News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Saw the show in person last night for the first and hopefully last time.

Pyro was underwhelming at best. Is that all they got?

Effects (most of the kites) that were not working was a major embarrassment.

Audience had noticeable cheers for the classic music of Epcot.

Audience had noticeable boos and jeers for the whole new world medley. (And deservingly so)

Overall they would have been better off just not having anything in the interim.

WDW862

meme.png

TrainsOfDisney

Overall they would have been better off just not having anything in the interim.

I wouldn’t go that far. The show has some nice moments. The heart of the show is there, it just doesn’t have the fire power to back it up. It seems odd they went that cheap on pyro for this show.

Extra money for pyro and paying to have Figment host the show would have made this a winner.

trainplane3

Saw the show in person last night for the first and hopefully last time.

Pyro was underwhelming at best. Is that all they got?

Effects (most of the kites) that were not working was a major embarrassment.

Audience had noticeable cheers for the classic music of Epcot.

Audience had noticeable boos and jeers for the whole new world medley. (And deservingly so)

I'm 100% on board with the audience reactions. First time seeing the complete thing since the debut show and was pretty surprised to hear the groans over Whole New World. Kite reactions are super positive. Not sure about doing nothing would be better though.

Kites are by far the best part just too bad about their sporadic condition:

They're the only thing I actually want pictures and video of.

ilovetotravel1977

Harmonius question - what time will this show start? EF is currently 9pm?

When we visit in December, we are planning on seeing the Candlelight Processional at 8:15pm and hoping it won't start until 9:30.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Harmonius question - what time will this show start? EF is currently 9pm?

When we visit in December, we are planning on seeing the Candlelight Processional at 8:15pm and hoping it won't start until 9:30.
Of course, they could always deviate from what they’ve done in the past, but historically during Festival of the Holidays, fireworks have been at 9:30

Indeed.

Also, it would be impossible to hear the Candelight Procession while the fireworks are going off. The fireworks is always after the last CP show.

Notes from Neverland

Brutal showing for Epcot Forever tonight. Not a single kite lit up during either segment of the show. Thankfully, the fireworks still went off on the kites, but other than that it was jet skis flying around what looked like ghosts. We heard lots of confused guests around us trying to figure out what they were supposed to be seeing. Very sad to see that fun element completely fail.

Last edited:
Brutal showing for Epcot Forever tonight. Not a single kite lit up during either segment of the show. Thankfully, the fireworks still went off on the kites, but other than that it was jet skis flying around what looked like ghosts. We heard lots of confused guests around us trying to figure out what they were supposed to be seeing. Very sad to see that fun element completely fail.

I had a friend post an IG story that said "They hit a new low". Shame.

Anyhow, on a lighter note I got to film it when most everything was working. Sadly, it was during the "cut pyro" mode where half of the big shells launch.

Filming it twice you get to see the real pros and cons of the show. In person it is better than the video. Well that goes for about anything. Everything definitely come out bigger and more immersive. However, if you stand in China or in the France-UK bridge like I did, you get cheated as the WWIII barges are in the same plane and two fireworks appear to be one large firework, ruining the spatial element for some effects. Anyhow, enjoy.

wdwtopten

That sounds horrible. I feel bad for the guests who might only see the show once and they had to see that mess.

I had a friend post an IG story that said "They hit a new low". Shame.

Anyhow, on a lighter note I got to film it when most everything was working. Sadly, it was during the "cut pyro" mode where half of the big shells launch.

Filming it twice you get to see the real pros and cons of the show. In person it is better than the video. Well that goes for about anything. Everything definitely come out bigger and more immersive. However, if you stand in China or in the France-UK bridge like I did, you get cheated as the WWIII barges are in the same plane and two fireworks appear to be one large firework, ruining the spatial element for some effects. Anyhow, enjoy.

Are there videos you can recommend that show the "full pyro" version and the "cut pyro version?"

I've seen the show 2 times and I have no idea which version I've seen...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I read people say, “It’s better in person”. It’s not. Fireworks are decent, and the kites are kind of cool. That’s about the best comment you’ll get from me.

It is not good, at all. It was apparently made by someone with ADD, because not much lasts longer than 20 seconds before changing. The music evokes zero nostalgia. We all know about the last song.

TTA94

I read people say, “It’s better in person”. It’s not. Fireworks are decent, and the kites are kind of cool. That’s about the best comment you’ll get from me.

It is not good, at all. It was apparently made by someone with ADD, because not much lasts longer than 20 seconds before changing. The music evokes zero nostalgia. We all know about the last song.

They need to hurry up with Harmonius. Yeah it’s likely going to be HEA music wise.... but at least visually it will be awesome.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Are there videos you can recommend that show the "full pyro" version and the "cut pyro version?"

I've seen the show 2 times and I have no idea which version I've seen...
Typically any videos before November still had the full pyro in the show, and anything after that has the cut pyro.

You can easily tell by if the pyro launches are launching all at once, or just a few at a time. For example in the Tapestry of Nations part, all the launch points shot pyro to form a “halo” effect around the lagoon, not its barely anything but two parallel rows of pyro. In the finale, each beat usually has two fireworks going off, now just one.

It’s really sad to see the state the show is currently in...

UNCgolf

Yeah, I saw it in person and I was not impressed. The kites were the only thing remotely memorable, and they weren't all working when I saw it -- which I guess is better than now, when apparently none are working!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom