Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

We have had similar issues up here, not boating... but people going to our lovely sea walls and hiking trails.

The issue is, one person sees a small group doing it... so they bring their small group. And then the next does.. and the next. And before you know it too many people are out doing that, thinking it’s fine as someone else was.

So now they are closing hiking spots here.

People have taken to cycling and walking in big cemeteries as they are quiet, and now more people are... so now they are having to put signs up about distancing.

It’s sad, it sucks. But if we all just stay home for a while, and stop thinking it’s just me or my small group, as it just creates a perception that leads to encouraging others to do the same.

My governor has been encouraging people to go to parks, hike, fish, bike etc. He is not saying to stay literally confined in your home.
I thought this is what the majority of the states were doing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney never asked us if we want to have them reduced or to keep paying the people who actually work for us and are paid by us. This is not money Disney should be allowed to cut because it is not their money. I do not want a refund, I want the housekeeping employees, landscapers, engineering and others to keep their jobs. Disney is wrong here. It is just wrong this is happening.

Do you as an owner have a say over who the management company is or who runs it? Don't think so...

jrhwdw

We know know this ends and gets to recovery side. People stay home. Unfortunately we have 12 states still that refuse to shut stuff down and we have open borders between states. We have many others that shut down so late. The 100k number being touted at this point ASSUMES all states are on safer at home orders by EOD today, no one is doing things with neighbors, play dates, etc breaking the rules AND this behavior continues until June. None of those things are true - which only prolongs the entire thing, keeping more people out of work longer AND increases our potential death toll numbers. We are doubling our death rate every 3-4 days. That is A LOT of people in 30 days. Pray this social distancing works.

This could have been different - We missed the window for testing...and still don't have proper testing. We made the wrong bet as a nation.

FWIW - I bet there will be NFL cancellations for sure.

It all sucks, and that feeling of anger, exhaustion and overwhelm - its grief.

You're right about that.......

Josh Hendy

In a hospital in Quebec, a couple of asymptomatic carriers infected 5 doctors and 35 patients.

What's the response? Start screening people coming to the hospital for symptoms. Ok ... but let's not test anyone to see if they're asymptomatic carriers!
... everyone entering the hospital is now being screened for symptoms and that there are two sources for the outbreak: a doctor who was asymptomatic and performed rounds on several floors and a second source that has yet to be pinpointed ... “Of course we're testing more and more but we are not testing asymptomatic people and the test is not reliable for asymptomatic people right now,” she said.
If they're not testing hospital workers every day and working like h### to improve test reliability, that is "spring break stupid". They probably wear their baseball caps backwards and say "dude" a lot.

21stamps

In a hospital in Quebec, a couple of asymptomatic carriers infected 5 doctors and 35 patients.

What's the response? Start screening people coming to the hospital for symptoms. Ok ... but let's not test anyone to see if they're asymptomatic carriers!

If they're not testing hospital workers every day and working like h### to improve test reliability, that is "spring break stupid". They probably wear their baseball caps backwards and say "dude" a lot.

Hospitals are not testing all workers. My sister and bro in law are still seeing patients and going to the hospital every other day, opposite days now due to child care issues... they’ve had a few employees test positive, but information on who they are is not allowed to be given out.
Neither one of them has been tested, they even asked their primary care physician for tests given that I had pneumonia and then my son got sick with flu like symptoms nearly 2 weeks later, at that time our kids had been around each other since the schools were closed.. Yet still neither her or her husband could get tested.

ImperfectPixie

Hospitals are not testing all workers. My sister and bro in law are still seeing patients and going to the hospital every other day, opposite days now due to child care issues... they’ve had a few employees test positive, but information on who they are is not allowed to be given out.
Neither one of them has been tested, they even asked their primary care physician for tests given that I had pneumonia and then my son got sick with flu like symptoms nearly 2 weeks later, at that time our kids had been around each other since the schools were closed.. Yet still neither her or her husband could get tested.
I wish they'd talk more about how test production is going and testing availability (when we can expect testing guidelines to loosen), and that we'd see changes to testing priorities as more become available. Our governor said MA is #3 as far as quantity tested goes for the states, but I'm not sure I believe that...and I really like Gov. Baker.

21stamps

I wish they'd talk more about how test production is going and testing availability (when we can expect testing guidelines to loosen), and that we'd see changes to testing priorities as more become available. Our governor said MA is #3 as far as quantity tested goes for the states, but I'm not sure I believe that...and I really like Gov. Baker.

We get daily updates on that info.. they basically say “testing is still reserved for strict guidelines”.

It's the rule-breakers that are making it necessary.

Then handle the rule breakers, not all of society. It’s unrealistic, and it’s not healthy.

21stamps

Depending on the bank, this isn't always a good situation - many will allow you to defer 3 months of payments, and when the 4th month arrives, 4 months of payments are due, so be sure to read everything before signing anything.

I tried to explain this yesterday. Good luck.

TrainsOfDisney

Imo that’s completely unrealistic and begging for people to break the rules. Fresh air is mandatory, not everyone lives in suburbia... adults and children need exercise and need to be outside.

Exactly. Even when the parks were crowded I’ve never been within 6 feet of people on hiking trails in a state or national park. I can’t imagine walking a hiking trail has a major risk.

Yes we want to be careful, but we shouldn’t be expected to remain in solitary confinement for a month... that’s not healthy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom