News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And with that, I'm bowing out of this thread for now.

It's no longer informational. It's combative and turned into an echo chamber of envy.
Can’t speak for the thread as a whole. But I can make a promise here and now....

I promise I am not the least bit envious of your WDW33 membership. A private club at a declining amusement park complex is not for me.

I know it makes you feel nice to say these things, so I’ll leave you to it.

TrainsOfDisney

And with that, I'm bowing out of this thread for now.

It's no longer informational. It's combative and turned into an echo chamber of envy.

Since you quoted my post above as “one of two posters” I’m sorry that you think I brought the thread down. Outside of club33 I think we’d get along quite well based on your posts elsewhere on the site. You’re a Cirque fan and a Joe Rohde fan correct?

Animaniac93-98

A private club at a declining amusement park complex is not for me.

This.

Paying for Club 33 will not improve the overall experience of the parks.

It will not make Disney build more rides. Or have more staff working at the registers. Or improve the selection of merchandise. Or fix any broken ride effects. Or update the decades old shows at Hollywood Studios.

But you'll get top treatment when you visit that one lounge in each park.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Paying for Club 33 will not improve the overall experience of the parks.
It certainly does for the member and his/her guests. It makes DL and WDW much more like the olden days when you could go on a weekday in slow season and practically have the park to yourself... or so it seemed.

It's a crowd-eraser.

And if you can afford it, seems like a great way to do it.

But like many things in life, if you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it.

I still contend that WDW was just 45 years late to the table to [pick one depending on your point of view]
(a) exploit that group who can afford it, or
(b) offer these amenities to the old money and/or nouveau riche.

Animaniac93-98

It certainly does for the member and his/her guests. It makes DL and WDW much more like the olden days when you could go on a weekday in slow season and practically have the park to yourself... or so it seemed.

It's a crowd-eraser.

There was more to the older WDW experience than shorter lines.

trainplane3

I for one, hope this thread continues without judgement on personal and/or financial choices.

I've enjoyed reading from members or members' friends who have experienced Club 33. This subject has always intrigued me.
Same here. Would I ever spend that much to be in GO and WDW33? Probably not. If I hit the lottery, invested properly, and watched the numbers go up over the years? Probably. But if they can afford it, good on them. I like hearing the inner-workings. I'm not sure why some are giving the guy (I assume, based off the username) a hard time.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Same here. Would I ever spend that much to be in GO and WDW33? Probably not. If I hit the lottery, invested properly, and watched the numbers go up over the years? Probably. But if they can afford it, good on them. I like hearing the inner-workings. I'm not sure why some are giving the guy (I assume, based off the username) a hard time.
Yeah, I don't think I could join any time soon either, haha! So, getting a peek-in, is very interesting to me too.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don’t think anyone was giving him a hard time. Until he stopped being civil that is.

DDLand

I don’t think anyone was giving him a hard time. Until he stopped being civil that is.
I think my joke was the straw that broke the camel’s back. I just thought it was funny because @TP2000 ’s characterization seemed right on point. What is it we’re missing? Multiple attempts to ask questions were turned down with “you just don’t or can’t understand.”

At least that’s how it felt to me. My apologies Club 33 peeps. No ill feelings towards you, but maybe a few towards Disney. You’re just the consumer. Club 33 at Walt Disney World kind of feels like when Apple released the 20k Apple Watch. Apple products had always been pricey, but they were still attainable. Suddenly, Apple’s loyal customers were no longer able to buy the flagship product. It was exclusive when Apple products had always been more accessible.

Years later, Apple is still haunted by the marketing fallout related to the Gold Apple Watch. It’s a sign of further product stratification that really is becoming excessive. Same with WDW and Club 33. People started to believe phrases like “Disneyland is your land” and “every guest a VIP.” It’s obvious what a “VIP” is and it’s not every guest.

Though you’ll call me “jealous” or tell me “Disney is a business.” Sure...

TP2000

The biggest value I see for the club, and this is based on both the Florida and California versions- Is the ability to invite friends and family to go to Disney with you, as part of your membership. The experience TP2000 wrote about for example, and Benjamin mentioned getting to take family on a ultimate Disney trip.... that I see the value in.

It definitely has value for folks! That six hour long visit I made with club members was very memorable and a fun way to see the parks, so memorable that once I started thinking back on that visit a couple years ago I was surprised at how many details I remembered. Plus a few more that I left off that little summary, just for brevity.

I just thought it was funny because @TP2000 ’s characterization seemed right on point. What is it we’re missing? Multiple attempts to ask questions were turned down with “you just don’t or can’t understand.”

Yes, and judging by a couple private notes I got today, that summary of my Club 33 visit experience seemed to be very appreciated by some folks here reading this thread but not necessarily posting in it. So I am glad to oblige!

And again, that summary I posted of my very fun visit with a club member seems to capture every major element of a Club 33 membership both contractually and culturally, with the exception of private parties and the annual five VIP Tour allotment that can be used by members or gifted to their friends/family.

What are we missing here? It seems to be a problematic question that WDW members don't want to answer for some reason. That's odd, but apparently the question hits a nerve somehow. :oops:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It definitely has value for folks! That six hour long visit I made with club members was very memorable and a fun way to see the parks, so memorable that once I started thinking back on that visit a couple years ago I was surprised at how many details I remembered. Plus a few more that I left off that little summary, just for brevity.

Yes, and judging by a couple private notes I got today, that summary of my Club 33 visit experience seemed to be very appreciated by some folks here reading this thread but not necessarily posting in it. So I am glad to oblige!

And again, that summary I posted of my very fun visit with a club member seems to capture every major element of a Club 33 membership both contractually and culturally, with the exception of private parties and the annual five VIP Tour allotment that can be used by members or gifted to their friends/family.

What are we missing here? It seems to be a problematic question that WDW members don't want to answer for some reason. That's odd, but apparently the question hits a nerve somehow. :oops:
I appreciate you sharing your experience at Club 33, Disneyland. Memorable is the right word! Also liked the pictures you posted a few pages back.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My purpose for posting was to generically clear up a couple of widely spread misconceptions, not to be the club's defender

You keep saying that... and then answer and make completely vague statements about perks or how you benefit.

And you wonder why these misconceptions continue? You’re not clearing anything up... just saying “you are wrong”

TP2000

I appreciate you sharing your experience at Club 33, Disneyland. Memorable is the right word! Also liked the pictures you posted a few pages back.

My pleasure! It was a fun and unique way to visit the parks with some old friends.

One of the little things I didn't mention is that in 1901 at the bar in the back of the speakeasy they have antique directors chairs with the names Walt and Lillian on them, with another pair on the other side of the bar that said Roy and Edna. I thought that was very clever!

IMAG1812.jpg

That 1901 bar had a great bartender with appropriately top shelf liquors and liquers on offer too. I found this video on YouTube of how they make a Manhattan. Bear in mind, this is the exact same recipe they use for the Manhattans in the next door Carthay Circle Lounge that is open to the public (Bulleit rye, Carpano vermouth, angostura, luxardo cherries, ice sphere), but at 1901 they roll out on a little cart and prepare the Manhattan tableside for you with a little bit of patter. Again, just a nice touch of showmanship.

There was also a lighting effect in 1901 that had Walt Disney appearing briefly in shadow in a hallway, which was kind of creepy but also kind of cool.

Last edited:

TP2000

Okay, now I'm geeking out, but my friend showed me the antique memorandums from the Walt Disney Studios circa 1930's that they have under the glass on end tables and cocktail tables placed around the 1901 speakeasy rooms. And yes, the glass top was lifted up and I got to hold the memos up close. They were most definitely not reproductions.

1901-122.jpg

Here's one of the 1901 memos from 1935 advising Walt's animators that the censor board has dictated that cartoons must not show belly buttons any more. Scandalous! 🤣

1901-123.jpg

CPS17

No nerve struck, no need to be so nonplussed. I wondered the same things myself and found out during my interview. Out of respect to other members and Disney, I haven't and won't give details.

You keep saying that... and then answer and make completely vague statements about perks or how you benefit.

And you wonder why these misconceptions continue? You’re not clearing anything up... just saying “you are wrong”

That's being intentionally obtuse - it's abundantly clear what I value from my membership from the generalities I made. You also don't need a dissertation on the earth's shape to be authoritatively told it's not flat. These misconceptions continue b/c they're often told by those who love to fan the flames. I've followed this thread for a long time and it's not a coincidence that the same posters who hurled insults at will changed their tone to "I'm just soooo curious!" once a couple people who have actual knowledge showed up and publicly pushed back. So maybe the next time one of these posters says "C33 has *insert carefully framed negative* it must be because Disney *insert most evil reason*" the casual reader will see it for what it is - cynical wordsmithing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's being intentionally obtuse - it's abundantly clear what I value from my membership from the generalities I made. You also don't need a dissertation on the earth's shape to be authoritatively told it's not flat. These misconceptions continue b/c they're often told by those who love to fan the flames

Then you don't get to point at 'widely spread misconceptions' and flaws of people for not knowing when you intentionally avoid contributing to the solution.

These misconceptions 'continue' due to a lack of information. People work with what they have.

Your tone is like the child that likes to run around going "I know a secret..." and revels in keeping others in the dark.

Why the secrecy?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom