The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 451473Hey gang! I hope you all had a good weekend. This weekend we went to Illinois to visit his family since the Christmas in December got cancelled. On Saturday we didn’t have to be at his Sister’s until about noon so we stopped by the Morton Arboretum and it was nice, it would be nicer in the spring but the grounds were interesting. We got in free with reciprocal admission with our Arboretum membership so the price was right. There was a special troll hunt too, six different trolls “hidden” on the grounds which were fun to find. Here are a few pictures.

View attachment 451457View attachment 451459View attachment 451461View attachment 451462View attachment 451463View attachment 451465View attachment 451466View attachment 451467View attachment 451468
Thank you but I still miss 1582563464025.png

KBLovedDisney

I'm puzzled... why are you not referring to them as X-friends. I would. I wouldn't say anything to them unless they asked, however, It would be the end of any contact on my part. There are millions of people out there. Make some new friends.
These are the people we've been friends with for a few years now, tell everything to everybody type of friends/have each other's back kinda people. That's why this was beyond shocking. It's like we had a select group within our group and it took this for us to realize that. We tried to justify it saying that maybe this select group goes back years (like high school) and we aren't really that close...

Still sucks.

Goofyernmost

These are the people we've been friends with for a few years now, tell everything to everybody type of friends/have each other's back kinda people. That's why this was beyond shocking. It's like we had a select group within our group and it took this for us to realize that. We tried to justify it saying that maybe this select group goes back years (like high school) and we aren't really that close...

Still sucks.
I agree, I guess it is important enough to you, which it seems to be, you have to ask why you weren't included or at least asked. There might be an answer that is logical and you can deal with, than you don't have to carry that upset around with you.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, what's worse is that one of the friends is actually a relative. We aren't sure why we weren't even asked just for mere advice since they had never been to the World. If they did that at the get-go, it would have probably made things easier, but they kept everything secretive.

They also tried to ask us for advice for a pick between better parks for MK or Epcot two days ago.

Salt in the wound.😣
My dh's cousins did that to us once. They didn't invite us because they thought we'd have too many opinions on what to do
They had a horrid time and wound up eating hot dogs and fries for a week. They paid for the dining plan. They also miss important meet and greets and waited for HOURS on the longest lines Guess who we don't feel sorry for

StarWarsGirl

My dh's cousins did that to us once. They didn't invite us because they thought we'd have too many opinions on what to do
They had a horrid time and wound up eating hot dogs and fries for a week. They paid for the dining plan. They also miss important meet and greets and waited for HOURS on the longest lines Guess who we don't feel sorry for
We have a policy around WDW. Our trips run like clockwork. Our friends know when we are going. If they want to join us, we'll give them the dates and add them to the ADRs if they want. We're clear on that our plan is our plan. They are more than welcome to join us, but if they want to split up and do something different, we will not be offended. We also don't change our dates to accommodate someone else because of booking 11 months out. If they choose to go at a different time because of work or whatnot, they know we won't go, so they don't ask. We also don't offer advice unless asked. And if someone asks me, even at like work, I won't give general advice; you have to ask me something specific.

We've had people who've planned the same week as us and others who haven't. The only exception my parents ever made for this rule was changing a trip from January to February because friends who had been multiple times before with us asked about a year in advance, and they did end up coming. It sounds like a tough love policy, but it's saved a lot of hurt feelings over the years.

I have this same policy around Hershey Park. I go and I don't invite people. My friends know that I go and are more than welcome to join me, but I only go on weekends, and I ride everything minus the stupid Pirate Ship. If there's something they don't want to ride, they can wait. I will not be offended. Pretty much the only person who regularly comes with B and me is a friend of his who rides everything. Fun kid actually, and he's really sweet with B.

MySmallWorldof4

So the cheer drama continues. A parent spread a rumor that a coach at the gym (she was in charge of cheer until she took herself out cause of all the drama), that she went in a rage and took down cheer banners and the kids pictures and dumped them in the dumpster. I couldn’t believe this. For a few minutes I thought she had gone off her rocker and I am friendly with her. I consider her a friend actually. So dh and I drove to the gym yesterday and lo and behold the rumor was a lie. This coach was there and I spoke with her and told her the whole story. She was in shock. Also found out that some current families helped fund the new gym. These are parents who started the rumor and also solicited families. I am asking this question of you. Do you not think that these parents will have influence on the coaches as to team placement and positions of kids? I think they will. I cannot put my kid in that environment. The current gym is done with cheer for at least a year. I asked this coach to give me other gyms to consider. Why are they all 40 miles away?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

It's kinda sad that this is the way Disney is. Honestly, it shouldn't take this much planning. BUT I'm very thankful I put in the time and thought so when I get there we have a great time.

Cesar R M

wow, talk about karma.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So the cheer drama continues. A parent spread a rumor that a coach at the gym (she was in charge of cheer until she took herself out cause of all the drama), that she went in a rage and took down cheer banners and the kids pictures and dumped them in the dumpster. I couldn’t believe this. For a few minutes I thought she had gone off her rocker and I am friendly with her. I consider her a friend actually. So dh and I drove to the gym yesterday and lo and behold the rumor was a lie. This coach was there and I spoke with her and told her the whole story. She was in shock. Also found out that some current families helped fund the new gym. These are parents who started the rumor and also solicited families. I am asking this question of you. Do you not think that these parents will have influence on the coaches as to team placement and positions of kids? I think they will. I cannot put my kid in that environment. The current gym is done with cheer for at least a year. I asked this coach to give me other gyms to consider. Why are they all 40 miles away?
{{HUGS}} and sending my extra large frying pan

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's kinda sad that this is the way Disney is. Honestly, it shouldn't take this much planning. BUT I'm very thankful I put in the time and thought so when I get there we have a great time.
It was even worse for them. This was pre magic bands, only same day paper fast passes, they stayed off site, rental car and parking costs, we could have driven down and sponsored rooms SOG, their rooms cost more than a value, 180 for ADRs was a thing but it wasn't the cluster it is now, they never even made it to France and part of the reason for the trip was one of the kids was studying French, heck they didn't even make it back to WS while in EPCOT. Picking up a park map would have helped lol.

21stamps

Those parents should be banned, and inadvertently their kids will as well. That has to be breaking some kind of behavioral contract!!

21stamps

My mom has done 0 planning. My sister is doing it all. I planned most of her trip last time, so I really hope it works out.
They are not itinerary type people. She didn’t use most of what I did for her last year, but they had a great time anyway.

The closer it gets the more I’m starting to freak out about it. I have Vegas next month, in a few weeks, some 10 day vacay in late June/early July... and then a quick NYC trip in late July. I don’t even know how I’m going to find time to crash their Disney trip and get the same FPs that they have.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
My mom has done 0 planning. My sister is doing it all. I planned most of her trip last time, so I really hope it works out.
They are not itinerary type people. She didn’t use most of what I did for her last year, but they had a great time anyway.

The closer it gets the more I’m starting to freak out about it. I have Vegas next month, in a few weeks, some 10 day vacay in late June/early July... and then a quick NYC trip in late July. I don’t even know how I’m going to crash their Disney trip and get the same FPs that they have.

I've taken friends who did zero planning and it worked out really well, because I planned it. As long as someone is planning, it should be okay!

This trip we're taking friends who have done minimal planning, but they're very laid back so I'm sure they'll be okay too.

If I didn't have specific things I was trying to do, I'd likely do a whole lot less planning for this two day trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom