The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
THNX but James still has a few more years of school yet. He's taking his first engineering class this semester update he saw it and said darn only a few dozen classes short
I sent it
To my DD for a smile as she holds a degree in one and a masters in two of the STEMS.
HER RESPONSE. They need cuter clothes. ;)

Love James sense of humor!

StarWarsGirl

....and... it’s done.

My son is now on a Track & Field Team for Spring.
...and travel soccer, and baseball.
Lord help me in the coming months. Self inflicted over scheduling once again.

Gotta let ‘em try it all. They’re only young once, right?? 😬
You're a nicer mom than my mom was. By middle school, my mom was like, "No, you may not do tap and ballet and jazz and orchestra and chorus. Pick two.". 😂 I ended up just doing orchestra after school in sixth grade. By seventh grade I was in the non audition after school orchestra and the chamber orchestra and the chamber choir and all county choir and we were insanely busy.

Edit: I forgot. I took piano lessons in sixth grade still. Halfway through seventh grade my piano teacher stopped teaching. She died of lung cancer. Never a smoker or anything. I never wanted to learn with anyone else, and I was really busy at that point anyway.

21stamps

You're a nicer mom than my mom was. By middle school, my mom was like, "No, you may not do tap and ballet and jazz and orchestra and chorus. Pick two.". 😂 I ended up just doing orchestra after school in sixth grade. By seventh grade I was in the non audition after school orchestra and the chamber orchestra and the chamber choir and all county choir and we were insanely busy.

Edit: I forgot. I took piano lessons in sixth grade still. Halfway through seventh grade my piano teacher stopped teaching. She died of lung cancer. Never a smoker or anything. I never wanted to learn with anyone else, and I was really busy at that point anyway.

My parents rule growing up was this- we could play sports year round, they encouraged it, but we had to limit to one per season + 1 speciality which encompasses most of the year. My speciality was diving, , but volleyball and soccer were definitely tied for second under diving. I played basketball and softball too though, thru 8th grade.

My sister played travel soccer from age 7, and also gymnastics on the national team so also a lot of travel. After 4th grade they made her give up the school sports for those 2, it was too much at that point.

My brother never had a select sport, he just played school sports year round, one per season.

I figure since I only have one kid I can be a little more flexible with how many sports he can play at once. It will narrow down in the next few years though. Right now there’s new sports every year, next year he’s old enough for school golf. I just want him to experience it all and then choose what’s most important once he gets to 6th or 7th grade. Soccer and baseball will probably remain conflicting seasons though, but if he makes high school teams then they won’t be.

Edit- “all” does not include hockey 😂😂. That’s been a firm NO and will remain a firm no.

Last edited:

21stamps

I just read your edit. Oh wow, I’m so sorry about your teacher! How horrible.

I love playing the piano, but you do not want to hear me sing...lol. I’m so jealous of people who can play AND sing. That’s really neat!

Figgy1

Premium Member

I could sign up for anything and everything. Everything was within walking distance:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom