Status
Not open for further replies.

21stamps

The official site here -

Or click here for the dashboard -

I think this part is pertinent info as well-

55CA8ED6-AE7F-4BF2-B547-485DA7E2C386.jpeg

Club Cooloholic

That’s great news! Was she in close quarters with her coworker? These are the stories I want to hear, someone testing positive and then the results of the people around them.
This is the best sort of data that we can have.
Company did not let them know specific person, just department so in meetings with, maybe next desk over maybe not, and the week before our whole family was dealing with illnesses. Company was concerned enough to provide letters saying there was exposure. I'm both glad she was clear, but at the same time we had made it through most of this week symptom free so if it had been positive I was thinking we got through it and while we would quarantine and all we would at least make it through relatively unscathed....now we are just as susceptible as anyone else I guess.
But you are right, if we can get more testing maybe we can develop patterns in why some people get it and some don't. But that requires testing to provide data.

21stamps

I think my parent poll is interesting results so far..
4 responders will keep children in total isolation.
5 responders will allow around close friends if both families are healthy.
1 is neighbor only.

Please respond IF you are a parent of a school aged child. I wonder if it’s going to be split nearly 50/50 in society at large.

Poll is anonymous, btw.

21stamps

Company did not let them know specific person, just department so in meetings with, maybe next desk over maybe not, and the week before our whole family was dealing with illnesses. Company was concerned enough to provide letters saying there was exposure. I'm both glad she was clear, but at the same time we had made it through most of this week symptom free so if it had been positive I was thinking we got through it and while we would quarantine and all we would at least make it through relatively unscathed....now we are just as susceptible as anyone else I guess.
But you are right, if we can get more testing maybe we can develop patterns in why some people get it and some don't. But that requires testing to provide data.

It’s so frustrating because if we had enough tests, these situations could provide the exact type of data that we need, as far as determine how contagious it is and at what point.
At least she got tested though. Your wife is the first non-celebrity, non-politician, non-healthcare worker who I’ve heard has had a test.. that’s promising at least.

JoeCamel

Probably afraid of violating HIPAA laws.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

It’s so frustrating because if we had enough tests, these situations could provide the exact type of data that we need, as far as determine how contagious it is and at what point.
At least she got tested though. Your wife is the first non-celebrity, non-politician, non-healthcare worker who I’ve heard has had a test.. that’s promising at least.
And it was through our local doctor(they are actually a group with several offices) was done in their parking lot, with the doc in full gear, he was giving dozens that day.
I will say this, prior to this I was like, let's set up play dates later this week and maybe visit my mom, but the idea we could all be carrying it really hammered home with me how you need to be serious about distancing, and maybe that is the mentality you have to have, not who am I going to get it from, but what if I were to give it to another? Changes the behaviour really fast.

durangojim

I don't know if it will make you feel better or worse... but one of the reports from China stated that some people with the virus would also experience digestive issue like diaherra... but more to the punchline, those that experienced the digestive issues were more likely than others to require more intensive medical treatment. SO if you didn't really need to have all the TP you could fit in your cart your in a lower risk group than people that actually had a use for it. At any rate, start counting down the days you've had it, if you make it past 8 days you should be on the road to recovery and not have to worry about heading to the hospital.
Unfortunately my wife and son have both had the gi issues. We’ll see how it goes.

Kamikaze

Anecdote: I know someone who was in direct close contact (gave a tour) to someone who tested positive. Other person can't get tested as they are showing no symptoms, but its been 15 days now with nothing and no symptoms on person's family either.

Part of the thought is that basically everyone who comes in contact with it gets it, but a vast majority get it so mildly that it doesn't effect them at all or show any symptoms. Some of the estimates were that 70% of the population would get it.

21stamps

And it was through our local doctor(they are actually a group with several offices) was done in their parking lot, with the doc in full gear, he was giving dozens that day.
I will say this, prior to this I was like, let's set up play dates later this week and maybe visit my mom, but the idea we could all be carrying it really hammered home with me how you need to be serious about distancing, and maybe that is the mentality you have to have, not who am I going to get it from, but what if I were to give it to another? Changes the behaviour really fast.

This is why I’m so curious about how a large amount of people will handle their kids. My neighborhood is pretty much split. Half allowing kids to play, as in riding bikes or scooters with strict rules to not touch each other..Yesterday, as it was the first nice day...the other half not allowing their kids around any other kids at all.

Interestingly, the families who aren’t allowing it (in my neighborhood) are the ones who have 2-4 kids, relatively close in age. The ones who are allowing it either have an only child, or children with much older college aged siblings.

VaderTron

These kids are bored and craves attention. It's not just the toilet bowl. The challenge is to lick surfaces like door knobs etc.

Unfortunately, as much as we need these morons to get an advanced case and see themselves out of the gene pool, nothing that fortunate will happen. I, on the other hand, might happen to touch a contaminated surface and moments later have a bug fly in my mouth. In the attempt to cough the bug out I will touch the edge of my mouth and then get a deadly case 10 days later. Murphy's law and all that...

Kamikaze

So regarding the bus fleet parked at TTC... where do they usually park the majority of the fleet when they aren't in use?

Do they park them at TTC for hurricane shut downs as well?

wishiwere@wdw

This is why I’m so curious about how a large amount of people will handle their kids. My neighborhood is pretty much split. Half allowing kids to play, as in riding bikes or scooters with strict rules to not touch each other..Yesterday, as it was the first nice day...the other half not allowing their kids around any other kids at all.

Interestingly, the families who aren’t allowing it (in my neighborhood) are the ones who have 2-4 kids, relatively close in age. The ones who are allowing it either have an only child, or children with much older college aged siblings.
On the fence with this as well. My older 2 really don’t human interact anyway lol. But they are still in the home. My younger 2 are 9 and 12 and want to go out riding bikes etc. We are allowing it but with strict rules. As in, don’t go back to your friends house after to hang out like you used to and don’t be anywhere near each other. But I think we’re about to squash that as well. It’s partly social responsibility and party out of legit concern. Just wish our leadership would make it easier to make these choices by making it blunt.

21stamps

On the fence with this as well. My older 2 really don’t human interact anyway lol. But they are still in the home. My younger 2 are 9 and 12 and want to go out riding bikes etc. We are allowing it but with strict rules. As in, don’t go back to your friends house after to hang out like you used to and don’t be anywhere near each other. But I think we’re about to squash that as well. It’s partly social responsibility and party out of legit concern. Just wish our leadership would make it easier to make these choices by making it blunt.

That’s pretty much how yesterday was.. Yes, you can go ride your bike or scooter, but no congregating, no going back to hang out at someone’s house.

My child is still hanging out with our next door neighbor. They practiced soccer yesterday,, with their own balls and cones for drills, no 1v1s. They play PIG or Around the World at the b-ball court and do jump on the trampoline.. but the other neighborhood kids are not allowed to come join in like they used to, I don’t think a big crowd is good.

ImperfectPixie

So regarding the bus fleet parked at TTC... where do they usually park the majority of the fleet when they aren't in use?

Do they park them at TTC for hurricane shut downs as well?
I seem to remember them parked at the TTC during a hurricane recently...but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom