Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Brer Oswald

So originally I didn't like the idea of the waterfall screen scene, but it does allow that area to function as two different scenes instead of one. So there's that.

My first reaction was that they could easily swap out the character designs, but nope. The backgrounds are all heavily stylized in the style of the backgrounds on the modern shorts. I love the modern shorts though and don't mind at all.

Yep, there are several issues with timing that causes the back car to miss out on things, and a few things only the front car sees. Front car seems to be the best spot.
Yeah there’s no easy way of swapping the design.

FigmentFan82

Having ridden in the past 24 hours, the rails in the Load Area definitely have dimension. Though they are also painted to suggest they are more 3D than they are. The ties are merely painted, for example.
Interesting!
That one photo totally looks like 3D paining on flat surface. Perhaps the subtle rails in load are to trick you into no realizing it's trackless (if you're someone that doesn't obsess like us on these boards and are already in the know)

disneygeek90

Just got off MMRR and I went in pretty heavily spoiler free. Posted time was 115, waited just about 80 mins to board the attraction.

It’s really charming and fun. It’s not a show stopper, imo but I did enjoy it and we will probably be getting in line again later today. I think it also may be one of those where I need to ride a few times to really take in everything and understand the story because there was just SO much going on. Really loved the art style and overall use of projections and animation.

Tom Morrow

The story is pretty simple and straightforward:

You're going to the theater to watch the new Mickey short - "Perfect Picnic". Mickey and Minnie are going to the park for a picnic. Goofy causes an explosion in the film that rips through the screen and invites you to enter the cartoon world for a ride on his train. You board his train for a ride around the park. Mickey accidentally drives over a track switch that detaches Goofy's engine and sends your cars through a series of cartoon worlds as Mickey and Minnie attempt to stop your cars. There isn't actually much of an out of control chase though and it's more of just an excuse to see a bunch of wacky cartoon scenes. You conclude in a dangerous factory where Mickey hits a switch to save you from certain doom just in time. Through cartoon logic, you return to the park and re-attach with Goofy, who is oblivious that you were even gone. Mickey and Minnie have their picnic in the park.

General Mayhem

Rode it 4 times yesterday, and I absolutely love the ride. One awesome plus about this ride is that it has an extremely high capacity. With up to 8 trains that can each hold up to 48 people the line moves at a very fast pace. It made it easy for me to ride it multiple times in one day. I heard nothing but very positive comments all around when exiting the ride. It's such a great addition and I think personally it counts as an E-Ticket. 10/10 from me and that's from someone who cried when GMR closed.

YodaMan

So if you get a delay on the ride, you'll hear a standard "please remain seated" spiel.

But then Mickey asks, "I was wondering, do you have to remain seated too?"

"No Mickey, I'm just a voice."

That's awesome!

At 3:13 if the timecode doesn't work.

I got stuck on the load platform for almost 30 min and heard the full loop. I’m trying to remember the exact number but there are either 3 or 4 cute different “delay” spiels like that.

TrojanUSC

For this still wondering, this shows you where the fake track stops/ends and also verifies that it’s indeed raised in the loading area.

DD7300EF-329F-420E-8859-E0C54D503D9E.jpeg

choco choco

- I had actually seen this complaint prior to riding, so I'm not sure if I would have noticed it but I think I would have - some of the show scenes are too big. The wild west and amusement park scenes are the biggest offenders. When the room has to be big enough to accommodate four vehicles to slide in multiple directions, they end up feeling warehouse-y. The rest of the scenes are more intimate, having a more linear track space. A lot of the new, trackless but low budget rides being built in parks like in Dubai have a similar issue of being too big and open. Which leads me to my next point:

- I hope that, "Look! These trackless vehicles can go anywhere on this giant floor!" doesn't continue to be a trend in new rides because it requires those massive show scenes with too much floor space. This isn't an issue on Pooh's Hunny Hunt because the ceilings in that ride are much lower, and it makes sense on ROTR since you're on a giant starship.

My impression is that:
- with Roger Rabbit's ride system
- adding an s or c-shape curve to every room (to hide the vehicle in front)
- bringing the physical set elements in to line that curve route but keeping the upper level wall projections largely the same

... and this ride would own. The only real changes needed would be to the waterfall scene (which is useless) and Daisy's scene (which kinda feels like its there to pad the ride length, honestly), and both could be excised or shortened to no real detriment.

Look, I get it, the trackless system was the best way to move about and make use of previous occupant Great Movie Ride's gargantuan room sizes. But where this ride is going to be a new construction (like at Disneyland), I see opportunity where scaling it down a little bit could be a cost-saver and a show-improver.

Magic Feather

My impression is that:
- with Roger Rabbit's ride system
- adding an s or c-shape curve to every room (to hide the vehicle in front)
- bringing the physical set elements in to line that curve route but keeping the upper level wall projections largely the same

... and this ride would own. The only real changes needed would be to the waterfall scene (which is useless) and Daisy's scene (which kinda feels like its there to pad the ride length, honestly), and both could be excised or shortened to no real detriment.

Look, I get it, the trackless system was the best way to move about and make use of previous occupant Great Movie Ride's gargantuan room sizes. But where this ride is going to be a new construction (like at Disneyland), I see opportunity where scaling it down a little bit could be a cost-saver and a show-improver.
Honestly, the factory scene couldn’t really be done without trackless (or at least seriously spacing out trains, and neither could Goofy breaking away (would take a complicated series of well-time track switches). Also, the Daisy dance scene (on further investigation) is really just to give the factory enough time to cycle and reset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom