News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

TP2000

No nerve struck, no need to be so nonplussed. I wondered the same things myself and found out during my interview. Out of respect to other members and Disney, I haven't and won't give details.

Wow. I had no idea they were running a secret society out there at WDW. 🧐

I don't even think the Disneyland members know how deep and dark things have gotten out in Orlando. I'm going to have to ask around a bit to see what they know about this intense level of secrecy out there...

Purduevian

No nerve struck, no need to be so nonplussed. I wondered the same things myself and found out during my interview. Out of respect to other members and Disney, I haven't and won't give details.

I realize you don't want to spill the beans on what the "extras" are. However just for clarity's sake, there is more perks to WDW33 than:
1)Access to a lounge in each park
2)free park hoppers for friends
3)basically unlimited FPs
4)Valet Parking within walking distance of each park
5)VIP seating for shows and parades

TrainsOfDisney

#4 would be interesting to hear about. There isn’t valet parking at the parks but club 33 does get the preferred parking. What would be interesting is how easy it is for club members to get free valet park at boardwalk, contemporary etc. - it should be easy, and that would be a great perk to have.

I’ve run into cm’s who didn’t know what a premier pass is, so I’m just wondering if all security / parking staff are familiar with 33. In California it’s only the security and valet staff at 1 hotel that needs to be familiar with it.

#5 would also be nice to hear about. I’m guessing any vip viewing / seating could be arranged similar to TP2000’s experience with fantasmic.

CPS17

Why the secrecy?

When someone says 33 is a masonic cult, do I have to hand them my contract to prove that its not? Or can I just deny an untruth and adults can understand that perhaps a private club would like details to remain private? I'm sorry you feel like I'm acting like a child, but I think most can see the rationalization of why I'm not detailing benefits. I'm sure there are interesting things in your life that I'm not privy to.

Wow. I had no idea they were running a secret society out there at WDW. 🧐

I don't even think the Disneyland members know how deep and dark things have gotten out in Orlando. I'm going to have to ask around a bit to see what they know about this intense level of secrecy out there...

I'm going to respond in good faith - the secrecy of the club is appreciated because members are able to host guests who know the lore, but have very little idea of what they're going to experience because so little information can be found online. I have written my generalizations in a way to not spoil it for others reading this thread that may be able to someday go as a guest.

I mean this sincerely - ask your host friend if he misses the days where not everyone was running around taking pictures to post on Instagram. I'd be willing to bet it was more fun to him giving his guests the tour instead of them already knowing what's in the club.

I realize you don't want to spill the beans on what the "extras" are. However just for clarity's sake, there is more perks to WDW33 than:

Yes - both tangible and intangible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm surprised the contract isn't online from past/disgruntled members.

Also, could any of our legal eagles see if the contract was submitted as evidence in the few court cases that have been filed with regard to 33 membership?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

6) CMs as characters upon request.
7) Previews of attractions.
8) Friends allowed lounge access without the member being there.
9) Lots of merch upon request.
10) Posing with a coffin.

TP2000

If the Club 33 contract at WDW is the same as the Platinum level contract for Disneyland's Club 33, the main membership benefits would be listed, in no particular order, as;

• Premiere AP for member, spouse and child dependents
  • 50 park hopper tickets per year for guests/friends of member and spouse (children must get parents to allocate tickets)
  • 50 Fastpasses per day, per visit, for member's AP and guests/family using the park hoppers
  • Access to a Club 33 lounge in each park
  • Valet complimentary parking (unsure where the valet locations are for WDW parks, but I assume they have that)
  • VIP seating for parades and shows made day-of, or in advance if the member calls membership services
  • 5 VIP Tour allotments per year, for an eight hour VIP Tour for up to 10 guests, VIP Tours may be gifted by member to friends/family without the member present
  • Club 33 private parties and special events in the parks throughout the year; Jazz Festival, Candlelight weekend, Imagineering presentations, vintner and distillery visits, cooking demonstrations, etc., and also ability to buy Club 33 exclusive merchandise and collectibles branded to each event.
  • Membership Services CM's able to make reservations for non-club restaurants and park activities (Savi's Workshop, etc.)
  • Smattering of schmoozy extras distributed via lounge locations; comp beverages/bar snacks, umbrellas, basic sundries, character visits, etc.
What is missing from that WDW list is the elements of Club 33 membership that involves a restaurant or dining service. Like the wine delivery service that my friend used to get two bottles of good wine into Disneyland; he gave the bottles directly to the Club 33 concierge desk at the Grand Californian Hotel at 2pm, and a few hours later the wine was decanted and nicely presented at the dinner table in New Orleans Square. That was a nice touch.

Could a WDW Club 33 member show up at the Epcot main entrance with bottles of wine and have those delivered and served to him at the Constellation Club inside the park? That's unknown at this point, and I don't think we're going to get the club members participating in this thread to tell us. But I would have to assume they could do that for a WDW club member even though there isn't a Club 33 dining room at WDW.

Last edited:

brb1006

My pleasure! It was a fun and unique way to visit the parks with some old friends.

One of the little things I didn't mention is that in 1901 at the bar in the back of the speakeasy they have antique directors chairs with the names Walt and Lillian on them, with another pair on the other side of the bar that said Roy and Edna. I thought that was very clever!

IMAG1812.jpg

That 1901 bar had a great bartender with appropriately top shelf liquors and liquers on offer too. I found this video on YouTube of how they make a Manhattan. Bear in mind, this is the exact same recipe they use for the Manhattans in the next door Carthay Circle Lounge that is open to the public (Bulleit rye, Carpano vermouth, angostura, luxardo cherries, ice sphere), but at 1901 they roll out on a little cart and prepare the Manhattan tableside for you with a little bit of patter. Again, just a nice touch of showmanship.

There was also a lighting effect in 1901 that had Walt Disney appearing briefly in shadow in a hallway, which was kind of creepy but also kind of cool.

Here's a photo of the Walt projection for those that never seen it.
mhHCtGtuP7qD9B0j5pFuXkpotZMTYju-9mCJ2GPshowVhX41gviwiCzEsUKPqTddb_OgTmt2kM9eRZs3RIchK5WE9MhgLi6XVFO1-LV8

Would love to see some footage of that effect.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
When someone says 33 is a masonic cult, do I have to hand them my contract to prove that its not? Or can I just deny an untruth and adults can understand that perhaps a private club would like details to remain private? I'm sorry you feel like I'm acting like a child, but I think most can see the rationalization of why I'm not detailing benefits. I'm sure there are interesting things in your life that I'm not privy to.

you repeatedly throw strawmwn out and draw conclusions completely unrelated.

not having to disprove cult status has nothing to do with justifying secrecy.

I'm going to respond in good faith - the secrecy of the club is appreciated because members are able to host guests who know the lore, but have very little idea of what they're going to experience because so little information can be found online. I have written my generalizations in a way to not spoil it for others reading this thread that may be able to someday go as a guest.

So its about withholding the information in some idea that it will increase the experience.

you are free to believe that... but you can get off the high horse about people being wrong if you are just going to judge instead of helping.

and understand its behavior like your own that makes people make statements like your cult example.

maybe you really think it makes you special or a standout in some sense... and have bought into that fully. But most people dont... and it has nothing to do with envy of membership or wealth.

for most people it is and will always be just a buyin perk. A screening process does not change that.

no amount of artificial secrecy is going to change that.

people want to know because they live and breathe disney details.

TP2000

I mean this sincerely - ask your host friend if he misses the days where not everyone was running around taking pictures to post on Instagram. I'd be willing to bet it was more fun to him giving his guests the tour instead of them already knowing what's in the club.

That's a good point, especially about Disneyland's version.

I'm not sure how much "lore" could be created for a WDW club that is only a few years old, unless you wanted to build a historical case around George Kalogridis instead of Walt Disney. But the point is made.

I am already planning to pepper my friend with some questions about all this later this month when it's appropriate, and I will ask him how he feels about the club experience in this silly Instagram Age. Although, that is not something exclusive to Club 33; the scourge of bloggers and Instagrammers has changed the Disney park experience for everyone, not just Club 33 members.

TP2000

Hang on a second, let me go find that Club 33 Christmas tree ornament I got from a friend a couple years ago...

Club 33 is really good at little gifts and schmoozy souvenirs doled out to the members. I'm going to go find the ornament my friend gave me a few months after I joined him for that evening in the parks I wrote about earlier. Give me a few moments...

brb1006

That's it! It's a moving image and he sort of looks around the room a bit before he disappears into the wallpaper again. I found it kind of spooky, but I guess some folks enjoy that sort of thing.
I think the effect was suppose to represent Walt Disney's spirit checking out parts of Club 1901. Possibly as a reference to Walt wanting to create another private hangout with his wife (Club 33). Since they eventually got tired of staying at the Disneyland Firehouse due to the spacial constrictions of their private apartment. Sadly Walt couldn't live to see the official opening of Club 33.

CPS17

Could a WDW Club 33 member show up at the Epcot main entrance with bottles of wine and have those delivered and served to him at the Constellation Club inside the park? That's unknown at this point, and I don't think we're going to get the club members participating in this thread to tell us. But I would have to assume they could do that for a WDW club member.

I honestly don’t know - while I bring wine on vacation routinely, I’ve never brought any to FL because of the weather. One bag left on the tarmac for a half hour and it’s vinegar. If I were to visit and the weather <70* I'd probably roll the dice if we were planning on a dinner at V&A, which the last time I checked allows BYO. But our utilization of the lounges is more of a respite during/after crushing the parks and decanting '82 Bdx over a candle isn't the drink I'd be choosing. But an adults trip during Food&Wine and that could get interesting....but as of now, no clue to wine policy.

I'm not sure how much "lore" could be created for a WDW club that is only a few years old

Agreed - I should have been clarifying to mean the lore established by DL33. As I said earlier in the thread, WDW is the new guy and I don't think any member is under any impression that it's not. One can argue which model they like the most, but there's no debate to why 33 will perk someone's ear.

TP2000

As an example of the little extras and niceties that are extended throughout the year to club members at WDW and Disneyland, I'm starting a new series that I'm calling TP2000 Spills The Beans!

Here is a Christmas ornament that was given to me by the member who hosted me on that fun evening a couple years ago. Our visit was in October, 2017 and a few months later my friend gave me this ornament that the club gave him and his wife. (His membership is rather transactional for him; he does it for his wife and her friends who are club members, and as he's a good husband he goes along for the ride and enjoys a quiet place in the park to have a Scotch and a snooze).

The ornament was in a very nice presentation box with the Club 33 50th anniversary logo (the 50th Anniversary was in 2017, and so this was the Christmas '17 ornament).

Ornament 1.JPG

Inside the box was a vellum card with the holiday greeting from Club 33 to its members, plus a nice Christmas tree ornament.

Ornament 2.JPG

The ornament is of very high quality, made of heavy metal and plated in lovely ceramics and metals with a raised Club 33 logo on it. This wasn't a cheap piece to have produced.

Ornament 3.JPG

I will admit that I didn't hang this on my tree that year, or any year. (To be honest the thing is so darn heavy that even though I always get a sturdy Noble Fir, I don't think a natural branch could support it) But it was a very nice thought and I keep it in the dining room credenza and when they stop by at Christmas I place it out on the centerpiece as a gesture.

But that's the sort of little extras and bobbles that Club 33 doles out to its members throughout the year. They are really, really good at this sort of thing, and they go for a high quality look and feel to anything with the Club 33 logo on it. I do commend them for that, and it's always fun to get some little gift like this in the mail as a surprise. The Club 33 management group knows what they are doing to keep their members happy and bubbling about the latest gift!

Last edited:

rowrbazzle

If the Club 33 contract at WDW is the same as the Platinum level contract for Disneyland's Club 33, the main membership benefits would be listed, in no particular order, as;
  • Premiere AP for member, spouse and child dependents
  • 50 park hopper tickets per year for guests/friends of member and spouse (children must get parents to allocate tickets)

I saw someone state elsewhere that the APs were capped at four even if you had more than four in your family. I thought that sounded kind of crappy, though I guess having tons of park hopper tickets could help compensate. I think Club 33 sounds nice, but I'd definitely be in the mindset of wanting to get my money's worth. And I wouldn't like choosing which kid to leave behind on each trip. 😄

I was thinking about DVC points as a comparison. Buying a bunch of DVC points in order to take your family and friends is cool, but there is still the matter of tickets. Club 33 doesn't cover lodging, but with the perks and FPs you wouldn't necessarily need to be on-site anyway. You could do a lot of treating with Club 33. That does sound cool.

TP2000

I saw someone state elsewhere that the APs were capped at four even if you had more than four in your family. I thought that sounded kind of crappy, though I guess having tons of park hopper tickets could help compensate. I think Club 33 sounds nice, but I'd definitely be in the mindset of wanting to get my money's worth. And I wouldn't like choosing which kid to leave behind on each trip. 😄

I was thinking about DVC points as a comparison. Buying a bunch of DVC points in order to take your family and friends is cool, but there is still the matter of tickets. Club 33 doesn't cover lodging, but with the perks and FPs you wouldn't necessarily need to be on-site anyway. You could do a lot of treating with Club 33. That does sound cool.

I'm not sure about how many children are allowed on the membership, but I do know there's a cutoff age for them at some point in their 20's (and they need to be pushed out of the nest anyway). I imagine that it's not unlimited kids on a membership, so at the third or fourth child the member would just need to purchase an additional Premiere AP to go along with the other kids. And if that pushes them over the edge of not penciling out for the family vacation budget, then a Club 33 membership probably wasn't a wise investment for them to begin with.

I know there is a limit to how many guests a member can bring into the club facilities at any one time, but I think it's around 10 or so, so even the Brady Bunch could go into the club together if Mr. Brady was a member.

TP2000

You could do a lot of treating with Club 33. That does sound cool.

The club members I've known do enjoy treating friends and family! It's a fun perk for them to extend. I know that most members see great value in being able to gift those types of experiences, and at least at Disneyland it's often a business associate or an important client that is the beneficiary. And at least in SoCal, dinner at Club 33 is the golden ticket to a happy client base!

Since that '17 visit those friends of mine offered to have me join them for dinner again last year, and you know what?... I declined the offer graciously. I wasn't quite ready to return so soon. I wanted to keep that type of meal special, even though I visit Disneyland regularly. I could probably go back for just one more swanky Club 33 dinner in my lifetime before I pass on, and that would be a life well lived for me.

Although I am considering a splurge on a 21 Royal dinner at Disneyland next year when my nephew graduates from college. I'm a bachelor without immediate family or anyone who will be depending on my inheritance, and I'd like the family I do have to have a very special memory of all of us together. It's either 21 Royal or I send him and his steady girl to Europe for a vacation with a return trip on the Queen Mary 2, but I'm selfishly leaning towards dinner. :cool:

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

That's being intentionally obtuse - it's abundantly clear what I value from my membership from the generalities I made. You also don't need a dissertation on the earth's shape to be authoritatively told it's not flat. These misconceptions continue b/c they're often told by those who love to fan the flames. I've followed this thread for a long time and it's not a coincidence that the same posters who hurled insults at will changed their tone to "I'm just soooo curious!" once a couple people who have actual knowledge showed up and publicly pushed back. So maybe the next time one of these posters says "C33 has *insert carefully framed negative* it must be because Disney *insert most evil reason*" the casual reader will see it for what it is - cynical wordsmithing.

Yes - both tangible and intangible.
You're making far too much sense for these forums. ;) (not worth it -- it'll always come back to thinly veiled insults at best once some folks get involved as they did here)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom