Finger Print Readers Suspended??

Tom P.

You're assuming we don't regularly clean our cell phones. I do, but don't think a CM would allow me to wipe clean the fingerprint reader. šŸ˜Š

Then there's the classic pull-door exit with only hand driers in the restroom... that's a conundrum that's often tough to solve. Sometimes I'm trapped for minutes waiting for someone else to touch that disgusting door handle. Lol. J/k, btw.
Listen, I would be in favor of a constitutional amendment mandating that all public restroom doors have the handle on the outside and be push doors from the inside. I *hate* ones that have the handle on the inside.

PaisleyMF

Highly doubtful they'll use an Apple system. They are not on very good terms and the global penetration of Apple is less than most other operating systems.

At Disney, every cast member that uses a phone is issued an iPhone, all the cast members that deal with entrance, FastPass+, Guest Relations and other similar areas use iPhones and iPads. Those just have extra attachments on them

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
they already use facial recognition on property with security cameras.

I know re-sale is a problem but I think Disney goes a little over board with the finger-scanning and taking every guests photo in California. Itā€™s like the rfd chips in the cups and mugs. I get it... people were cheating you. But in the end you make yourselves look really greedy.

Youā€™d still have to do biometrics or photos with the APā€™s of course like theyā€™ve always done.
If they'd surgically implant the AP RFID chips in the owner's hands, sharing would not be an issue.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, at least the title's correct -- every fingerprint reader IS suspended... about four feet off the ground on a pole with a magicband reader.
1583757054667.png

seascape

You're assuming we don't regularly clean our cell phones. I do, but don't think a CM would allow me to wipe clean the fingerprint reader. šŸ˜Š

Then there's the classic pull-door exit with only hand driers in the restroom... that's a conundrum that's often tough to solve. Sometimes I'm trapped for minutes waiting for someone else to touch that disgusting door handle. Lol. J/k, btw.
I never touch the bathroom door when leaving. I use one of the paper towels to open it. In bsthrooms that don't have paper towels, I use tissue that I always have. Now, on the finger scanner, if Disney won't let me wipe it down first, I will demand they let me in without scanning. I am a DVC and Platinum Plus Passholder, Disney should switch to photo matching and get away from anything that can cause the spread of illness.

Pepper's Ghost

So.... TL;DR Normal operation right?

Not fair... you can't use acronyms that aren't on the Big List. I assume DR is Disney Resorts, but that doesn't make sense in your statement as far as I can read it. (Really wish people would spell out more words.)

Yup, another thread that should just be locked for irrelevance.

No need to read the thread if you're not interested in it, or find it irrelevant. Most people don't read every thread because they're not interested in every subject. That's usually how these boards work.

Tom P.

Not fair... you can't use acronyms that aren't on the Big List. I assume DR is Disney Resorts, but that doesn't make sense in your statement as far as I can read it. (Really wish people would spell out more words.)
"TL;DR" is Internet slang for "too long; didn't read." It indicates that what comes next is a very brief summary of a longer piece of text for those who won't read the whole thing.

Pepper's Ghost

I never touch the bathroom door when leaving. I use one of the paper towels to open it. In bsthrooms that don't have paper towels, I use tissue that I always have. Now, on the finger scanner, if Disney won't let me wipe it down first, I will demand they let me in without scanning. I am a DVC and Platinum Plus Passholder, Disney should switch to photo matching and get away from anything that can cause the spread of illness.

You had me all the way until you got to photo matching. :) I'm a straight-laced guy. I don't break the law (other than mild speeding, and the inadvertent red-light if I badly time the yellow), but I hate the idea of facial recognition and big brother knowing where you are every second of every day. Same thing with the tollway EZPass systems. They're another way of tracking your every move. My computer tells somebody everything I buy (or even look at) online. It's getting ridiculous. Now they scan my face. Well, what if I look like someone who is wanted in 12 states? Sure, eventually after being detained, fingerprinted, DNA testing, body-cavity searched... they'll realize they have the wrong guy, but I'm pretty sure that would ruin my vacation day, possibly my entire trip.

I'm sure an expert will say that facial recognition doesn't work like that. That it finds the placement of major facial features, or something like that, but then I'd say that millions of people have similar placement of facial features. This is technology gone berserk and a tremendous invasion of privacy.

Long story short (too late)... no more facial recognition please.

Pepper's Ghost

"TL;DR" is Internet slang for "too long; didn't read." It indicates that what comes next is a very brief summary of a longer piece of text for those who won't read the whole thing.

Ahhh, I thought, Typhoon Lagoon/Disney Resorts which made no sense. Thanks Tom. Again, I implore... please take a few seconds more to type things out.

But that makes the comment even more arrogant. Didn't read it, fine. I'm okay with someone commenting without having read it, but to not read any of it and say it's irrelevant... take a step back buddy. You aren't the god of what matters and what doesn't in this world.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
... but I hate the idea of facial recognition and big brother knowing where you are every second of every day.
Do you carry a smart phone with you all day? Big Brother knows where you are if you do.

Ahhh, I thought, Typhoon Lagoon/Disney Resorts which made no sense. Thanks Tom. Again, I implore... please take a few seconds more to type things out.

But that makes the comment even more arrogant. Didn't read it, fine. I'm okay with someone commenting without having read it, but to not read any of it and say it's irrelevant... take a step back buddy. You aren't the god of what matters and what doesn't in this world.
On the internet, everybody is an expert, a god, or a star. Sometimes, all three.

Pepper's Ghost

Do you carry a smart phone with you all day? Big Brother knows where you are if you do.

On the internet, everybody is an expert, a god, or a star. Sometimes, all three.

So true! Lol.

And yep, I carry a smart phone, and I completely agree. I hate it. I turn off GPS whenever I'm not using it for traffic, but you're completely right. I know they can triangulate my phone to connecting towers to know approximately where I am all the time.

We may as well just microchip every baby going forward and be done with it. The future of Minority Report is obviously here already. Why not just plunge right in... baby is born, finger in the mouth to clear airway, slap on the behind, 10 fingers, 10 toes, *BLAM!!* micro-chipping gun to the back of the hand. :eek: šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom