News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

jt04

I don’t get why two years? Is it more for park work or is this really going to take that long? And not Disney time.

It is a unique system and fairly complex. Add in the need to bring it up to code and the unknowns and two years might be optimistic. Budget is also likely a factor.

MaximumEd

They can test these ideas at a single park and I am sure they have a lot of data from RotR. So far boarding groups seem more popular than not. IMO.

Boarding groups aren’t “popular” because people love them. It’s because it’s the only choice you have to ride the latest whiz-bang Star Wars ride. I’ve seen you post of lot of nonsense in my time here. This split of BG/regular FP mid day for headliners may be the most nonsensical.

matt9112

Boarding Groups and fast passes would go a long way in minimizing the outdoor queues around SSE and their effect on crowd flow. Along with the new east and west bypasses which I assume are permanent.

I don't see the outdoor que as being in the way of anything? God forbid i want to just show up and do stuff. If you ran the parks i would need to know what im doing at 12:14 pm 436 days from now.

jt04

Boarding groups aren’t “popular” because people love them. It’s because it’s the only choice you have to ride the latest whiz-bang Star Wars ride. I’ve seen you post of lot of nonsense in my time here. This split of BG/regular FP mid day for headliners may be the most nonsensical.

If you spend time in the rotr bg thread you will see they create a lot of fun for guests. This was especially true before it became a game of skill and a good cell phone plan. By spreading the system to multiple parks/attractions that becomes mostly a non-factor even for rotr.

People like virtual queues infinitely more than actual queues. It's the future. Resistance is futile. 👽

nickys

Premium Member
If you spend time in the rotr bg thread you will see they create a lot of fun for guests. This was especially true before it became a game of skill and a good cell phone plan. By spreading the system to multiple parks/attractions that becomes mostly a non-factor even for rotr.

People like virtual queues infinitely more than actual queues. It's the future. Resistance is futile. 👽

Fun? It created, and still does, anxiety about how to “play the game” and whether they will be successful. The fun comes in the actual ride.

Remind me again, as I seem to have misplaced your post, how much fun was it for you? Did you enjoy the experience?

jt04

That you are seeing them implemented on a wider range over time. Not just at WDW.

I thought you would like the idea of the wider use of standby that would necessarily exist if BGs existed for only a few select attractions early in the day. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Perhaps you will see the end of FP systems altogether as I think you are hoping but it doesn't seem to be the trend at all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That you are seeing them implemented on a wider range over time. Not just at WDW.

I thought you would like the idea of the wider use of standby that would necessarily exist if BGs existed for only a few select attractions early in the day. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Perhaps you will see the end of FP systems altogether as I think you are hoping but it doesn't seem to be the trend at all.
Nope. No proof to what you claimed.

nickys

Premium Member
I'll remind you when BGs (or something very similar) are implemented at WDW.

We already know they are being considered for future rides. That is not proof.

That isn’t proof though either.

BGs are being used here because of the reliability issues coupled with a massive demand. They may be considered for future rides if there are similar issues.

If you get a BG, they are a better alternative than 6 hour waits when it’s possible the ride will go down.

But that is vastly different to implementing them on existing rides. Do you have any examples of that happening, at WDW or elsewhere?

jt04

We already know they are being considered for future rides.
That is not proof tha

That isn’t proof though.

BGs are being used here because of the reliability issues coupled with a massive demand. They may be considered for future rides if there are similar issues.

If you get a BG, they are a better alternative than 6 hour waits when it’s possible the ride will go down.

But that is vastly different to implementing them on existing rides. Do you have any examples of that happening, at WDW or elsewhere?

I don't think I have suggested any guarantees but rather my opinion of what I think will happen. The 50th and associated new attractions will stress the system. IMO BGs implemented on a wider scale may be implemented as a part of the solution. Time will tell if my subjective opinion is right or wrong. You are free to have your own opinion. At least when you are in the States. 😊

DisneyDebRob

Please no more about BG’s.. my vacation each year is already filled with headaches setting things up. Getting another one now thinking about Disney doing more of them. It’s not the answer. Never is. Answer is always put more things in to separate the crowds. More attractions.. more shows. That’s the answer. It’s also not the answer to replace a ride with a new one. Same space, no addition. There’s just to many people going to WDW at every point of the year now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom