create another one before they can reopen.
I spot 2 masks in that whole group. Fine them and shut them down.

DisneyCane

View attachment 461216

And people disagree when I say that WDW would be packed if the parks opened tomorrow!

Lilofan

This is why limiting the number of people in any store/Walmart/Target or Disney for that matter has its limitations. Standing outside in a line waiting to get in - if there's more people than there is room, people won't necessarily self-regulate. We may come to point where we might have to start making "appointments" to visit the grocer. :confused: :(
For what it is worth, less visits to the supermarket, less options of fast food which actually fast food is slowly killing our nation, could possibly signal less food consumption in one of the most obese countries in earth, ours.

Angel Ariel

She noticed a lot of the people angry at others and judging why people are out and about are going to be often the same ones who refuse the flu vaccine every year.
I’ve actually seen the exact opposite. Those who’ve been the most vocal about staying home and not going out and expressing frustration at others who are continuing to do so have precisely been those who DO get their vaccines. They are the ones that are vocally against the anti-vax movement.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Political Discussion is not allowed outside of the correct forum
I beg to differ. Data through yesterday
Florida was so late to lift a finger that it’s a hell of an assumption to make...at this time.
And people disagree when I say that WDW would be packed if the parks opened tomorrow!
Well...if wdw has a “stupids only” policy in place...then yes...maybe

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Big difference is that’s all that is open right now. People are bored out of their minds. When things eventually open back up WDW won’t be the only option. There will be beaches and local parks and movie theaters and other options. Some will go to WDW and some won’t. IMHO it won’t be packed.

John park hopper

Y2K is a perfect example of a crisis that was properly dealt with before it happened.

All crisis should be handled as well.
We knew Y2K was coming simple it was a function of time marches on. A new highly infective human virus can occur at any time, you basically have little or no time to plan for it. We Americans have this instant gratification complex. Instant cure instant plan of action it just doesn't happen that way when you are dealing with a unknown virus. Unfortunately it takes time people just don't seem to understand that

natatomic

And the best part was your grandparents didn't tirelessly lecture and nag everyone about being "green", they just actually were.

How about you Millenials wash cloth diapers and let me keep my straw - deal?
Hey, I’ve happily cloth diapered two kiddos (and I will continue to do so with any future children!) AND I want a plastic straw, too. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom