News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

dsmith51

There are only two things I don't like about Spaceship Earth (currently). 1 - The track. It seems like there are a lot of gaps or mis-aligned tracks that the vehicle rides over, creating a not-so-pleasant ride experience. If the track was more smooth and uniform, the ride wouldn't be so bumpy and would be more enjoyable. 2 - Those damned uncomfortable hard plastic seats! Jeez, you'd think they'd put cushions on the seats and chair backs, something like what the monorail has (and I think the TTA vehicles). If they can fix these two things, then I'll not complain about anything else.

Spaceship Earth has been a favourite of mine ever since I rode it for the first time back in 1984.

jt04

Who wants to show up at rope drop every morning on vacation to even be able to ride rides that you paid 100 dollars admission to not ride? I didn't fly 1000 miles to play games.

You should probably read the post above yours. Lots of guests prefer to arrive early because of the many benefits. That will never change. If you are not an early riser you likely use FP. Some people might see a contradiction in your argument. Or are you strictly standby? You must have amazing patience. 👏

jt04

There are only two things I don't like about Spaceship Earth (currently). 1 - The track. It seems like there are a lot of gaps or mis-aligned tracks that the vehicle rides over, creating a not-so-pleasant ride experience. If the track was more smooth and uniform, the ride wouldn't be so bumpy and would be more enjoyable. 2 - Those damned uncomfortable hard plastic seats! Jeez, you'd think they'd put cushions on the seats and chair backs, something like what the monorail has (and I think the TTA vehicles). If they can fix these two things, then I'll not complain about anything else.

Spaceship Earth has been a favourite of mine ever since I rode it for the first time back in 1984.

The finale is a shell of the 84 version. I think they'll fix that.

ilovetotravel1977

You should probably read the post above yours. Lots of guests prefer to arrive early because of the many benefits. That will never change. If you are not an early riser you likely use FP. Some people might see a contradiction in your argument. Or are you strictly standby? You must have amazing patience. 👏

Rope drop? No problem. 3 hours before rope drop? Problem.

jt04

Rope drop? No problem. 3 hours before rope drop? Problem.

That was only due to RotR. By offering many attractions at all parks they can easily maintain traditional park opening hours and procedures. And my ideas would take a lot of stress off of RotR. OK, I'm out of steam. 🚂

You should probably read the post above yours. Lots of guests prefer to arrive early because of the many benefits. That will never change. If your not an early riser you likely use FP. Some people might see a contradiction in your argument. Or are you strictly standby? You must have amazing patience. 👏
Frankly my family and I dropped the ball on our fastpasses this time around so we did do standby for the big dogs this time around, 2 hours for tower was the longest wait and we considered it worth it and paid for the 8×10 onride photo.
I just don't think its reasonable to employ this kind of hunger games nonsense when it simply is just a matter of capacity issues elsewhere in the park.
Shows, shows, shows.
Also spaceship earth was messsssssssssy to be on topic a little.
Not claiming my prose is water tight, just my 2 cents after my experiences this past week.

dsmith51

The finale is a shell of the 84 version. I think they'll fix that.

I *LOVED* the original version. Where the star field is right now on the descent, there used to be scenes with audio-animatronics characters playing out various communication scenarios. For instance, the kids with the bee hive, and the mother singing her child to sleep from across the miles. How I miss it!

You can hear this audio in some of the SSE recordings circulating the Internet.

disneyC97

I *LOVED* the original version. Where the star field is right now on the descent, there used to be scenes with audio-animatronics characters playing out various communication scenarios. For instance, the kids with the bee hive, and the mother singing her child to sleep from across the miles. How I miss it!

That was the 94 version finale.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

That was the 94 version finale.
Indeed. Version 3.

nickys

Premium Member
It is important to ensure a rewarding guest experience. BGs have proven popular especially before it got overwhelmed. Incentivizing (sp?) early arrivals spreads out crowds especially if offered at multiple parks for multiple attractions. Again enhancing the guest experience. Remember, you don't have to participate in the BG system. All other attractions will have FP and/or standby. Strategy will be part of the fun.

So this is a new BG system then? Not the current BG system?

How does having a BG system for premier rides before noon spread crowds out more than just having FPs and stand-by all day? I must be missing something.

You have everyone arriving before park opening to try and ride one of these premier rides, who then have to stick around waiting for their BG so swelling numbers at the park. These will be guests who were unable to get an FP for these premier rides, or who got one but want to ride one of the others.

Whose experience is being enhanced, and in what way? Compared to just having FPs and stand-by, it’s adding extra guests.

Those who don’t get a BG will then be hanging about ride entrances in order to get into the stand-by queue. Imagine the chaos as the time ticks over from 11:59 to noon and hundreds of guests all charge towards the stand-by line, just like rope drop all over again. Only with other guests getting caught up in a free-for-all scramble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom