Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ImperfectPixie

After almost 3 months of running this attraction with guests(not to mention the countless days spent on testing prior to opening), it is embarrassing that they can't get this more stable. I would think this is "all hands on deck", and the staff/consultants/vendors who had anything to do with Rise are working non-stop to FIX IT.

So either...

A - the expertise isn't being brought in

or

B - they bit off more than they can chew, and can't get this atttraction more stable

Shut the thing down until it is fixed!
You can thank Chapek and Iger for Rise opening weeks before Imagineering felt it was ready. They BEGGED for more time.

Josh Hendy

You can thank Chapek and Iger for Rise opening weeks before Imagineering felt it was ready. They BEGGED for more time.

Blog Mickey dot Com (sorry don't know if linking is allowed) has posted a story titled, "Don't Visit DHS for now".

Not just because it is difficult and inconvenient to participate in the RotR lottery but because of the massive waits for other popular rides.

According to them. A bit of a black eye for WDW? Or is the Star Wars phenomenon so huge that almost any amount of inconvenience can be weathered.

Nobody in my family is a big Star Wars fan, I'm a casual fan ... but I guarantee they would be massively PO'd at me if I dragged them into DHS at rope drop, they failed to get into RotR and had 90-120 minute waits for everything else.

drizgirl

Blog Mickey dot Com (sorry don't know if linking is allowed) has posted a story titled, "Don't Visit DHS for now".

Not just because it is difficult and inconvenient to participate in the RotR lottery but because of the massive waits for other popular rides.

According to them. A bit of a black eye for WDW? Or is the Star Wars phenomenon so huge that almost any amount of inconvenience can be weathered.

Nobody in my family is a big Star Wars fan, I'm a casual fan ... but I guarantee they would be massively PO'd at me if I dragged them into DHS at rope drop, they failed to get into RotR and had 90-120 minute waits for everything else.
Did they issue a similar alert for DL? If they didn't then the issue was poor planning on Disney's part for not anticipating the impact of putting a high interest ride in a park without enough other things to do.

Josh Hendy

Did they issue a similar alert for DL? If they didn't then the issue was poor planning on Disney's part for not anticipating the impact of putting a high interest ride in a park without enough other things to do.
Only for DHS. They put the blame on the unreliability of the ride plus the decision to use a lottery system.
Disney has created the a boarding group process that demands planning and a lot of luck for a ride that many delayed vacations for until it opened. The expectations are high, but the reality is that you’ll likely be let down by the process. Unless you have three or more days to devote to the park and are willing to role the dice, we think that you shouldn’t visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios right now.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/dont-visit-disneys-hollywood-studios

drizgirl

DL also has about 28 other functioning rides. DHS has 7.

Telling people to hold off on DHS until RotR is reliable and MMRR is open (and reliable) is not a bad recommendation for now... unless you have a hopper.
I believe so, but the article goes into many factors unique to DHS such as, "a park without a lot of other ride options" or words to that effect.

That's exactly my point. DL could tolerate an unreliable ride with a ridiculous and convoluted access system because there's so much else to justify the price of admission. When that glitch happened and they were telling people there were plenty of other rides to do at DHS, I really just had to stop and reflect on what a ridiculous statement that was.

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

Only for DHS. They put the blame on the unreliability of the ride plus the decision to use a lottery system.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/dont-visit-disneys-hollywood-studios
Eh ... that article is a stretch in my opinion. Maybe if it's a once in a lifetime trip and your lone goal is to ride everything in DHS, then maybe I can see taking that stance. Meanwhile, I know many that have traveled down there over the past week and had a great time at DHS. It's all about perceptions and expectations, which are purely up to the individual.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That probably depends on whether it was before or after they closed so much stuff.

They closed 2 attractions no one cared about and one is still being transformed. Point being.. besides reporting the park is BUSY now.. if they are miffed about 'limited options'... they have a damn short memory

drizgirl

They closed 2 attractions no one cared about and one is still being transformed. Point being.. besides reporting the park is BUSY now.. if they are miffed about 'limited options'... they have a damn short memory
Two high capacity attractions and a high attraction show.

Josh Hendy

I don't know about this website but it looks like this article is about, "should you bring your family to DHS right now" not, "should you be happy with DHS because it was a lot worse 5 years ago".

In other words they are trying to assist typical Disney visitors allocate their limited time and money, not engage in a debate about Disney management coulda shoulda with local AP holders and hardcore Star Wars aficionados.

I'm interested in the coulda shoulda debate because it actually (should) concern Disney a lot about those typical visitors. Last time I went to DHS with first-time Disney visitors, they lost interest by noon and never returned to DHS for the rest of the week.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My friend has a theory. She thinks it might be peoples phones causing interference which causes the ride to go down. She has been told it was (still is) a common thing to happen on radiator springs racers. phones over seas run different frequencies than they do here in the states. And just happen to be the same as the ride ran. Now with so many international guests that visit both coasts it could be a potential issue. I would love to see if that's the case. Wonder if runaway railroad will fall in the same fate when it opens.

your friend should lookup regulated frequencies and understand how they operate verse open bands. Heres a hint... gsm phones operate in regulated bands

RSoxNo1

I had long said that Disney shouldn't have done the split opening for Galaxy's Edge. I'd like to rescind that comment and replace it with this one.

They should have opened each ride when they were ready. For Smugglers Run that was August 29th. For Rise of the Resistance, it hasn't happened yet.

mergatroid

I'm interested in the coulda shoulda debate because it actually (should) concern Disney a lot about those typical visitors. Last time I went to DHS with first-time Disney visitors, they lost interest by noon and never returned to DHS for the rest of the week.

Interesting, we took 3 first timers last year and they returned to the park twice more, horses for courses as they say.

rowrbazzle

It's also crazy crowded now and I'm sure that's in the mix.

Yup. And the park is opening later and closing earlier than it was when Rise first opened. In December there were 7:00 AM opens and boarding groups lasting for hours rather than seconds. With fewer guaranteed BGs, cuts in characters, and shows not opening any earlier, it sounds pretty bad at HS right now.

TrainsOfDisney

They closed 2 attractions that had high capacity and also provided a 20+ minute ride and both had good themed pre-shows that made waiting part of the experience.

They also closed an impressive stunt show that had hight capacity and was over 20+ long.

And of course the most tragic of all losses... the honey I shrunk the kids playground.

So that’s 4 attractions, plus a flex theatre that should have had a production in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom