The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

I’m debating joining the YMCA. Did a one week free pass to see if we’ll really utilize it.
So, we went tonight before basketball practice. Talked to the front desk about what T can do. Unfortunately, age 9 is the first year where they’re aged out of the daycare, but too young for a bracelet to have free reign. :(

He said he’s ok with that and just wants to work out in the gym with me, and swim, and play basketball. Also unfortunately, the majority of open swim and open basketball court time slots are not conducive to our schedule at all. He says he’s ok with that too.
We worked out for an hour together, elliptical, pull up bar, stretch bars, and ran on a treadmill. While on the elliptical he says “This is awesome, mom. I can feel myself getting stronger. This is going to get me some serious fit bod and I’m going to be such a threat on the pitch.” 😂🤦‍♀️

I don’t know though.., to join a YMCA, when we’ll mostly be using it as a gym, doesn’t sound like a great idea to me. Main reason is because he has to be on whatever equipment I am on, which means I can’t do any of the weight machines.

What would you do? Anyone have a Y membership?

Tony the Tigger

Valentines' Day: half price (shush!) tickets to the Yacht Rock concert at a local theater, plus club level upgrade (hors d'ouvres & unlimited beer/wine/cawfee/tea/soda. Mixed drinks supposedly discounted, I'll stick with the wine.) Seeing Ambrosia, Stephen Bishop, John Ford Coley (of England Dan & John Ford Coley) and the lead singer from Player. It's 70's mellow rock heaven!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I’m debating joining the YMCA. Did a one week free pass to see if we’ll really utilize it.
So, we went tonight before basketball practice. Talked to the front desk about what T can do. Unfortunately, age 9 is the first year where they’re aged out of the daycare, but too young for a bracelet to have free reign. :(

He said he’s ok with that and just wants to work out in the gym with me, and swim, and play basketball. Also unfortunately, the majority of open swim and open basketball court time slots are not conducive to our schedule at all. He says he’s ok with that too.
We worked out for an hour together, elliptical, pull up bar, stretch bars, and ran on a treadmill. While on the elliptical he says “This is awesome, mom. I can feel myself getting stronger. This is going to get me some serious fit bod and I’m going to be such a threat on the pitch.” 😂🤦‍♀️

I don’t know though.., to join a YMCA, when we’ll mostly be using it as a gym, doesn’t sound like a great idea to me. Main reason is because he has to be on whatever equipment I am on, which means I can’t do any of the weight machines.

What would you do? Anyone have a Y membership?
I don't think it would be a good use of your time or money with the restrictions. IMHO

Figgy1

Premium Member
Valentines' Day: half price (shush!) tickets to the Yacht Rock concert at a local theater, plus club level upgrade (hors d'ouvres & unlimited beer/wine/cawfee/tea/soda. Mixed drinks supposedly discounted, I'll stick with the wine.) Seeing Ambrosia, Stephen Bishop, John Ford Coley (of England Dan & John Ford Coley) and the lead singer from Player. It's 70's mellow rock heaven!
Please adopt me stock pots included;)

21stamps

I don't think it would be a good use of your time or money with the restrictions. IMHO

The only reason I’m still considering it is because of the following-
pool in the summer (but we can literally be at King’s Island Soak City turnstiles in 10 minutes, so not huge advantage) , and because Tristan really wants to go to a gym, he’s not old enough to go to a Planet Fitness, and I’m not about to join a ANW-type gym. It would be awesome to work out together sometimes, but he wouldn’t go as often as I would anyway.. and that’s an expensive gym membership.

Thanks for weighing in! I think your opinion will also be mine in the end. I’ll see what else we do in the next 6 days and then come up with my final decision.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

donaldtoo

OK, as @Cesar R M would post, plot twist...!!! ;)

I talked to my youngest bro Monday night. He was helping my folks move out of the hotel and into their temporary house down the street yesterday. Oldest DD wanted me to make sure he secured a few more things in the house that needed to be salvaged, especially some pics that had yet to be removed (that I thought already had been).
Youngest bro called me this afternoon, and let me know that he had. Nobody is really supposed to be in there because of the disruption of the asbestos, but, that’s really just a CYA thing, as short term exposure is usually a none-issue, and we’ve worn masks. Obviously, oldest DD isn’t even gonna’ chance it, and she is still b r e a s tfeeding Emy.
When I mentioned to him about the house being razed to the slab, he replied that he didn’t think that had been finalized yet. Yet, according to recent convos with my next youngest bro and pop, that was what I was told was the case... :cyclops:
Sooo, I finally talked to the head of the remediation team today first hand...something I should have done at least a week ago, but, was under the impression my input wouldn’t be needed until a bit later in the whole process... :facepalm:
The entire house will not only not have to be razed to the slab, according to him, but, less than 50% will have to be torn down and rebuilt, with the majority of that being the roof and roof structure...WTH...?!?!?! :bored:
The home, will have to be gutted sheetrock/drywall-wise, of course, but it can be completely remediated from the asbestos, as it was only in the Sheetrock/drywall mud, and nowhere else.
Also, the remediation company has already taken laser (a tool we use at our firm for remodels as well) as-built measurements of everything floor plan-wise, even though most all of the framing will be retained. Also, I put the head of remediation in touch with a specialty wood company that can, hopefully, find woods that will give mom the warmth that she (and all of us...y’all have seen the pics) want back in the home.
And, that is the one and only focus in all of this...our dear mother. Pop just wants mom to be satisfied with it all. Pop has done everything over their years together in that home to make the main house hers, and has relegated his need to “collect” to the garage and his 3 sheds. But, they have also done everything over the years together to make the house a warm and welcoming haven to all.
The head of the remediation team also said that my folks house very much reminded him of his grandfathers house (I will take him on his word for this), and that it will all be taken care of properly.
In short (wait...wayyyyyy too late...!!!!! :hilarious:), there has definitely been a plot twist...and definitely for the better.
I and the head of the remediation team are now in total communication, and are just waiting for the insurance company to give the go ahead.

I was mostly just trying not to butt my head in too much, and let things settle a bit, as I’m the eldest child. From now on though, my big butt is, gently, in there...!!!!! :D;):hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom