Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgeek

I'm scheduled to attend as an exhibitor and the whole thing has me feeling extremely uncomfortable. HIMSS seemed to be taking the situation seriously until they randomly announced today that Trump is attending to give a keynote address. Now they're twiddling their thumbs and pretending the virus doesn't exist. As an attendee I feel trapped, I don't really want to risk it, but unless they cancel or my employer decides to pull out (not happening) I have no choice but to go lock myself in a building with 60,000 strangers from across the country.

At risk of politicizing this discussion, this co-opting of the HIMSS meeting by Trump along with his public statements that ‘there’s no problem with large crowds’ lead me to question the possibility that WDW itself could be politicized in the course of the administration’s response to this crisis.

Instead of what many of us were assuming, that WDW would eventually have to close if the numbers got bad enough... what if instead it were ordered to remain open at all costs? To project an image of normalcy?

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

At risk of politicizing this discussion, this co-opting of the HIMSS meeting by Trump along with his public statements that ‘there no problem with large crowds’ lead me to question the possibility that WDW itself could be politicized in the course of the administration’s response to this crisis.

Instead of what many of us were assuming, the WDW would eventually have to close if the numbers got bad enough... what if instead it were ordered to remain open at all costs? To project an image of normalcy?

ELG13

Oh honey, bless your heart.
Lol right?! There are very few jobs where I live that offer paid sick leave. I work at a hospital office and all of the PTO we earn is used for vacation (duh), sick days, and holidays our office is closed. We don't even get paid for days they close the office! We get an email every November showing the holidays for the upcoming year with a note telling us how many hours we need to "save" for those holidays the office is closed. And our PTO is earned every two weeks. You don't earn a full day off in two weeks until you've been there for 10 years....and this is sort of the norm here.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What the heck is going on in this thread?

As usual...it’s become this:

1583211367712.jpeg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dude, seriously?

Yes....seriously.

When it comes to Disney...it’s hard for any of us to not admit we have a little bit of evil in us...myself included.

You have a lot of “button” issues here.

1. Fans placing their desire for Disney parks over what would be common sense in any other scenario (I brought up the theater example earlier)
2. Economic impacts that is probably gonna be ALOT bigger than we think...mainly because it’s overdue and inevitable
3. The powderkeg of bad leadership rolling out at the intersection of these things.

We all need to check our brains and humanity here to fight these impulses...my hand is up right now admitting to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin_Nicholas

Bout two days ago you did the “I travel and I’m fine too”, Mr. Luxury....

I got room for you here next to me on the sofa inside the typical shoddy construction Florida glass house I’m living in right now 😉

I'm actually at GO now... No one seems phased here.

As for my Asian travels, I got there and back fine. I'm healthy. Where's my issue again?

The 'luxury' comment was unnecessary.

Kiwiduck

Can an educated voice weigh in on what the likelihood of the parks being closed down due to the coronavirus is? My holiday is at end of May. Whether they close from fear induced overreaction or genuine need I don't care, I just want to know whether my worries about the parks closing have any basis? I have rented DVC points and have just been told by my insurer that they wont cover in the case of a shut down and so I'm screwed if it happens. @marni1971 @lentesta @wdwmagic or anyone with insight, please tell me how much I should be drinking tonight to make myself feel better 😂 😂

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can an educated voice weigh in on what the likelihood of the parks being closed down due to the coronavirus is? Whether they close from fear induced overreaction or genuine need I don't care, I just want to know whether my worries about the parks closing have any basis? I have rented DVC points and have just been told by my insurer that they wont cover in the case of a shut down and so I'm screwed if it happens. @marni1971 @lentesta @wdwmagic or anyone with insight, please tell me how much I should be drinking tonight to make myself feel better 😂 😂
There is no way to gauge this for you. People will tell you that they have some insight, perhaps...but they have no clue. It’s all opinion or second handed opinion at this point.

I wish the typical nonsense carrot dangling wouldn’t have happened here...but it did. You can be sure that Disney in no way wants to close a park....they are looking at this around the clock to address what they can as it becomes available...and they will do everything they can to ensure safety. All of these things are in their and OUR Best interests...symbiosis.

My personal OPINION is a closure is unlikely. But that’s assuming the virus spread is minor/moderate.

Florida is NOT a good spot for this...as others have pointed out. God’s waiting room.

thecouch

I think extention of hours for late March early April will be delayed. I was expecting around Easter for MK to be extended to midnight like last few years but I think they will hold off to see how many people cancel holidays or if there is more country restricted to fly in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom