News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Lilofan

Which is the problem, as I mentioned above -- those things should not all be under one giant umbrella.
That's a thing I noticed working for Megacorp. Restructuring to include maximizing efficiency, save on payroll and layoffs, combine positions and the execs that did not get laid off now have multiple oversight.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Tv/espn revenues peaked in 2009.

I think you need to re-evaluate what has been going on.

No need to re-evaluate bc I’m well aware of what’s going on. Sure, the revenues peaked at that point in time. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t still bringing in tons of money at present. Because they are. Even though ESPN is seeing decreasing amounts of revenue, it still accounts for around 20% of TWDC profits.

I’ll take off-peak profits for 20 years vs. one year of peak profits. These networks continually make steady money, especially ESPN.

UNCgolf

That's a thing I noticed working for Megacorp. Restructuring to include maximizing efficiency, save on payroll and layoffs, combine positions and the execs that did not get laid off now have multiple oversight.

Some of the newer tech startups that have exploded in size have the opposite problem -- they have executives all over the place with nebulous titles and it's hard to figure out who is actually responsible for certain things and who reports to who. I'm having to deal with some problems at work because of that at the moment.

I'm sure they will contract eventually and shift to one exec overseeing 8 different things, though.

Mouse Trap

Some of the newer tech startups that have exploded in size have the opposite problem -- they have executives all over the place with nebulous titles and it's hard to figure out who is actually responsible for certain things and who reports to who. I'm having to deal with some problems at work because of that at the moment.

I'm sure they will contract eventually and shift to one exec overseeing 8 different things, though.

It was a different company back then, but while I was at YouTube we literally were told to make our own titles at one point. We quickly all became "Head of ________".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No need to re-evaluate bc I’m well aware of what’s going on. Sure, the revenues peaked at that point in time. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t still bringing in tons of money at present. Because they are. Even though ESPN is seeing decreasing amounts of revenue, it still accounts for around 20% of TWDC profits.

I’ll take off-peak profits for 20 years vs. one year of peak profits. These networks continually make steady money, especially ESPN.
It’s not that they don’t still make profits...it’s that they have consistently declined and when that happens in a conglomerate...it’s got to come from somewhere. It can’t drop.

If you can’t invent new streams...then you need to draw it out of old ones. That is exactly what has been going on for 10 years...

I give you - ground zero:

1582752524237.jpeg

No Name

And if Rohde does lead parks and resorts which won't happen, you lead by example. Looking like a drugged out hippie, with earrings so big your earlobes are hanging and Hawaiian shirts, wearing sandals is not leading by example.

I don’t think his attire sets any sort of bad example. Disney’s corporate culture is so cold that a little creativity in outfits would be a positive. In companies throughout the US, dress codes and expectations have consistently been relaxed over the years, for a reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom