News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Boarding Groups and fast passes would go a long way in minimizing the outdoor queues around SSE and their effect on crowd flow. Along with the new east and west bypasses which I assume are permanent.

Please list what rides/attractions you think should get boarding groups, in all 4 WDW theme parks.

jt04

Please list what rides/attractions you think should get boarding groups, in all 4 WDW theme parks.

Just informally...

MK- Tron, Splash, Fantasyland Mine Train

Epcot - Rat, GotG, New SSE

Studios - RotR, Tower, MMRR

DAK - FoP, Safari , Everest

They could even get creative and add preferred seating for shows.

So in this scenario you would have to be physically in the park before rope drop. You would use the app to choose only one option for your party. If you fail to get your first choice you can try for one of the others if still available.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Just informally...

MK- Tron, Splash, Fantasyland Mine Train

Epcot - Rat, GotG, New SSE

Studios - RotR, Tower, MMRR

DAK - FoP, Safari , Everest

They could even get creative and add preferred seating for shows.

So in this scenario you would have to be physically in the park before rope drop. You would use the app to choose only one option for your party. If you fail to get your first choice you can try for one of the others if still available.

So what you're proposing is that people who don't rope drop basically won't be able to ride 3 signature attractions at each park on any given day.

Edit: And those that do rope drop can only do one of those three, if they are lucky.

Last edited:

jt04

So what you're proposing is that people who don't rope drop basically won't be able to ride 3 signature attractions at each park on any given day.

Edit: And those that do rope drop can only do one of those three, if they are lucky.

Each choice would have limited BG availability. No backup groups. Likely all BGs cleared by noon. FP and standby the rest of the day. Simple.

jt04

New SSE is still going to be an omnimover, no reason it needs boarding groups. It shouldn't even have fastpasses, imho.

The type of ride system is fairly irrelevant. It is the wait times that are the primary factor. IMO.

nickys

Premium Member
Each choice would have limited BG availability. No backup groups. Likely all BGs cleared by noon. FP and standby the rest of the day. Simple.

You said the BGs would solve the problem of the queue overflow, right? Why is that only important in the morning? And why does Splash need BGs since it has perfectly good and themed outdoor queue, albeit with switchbacks? The Safari, Everest and FoP also all have great themed queues that don’t impact anything else.

I guess I wasn't very impressed with the 2007 version and am much more confident in management and Imagineering in 2020 than in the early to mid oughts.

When did you ride the 2007 version? What didn’t you like about it?

jt04

You said the BGs would solve the problem of the queue overflow, right? Why is that only important in the morning? And why does Splash need BGs since it has perfectly good and themed outdoor queue, albeit with switchbacks? The Safari, Everest and FoP also all have great themed queues that don’t impact anything else.

When did you ride the 2007 version? What didn’t you like about it?

It is important to ensure a rewarding guest experience. BGs have proven popular especially before it got overwhelmed. Incentivizing (sp?) early arrivals spreads out crowds especially if offered at multiple parks for multiple attractions. Again enhancing the guest experience. Remember, you don't have to participate in the BG system. All other attractions will have FP and/or standby. Strategy will be part of the fun.

Who wants to show up at rope drop every morning on vacation to even be able to ride rides that you paid 100 dollars admission to not ride? I didn't fly 1000 miles to play games.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Who wants to show up at rope drop every morning on vacation to even be able to ride rides that you paid 100 dollars admission to not ride? I didn't fly 1000 miles to play games.

The person suggesting such an "idea" hasn't been to the parks in decades. Look at anything posted by him with a wary eye and have a salt-lick nearby as well.

smaccount

I agree. We go in May and I know for a fact that my husband and daughter who are both real StarWars fans won’t get up to get a rope drop RotR BG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom