News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

flynnibus

Premium Member
You're making far to much sense for these forums. ;) (not worth it -- it'll always come back to thinly veiled insults at best once some folks get involved as they did here)
I would correct you... but I don't want to diminish the aurora of the exclusivity of our Club that we built by knowing what we know, but not sharing it with others... just letting you know you that you don't know is satisfaction enough.

Josh Hendy

What is the story behind the projection ... is it Walt cosplaying George Washington? 🤣
Screenshot_20200224-164040_Samsung Internet.jpg

TP2000

Addictive, isn't it?

I knew this thread would get more fun eventually! :D

What is the story behind the projection ... is it Walt cosplaying George Washington? 🤣
View attachment 451632

I have no idea! I think the Imagineers wanted to infuse the new 1901 lounge with as much "Walt" as possible, since the main Club 33 across the way has Walt seeping out of its pores naturally. But the projection thing seemed a tad gimmicky to me. Although the thought was nice.

Here's a YouTube video of it in action...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I knew this thread would get more fun eventually! :D

I have no idea! I think the Imagineers wanted to infuse the new 1901 lounge with as much "Walt" as possible, since the main Club 33 across the way has Walt seeping out of its pores naturally. But the projection thing seemed a tad gimmicky to me. Although the thought was nice.

Here's a YouTube video of it in action...

Wow.. that's pretty bad. So many other better shadow and silhouette effects done in the parks and this is what they came up with? wow..

I did like the other small touches you highlighted.

rowrbazzle

I'm not sure about how many children are allowed on the membership, but I do know there's a cutoff age for them at some point in their 20's (and they need to be pushed out of the nest anyway). I imagine that it's not unlimited kids on a membership, so at the third or fourth child the member would just need to purchase an additional Premiere AP to go along with the other kids. And if that pushes them over the edge of not penciling out for the family vacation budget, then a Club 33 membership probably wasn't a wise investment for them to begin with.

I know there is a limit to how many guests a member can bring into the club facilities at any one time, but I think it's around 10 or so, so even the Brady Bunch could go into the club together if Mr. Brady was a member.

Yeah. I guess I figured if I'm dropping 33k + 15k/year or whatever it is, I'd like to have all three of my kids (who are little) included. Limiting it to four seemed a little nickle-and-diming to me. 🤷‍♂️ Mostly I was just hoping one of the members here would tell me I was wrong so I could consider the unrealistic outcome of me as a member to be just a little less unrealistic.

Josh Hendy

This has a Haunted Mansion vibe ... do all the knickknacks have a theme park tie-in? I mean, is that the "lore"?

And I wonder if the weeding out of unsuitable members had something to do with people selling their Club 33 souvenirs.
20200224_173028.jpg

Parker in NYC

As an example of the little extras and niceties that are extended throughout the year to club members at WDW and Disneyland, I'm starting a new series that I'm calling TP2000 Spills The Beans!

Here is a Christmas ornament that was given to me by the member who hosted me on that fun evening a couple years ago. Our visit was in October, 2017 and a few months later my friend gave me this ornament that the club gave him and his wife. (His membership is rather transactional for him; he does it for his wife and her friends who are club members, and as he's a good husband he goes along for the ride and enjoys a quiet place in the park to have a Scotch and a snooze).

The ornament was in a very nice presentation box with the Club 33 50th anniversary logo (the 50th Anniversary was in 2017, and so this was the Christmas '17 ornament).

View attachment 451614

Inside the box was a vellum card with the holiday greeting from Club 33 to its members, plus a nice Christmas tree ornament.

View attachment 451615

The ornament is of very high quality, made of heavy metal and plated in lovely ceramics and metals with a raised Club 33 logo on it. This wasn't a cheap piece to have produced.

View attachment 451616

I will admit that I didn't hang this on my tree that year, or any year. (To be honest the thing is so darn heavy that even though I always get a sturdy Noble Fir, I don't think a natural branch could support it) But it was a very nice thought and I keep it in the dining room credenza and when they stop by at Christmas I place it out on the centerpiece as a gesture.

But that's the sort of little extras and bobbles that Club 33 doles out to its members throughout the year. They are really, really good at this sort of thing, and they go for a high quality look and feel to anything with the Club 33 logo on it. I do commend them for that, and it's always fun to get some little gift like this in the mail as a surprise. The Club 33 management group knows what they are doing to keep their members happy and bubbling about the latest gift!

I can't get over how gorgeous this is. Perfectly art nouveau/Belle Epoque. It reminds me a lot of Disney's New Amsterdam theater in NY (though photos don't nearly do it justice).

new+amsterdam+int+room+L.jpg

NewAmsterdamNYC8.jpg

Disney-Tour-Christopher-Postlewaite-04.jpg

tour01.jpg

new+amsterdam+int+grand+foyer+L.jpg

Side note: more beautiful than any Club 33. ;) Well, I've only been to Disneyland's back in 2004 -- and loved it -- but still, not as beautiful as this theater.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And honestly... the bar I goto no more than 3-4 times a month the bartenders know me by name and my favorite drinks. I appreciate the level of service by having that... but I don't think one needs to be country club level and above to see that kind of service detail. Heck, it's still service you get on the cruise ships for just being a normal guest.

rowrbazzle

I really don't understand the bickering. It seems reasonable for folks to try to determine the value of the benefits. Of course it's not purely economic, but that's part of it. Otherwise they'd just give away memberships based on a lottery.

I appreciate the insight that's been provided by members (and guests). The description of how easy and relaxing it was to use one's benefits for a day in the park sounds really nice. The information about the food options (or lack thereof) is also informative.

Given that certain elements and benefits still seem to be unknown, why wouldn't there remain questions for members?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yeah. I guess I figured if I'm dropping 33k + 15k/year or whatever it is, I'd like to have all three of my kids (who are little) included. Limiting it to four seemed a little nickle-and-diming to me. 🤷‍♂️ Mostly I was just hoping one of the members here would tell me I was wrong so I could consider the unrealistic outcome of me as a member to be just a little less unrealistic.

if you could just buy the AP and have them included in the other linked perks.. what's the big deal? If they just say 'pay the extra fee' it should be inconsequential for the type of audience this is aimed at. The issue would be is if they forced a limit on your scope that excluded you from being able to treat all of your family equally.

Parker in NYC

I really don't understand the bickering. It seems reasonable for folks to try to determine the value of the benefits. Of course it's not purely economic, but that's part of it. Otherwise they'd just give away memberships based on a lottery.

I appreciate the insight that's been provided by members (and guests). The description of how easy and relaxing it was to use one's benefits for a day in the park sounds really nice. The information about the food options (or lack thereof) is also informative.

Given that certain elements and benefits still seem to be unknown, why wouldn't there remain questions for members?

To me, it's about the exclusivity more than anything. That us vs. them thing. And getting to be "them" has its own dopamine effect for certain folks. But I think trying to rationalize the perks is like reading how certain folks rationalize paying for club level by thinking they'll make up for it by having breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. If that's the kind of thinking, it just isn't the place for you. Some wine and beer with bowls of M&Ms and peanuts? Dinner canapes served for, like, 2 hours? Some cereal and mini muffins at breakfast? That's been my experience at the Poly and the Boardwalk.

You buy into places like Club 33 when you don't even have to think twice about it. At least, that's my take.

trainplane3

The club members I've known do enjoy treating friends and family! It's a fun perk for them to extend. I know that most members see great value in being able to gift those types of experiences, and at least at Disneyland it's often a business associate or an important client that is the beneficiary. And at least in SoCal, dinner at Club 33 is the golden ticket to a happy client base!
Not even close to the same level as 33 but taking people up to the DVC Imagination lounge is something I really like doing. It's still something people don't realize is there (even though it's clearly marked). Our little forum get together a few months ago seemed to enjoy it.

Treating people to random things is honestly a lot of fun.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You buy into places like Club 33 when you don't even have to think twice about it. At least, that's my take.

We bought into things like beach houses, boats, sports, etc.. rather than tying ourselves to the central FL swamp. Same reason I've never seriously considered DVC. I can't fathom wanting that park experience so frequently. Back when Disney was a beacon for service excellence? Ok, I'd consider it as a vacation escape ... but since the 90s? Meh.. I can goto Vegas and be treated better... I can buy an ocean estate for cheaper than Golden Oak and actually have space, views, activities, etc.

The perks for when I want Disney sound nice.. but I just don't want Disney that much. Nor do I like sinking money into things I rarely use.

Parker in NYC

We bought into things like beach houses, boats, sports, etc.. rather than tying ourselves to the central FL swamp. Same reason I've never seriously considered DVC. I can't fathom wanting that park experience so frequently. Back when Disney was a beacon for service excellence? Ok, I'd consider it as a vacation escape ... but since the 90s? Meh.. I can goto Vegas and be treated better... I can buy an ocean estate for cheaper than Golden Oak and actually have space, views, activities, etc.

The perks for when I want Disney sound nice.. but I just don't want Disney that much. Nor do I like sinking money into things I rarely use.

Oh, I agree entirely. 33 and DVC don't appeal to me at all. Especially when, as you say, there are far better ways to spend your vacation funds. More options, more rewards, and better service than you'd ever find at Disney in the last 15 years.

And an aside. Have you seen those Golden Oak monstrosities? I had to take a dramamine for the nausea.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Have you seen those Golden Oak monstrosities? I had to take a dramamine for the nausea.

I'm sure there are some very nice homes... articles I've read have mentioned some very over the top custom Disney builds inside the homes. But from a community standpoint it looks like most subdivisions to me... big homes on small lots. Great for the idea of 'someone else manages the grounds' - but they seem to lack the things I'd want in a high end vacation getaway. Like great outdoor spaces, pools, recreation, etc. If I wanted a retirement community.. maybe? But for my getaway spots I want more inclusive experiences onsite.. or actually have the locale/nature be a big part of the draw. Simple 'country club' neat and tidy grounds aren't a getaway to me.

Cabin in the mountains... beach front... those are more my style. I already live in suburbia.. I don't want to vacation there too :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom