Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Because I'd rather get an IV of Beverly than post a thing in that bog of eternal stench.

1xyvdw.jpg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The type of cancellations I've become aware of today did not happen with Zika, Swine Flu, MERS, and SARS. That doesn't mean necessarily that they are warranted, but the fact that they are happening is different -- it is not the same thing or the same movie, although it may have the same ending.

The true indicator will be if/when more airlines wave cancelation fees for travel related to CV-19. For business travel it's irrelevant, but for leisure travel cancelation fees play a big role and expense in determining whether to take a trip.

So far Jet Blue has been the only domestic issuing travel waivers for cancel/change fees. South West does not charge change/cancel fees. If United, Delta, American, Alaska start doing this, you'll see the bottom fall out on the travel industry.

RobWDW1971

Well...I wish no ill health on anyone. But Disney needs a knock down on pricing that the customers are too immature to give them. A thousand “mild” cases may stop the increase train.

(I’m kidding...but not really)

Don’t believe the stock market is out of the woods either. They forced an increase today based on assumptions. The Chinese problem is still very real.

Wait...that was in the US? How many in Orlando or Anaheim? Now that you mention it...I do remember bodies being left for armadillos in the morning on I-Drive 🙄

Hold ‘em, Newt...no need to get your head all bogged down with that garbage...yet.
Yes. 12,500 people died in the US of Swine Flu - if the poster said 1,000 US deaths of Coronavirus was the trigger, curious why that wasn't the trigger a decade ago.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. 12,500 people died in the US of Swine Flu - if the poster said 1,000 US deaths of Coronavirus was the trigger, curious why that wasn't the trigger a decade ago.
Right...that was H1N1...I got my plagues mixed.

We had Ebola too.

Why was there calm? Why was there moderation?

There is a very simple reason that has been mentioned on this thread. And it couldn’t be more appropriate time than now to show it. It’s affecting communities, politics and the economy.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Big fat zero

They're not closed now either. Looking back to 2009...

"Disney fans’ discussion boards are buzzing about the fears of transmission and whether some people are putting their fellow vacationers at risk. One visitor recently wrote on DISBoards.com, an online forum for Disney fans, “I just got back last night, and I did notice that there were a few people running around Disney World with what seemed to be more than a little cold.” The discussion came under the heading: “Please do NOT go to Disney World if you (or your children) are sick."

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/travel/8pracflu.html

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I did ask, and did receive, an official statement from WDW, concerning the Declared Public Health Emergency in the state of FL....

I will post this....

"Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We understand your concern and will be happy to point you in the right direction.

We invite you to contract Member Services by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET to discuss any pre-arrival concerns.

Due to the nature of your concerns, we are unable to assist via email.
We appreciate your understanding.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today."

So - only thing I can say? WDW is not talking. One must CALL. Disturbing - it indicates they want nothing on record. Seriously considering canceling, and banking our points :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom