Finger Print Readers Suspended??

Disstevefan1

Why not switch to something similar to Apple's Face ID?
Hey Bobby, Facial recognition is a touchy subject, some folks think its big brother collecting faces to use against us later. I know you would never spend the money, but what about retina scan? Although it seems like overkill for admittance to a Disney park.

RSoxNo1

Hey Bobby, Facial recognition is a touchy subject, some folks think its big brother collecting faces to use against us later. I know you would never spend the money, but what about retina scan? Although it seems like overkill for admittance to a Disney park.
Why not have a photo attached to the passes like they do in California?

JIMINYCR

So just thinking about our upcoming trip... this wouldnt help with the touch pads but what about wearing rubber gloves when on rides or in queues. That would offer protection against picking up possible virus contaminants on lap bars, queue rails left behind by others. Then change out those gloves periodically.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So just thinking about our upcoming trip... this wouldnt help with the touch pads but what about wearing rubber gloves when on rides or in queues. That would offer protection against picking up possible virus contaminants on lap bars, queue rails left behind by others. Then change out those gloves periodically.
Until you touch your face wearing the rubber gloves...

Nottamus

Not sure if this has been covered yet....but I (we probably all have) been to a park when super busy and they don't scan finger.
If they put it on hold, it would be OK with me...but if not, also OK.

We always carry a small hand sanitizer to use right after scanning.

Pepper's Ghost

If your that worried about the finger scanners you have no business visiting the park.

I'm not, but what you're saying is germophobes aren't allowed, or shouldn't visit WDW? Why do you care? Let them sanatize their hands all they want. I do regularly, but not anywhere near what many others do. I'm just cognizant of germs and adjust appropriately like not touching my face often. Not sure why you think germophobes shouldn't attend the parks. If they don't want to, they won't.

JustAFan

I used my magic band to get into Hollywood Studios this morning and did not have to scan my finger. I've also used many hand sanitizer stations around the parks the past few days. It's the foaming kind. Nice.

esskay

I used my magic band to get into Hollywood Studios this morning and did not have to scan my finger. I've also used many hand sanitizer stations around the parks the past few days. It's the foaming kind. Nice.
Understandable given that HS is the busiest park right now. Nothing to do with Covid-19 though - as has been pointed out this isn't uncommon.

Zé_Carioca

Went on Sunday (yesterday) and still required fingerprints, did not see CMs wiping the reader clean after each guest. However, there are now hand sanitizing stations right after the turnstiles.

JIMINYCR

Until you touch your face wearing the rubber gloves...
Well thats the point... you dont touch your face. Everyone is being precautioned against face touching. Wearing gloves on rides and in queues at least helps avoid touching a surface that hasnt been sanitized from a prior guests touch.
All our stores are sold of of Purell hand sanitizer and any other brand, online sites are sold out as well, so unless we can get some by the time we go we will have to do without.

JustAFan

And then I did scan on my return this afternoon.

MickeyLuv'r

Yeah how long did that last? I never heard much about that after it was announced.

I think the idea is that forcing all guests to touch something at the entrance could seem questionable with the virus. Nobody is forcing you to touch a lap bar, hand-rail, etc.

Huh? What rides are your riding?

I've always been asked to pull the yellow tab on rides that have them, and I've always been required to fasten my seatbelt on rides like TT and Soarin'.

I suppose we aren't forced to go on those rides, or maybe wear gloves, but not using the seatbelts isn't an option.

TrainsOfDisney

I suppose we aren't forced to go on those rides, or maybe wear gloves, but not using the seatbelts isn't an option.

Yeah that was my point. It’s also at the entrance so I could see health officials seeing the touch points first thing and saying “no you shouldn’t do that”

It’s not a thing apparently, but at the time this was reported I could see it happening.

Disstevefan1

Well thats the point... you dont touch your face. Everyone is being precautioned against face touching. Wearing gloves on rides and in queues at least helps avoid touching a surface that hasnt been sanitized from a prior guests touch.
All our stores are sold of of Purell hand sanitizer and any other brand, online sites are sold out as well, so unless we can get some by the time we go we will have to do without.

While thinking about all the times I touch my face... I touched my face! FAIL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom