Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

yensidtlaw1969

There’s concern social media has whipped up a frenzy that might leave some disappointed.
It's so funny that you say that because outside of this site I feel like I've heard next to no buzz for this ride. And even here it's been less than I'd expect, though I think that's mainly because the lid has been kept so tight on the ride that we don't have much to discuss.

Or is it less that the buzz for this is too high and more that the buzz for Rise has been so high that they worry the reception for Railway will pale in comparison?

Incomudro

That makes me chuckle. When I first started going there every single attraction was not previously seen. The internet was not the magic that it is today in 1983. So I have experienced it both ways and find that each had it's own positive thing. Not seeing it before gave us a instant surprise, but, so many things were happening all at once that it was impossible to really focus on anything special. Now being able to see it on video does give us an idea of how it generally looks, but in no way does it begin to give the same experience as actually seeing it in person. The detail is so much clearer, the dimensions and colors are much more vibrant and there are so many things that you didn't see because the person with the camera was only facing one way when it actually is pretty close to a 360 degree experience. It doesn't help people with certain phobias to make a decision about riding or not. I'm not sure why that wasn't a problem back in 1983.

Oh, I absolutely agree that seeing a thing in person - the detail, the scale, the sounds and scents bring an experience to us - far in excess of what viewing a video gives us.
What I'm talking about is going into a ride for that first time and not knowing what scenes come up in what order, or in some cases how the ride mechanism might even work.
I haven't watched full videos of RotR for instance because I don't want to know how the movie goes before I ride.
Same goes for FoP. Though I know FoP has less of a plot if you will, I don't want to know the whole flight sequence ahead of time and I've even avoided viewing the transition screen at the start of the ride.
I remember the first time I rode ToT and had no idea that the elevator car was going to move forward down the hall... That shocked me!
Yes, seeing things you missed the first time around is great too - but that's a plus as well, as it makes me want to ride the ride again.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Every blogger, vlogger, cogga and mogga ran the story about a new sign. Every fan site carried it. That’s got to be at “new bench“ level of tedium but they advertised it.
Disney put put a press release, a blog post, AND a video. What do you expect them to do, NOT post about every single press release that Disney releases?

There were multiple articles on the most widely read Disney World news site about the just the planters in the pathway to the left of the castle when they did they widening project last fall. Luckily that pathway lived up to the hype! It is indeed significantly wider!

gerarar

Premium Member
Very impressed with how the loading area looked!

Some screengrabs:
Screenshot_20200217-144556_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200217-144617_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20200217-144644_YouTube.jpg

I also like how the train bell/whistle(?) constantly sways back and forth!!

Video:

SplashJacket

The capacity of this looks quite large. Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo has a high capacity with 3 independent vehicles dispatching at once with two rows of three. This essentially has the same amount of rows dispatching with 6 total rows dispatching at once, however, instead of being rows of 3 it is rows of 4.

If the dispatch rate is close to PHH it will have a respectable capacity, a first for an E-Ticket for the modern Imagineers.

Is there another train pulling up immediately behind it? Or does the attraction end with Goofy’s vehicle ending up behind you...? Or is that just what the rear vehicle looks like?

That is the next vehicle coming up immediately behind it.

Having a train instantly replace the departing train is a sign of a high dispatch which will allow it to have the high capacity mentioned above.

Time for @marni1971 swoop in and crush my dreams with a THC of 1200 :D

Correction: There are apparently 4 cars, not 3, with 8 people in each.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The capacity of this looks quite large. Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo has a high capacity with 3 independent vehicles dispatching at once with two rows of three. This essentially has the same amount of rows dispatching with 6 total rows dispatching at once, however, instead of being rows of 3 it is rows of 4.

If the dispatch rate is close to PHH it will have a respectable capacity, a first for an E-Ticket for the modern Imagineers.

That is the next vehicle coming up immediately behind it.

Having a train instantly replace the departing train is a sign of a high dispatch which will allow it to have the high capacity mentioned above.

Time for @marni1971 swoop in and crush my dreams with a THC of 1200 :D

1800-2000 pph

Did I say the THRC pitched for is around 2400? Realistically it should be around 1800-2000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom