News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

SUCCESS!!!!!!

Only 1 effect not working properly but it’s B mode is totally acceptable and not a huge departure from the standard mode

when Kylo walks towards you with saber in hand, it took 1-2 seconds and he simply dropped into place instead and then your elevator door closes. If you’ve never been on the ride or watched a POV of it, you would have no idea this was even a B mode. Well done substitution and doesn’t detract from the experience at all. Saber effect in elevator was functioning normal after that 🤩🤩🤩

And not only am I TIED with Ric Flair, I feel like this as well

BDC9D71A-4AC4-4363-9159-E197D0A5E44D.gif

@PeoplemoverTTA , nothing would be better then Garrett getting a ring with Giants and rubbing it in Jerry’s face 😜😜😜

But we can agree on: thanks Clowney. 🤩🤩🤩

Last edited:

relic827

It won’t be a problem once they demolish that building and extend Star Wars land into Grand Avenue to be an area based on the original trilogy.
This wouldn’t surprise me down the road, but isn’t MV3D getting refurbed next month? That wouldn’t seem to indicate that they’re thinking of shutting it down anytime soon...

Viget

Random question for those of you like me who were in agony on Friday with the boarding groups. They stopped at 70 and I just got on. I noticed that when I got on at like 730 pm or so, there were only 3 or 4 cast members arranging folks into groups for interrogation in our hallway. When I rode the next day, there were twice as many.

Now I guess it could just be because it was getting late, but for anyone else who rode Friday earlier in the day, was it like that? Were there fewer cast members assisting with interrogations?

DarkMetroid567

Random question for those of you like me who were in agony on Friday with the boarding groups. They stopped at 70 and I just got on. I noticed that when I got on at like 730 pm or so, there were only 3 or 4 cast members arranging folks into groups for interrogation in our hallway. When I rode the next day, there were twice as many.

Now I guess it could just be because it was getting late, but for anyone else who rode Friday earlier in the day, was it like that? Were there fewer cast members assisting with interrogations?

There are typically fewer at night because less guests are riding.

KevinPage

Right loading path. Never had a group this early so there was only 4 people in my vehicle (it holds 8) and 6 in the other one. Guess when you get there so early they don’t have enough people to fill them up yet (confirmed with ride op as I exited).

All effects were working, no B modes. Good to see they troubleshoot/fix things overnight 🤩🤩🤩

Until next weekend👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Viget

There are typically fewer at night because less guests are riding.

Not in this case. Because of all the delays that day, the outdoor queue was completely full. We waited an hour in line to ride, and that’s with the line going at a pretty good clip.

Yet, mysteriously there were far fewer cast members working it that night than the next day, when we were lucky enough to ride again.

ninjaprincesst

So, are people being given free admission for another day if their group doesn’t get called? And they were not in a “backup group?”

We were in guest relations last week for something and I overheard someone being given a comped day. I figured something pretty extraordinary must have happened.
The people I talked to were given a free park hopper for future use and a fastpass for ROTR which from what the said was not so much a fastpass in the traditional sense but a pass to come back and join the currently boarding groups .

KevinPage

And a few notes about today’s ride......

once Hux and Kylo exited interrogation room there was a good 10-15 second delay we could hear noises and stuff from the next room. Once the door cutout was triggered, as we entered ride vehicles Finn was already chatting on screen (different dialogue), then before dispatch he came back to give his usual escape route speil.

After we landed and going around corner to exit ride, we see Beck, but there was a slight delay of about 5 seconds and Finn is told Beck’s escape pod crash landed and he freaks out until told Beck is okay. Normally you just hear Finn saying you are part of the Resistance and he wants “all eyes on Beck” (before Beck welcomes you back).

And silly me, Beck is there in the same escape pod you launched from as well. Never made that connection until today’s dialogue 😜

Cool to hear these extra random bits of dialogue built into the ride 🤩🤩🤩

KevinPage

Backups closed about 8:40

88 and above are backups. I’m wondering why the low number? We haven’t seen a number that low in a while.

Based on the fact that I got BG 13 and had to reload app 3 times and 2 families next to me got 10, I’m hypothesizing that they allotted more people per BG, meaning they needed less BG in general. Also, I’m thinking they are getting a higher hourly capacity ironed out.

And as of 10:30 they are already at 58, means barring something crazy they will blow through everything.

Don’t discount Disney PR managing expectations and telling those who are not guaranteed “hey you get to ride” creates lot of goodwill 🤩🤩🤩

disneygeek90

And a few notes about today’s ride......

once Hux and Kylo exited interrogation room there was a good 10-15 second delay we could hear noises and stuff from the next room. Once the door cutout was triggered, as we entered ride vehicles Finn was already chatting on screen (different dialogue), then before dispatch he came back to give his usual escape route speil.

After we landed and going around corner to exit ride, we see Beck, but there was a slight delay of about 5 seconds and Finn is told Beck’s escape pod crash landed and he freaks out until told Beck is okay. Normally you just hear Finn saying you are part of the Resistance and he wants “all eyes on Beck” (before Beck welcomes you back).

And silly me, Beck is there in the same escape pod you launched from as well. Never made that connection until today’s dialogue 😜

Cool to hear these extra random bits of dialogue built into the ride 🤩🤩🤩
A couple weeks back on one of my rides we had a lengthy delay right at the end. Maybe 45 seconds before Beck came online. Finn truly freaks out the longer you go without hearing from Beck. It goes on for quite a while, the whole thing was really cool to hear. It’s like he can’t believe we went through all that and we didn’t make it all out, actually really sweet how concerned he was and then it makes his “Beck! You’re alive!”All that more impactful 😭

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Based on the fact that I got BG 13 and had to reload app 3 times and 2 families next to me got 10, I’m hypothesizing that they allotted more people per BG, meaning they needed less BG in general. Also, I’m thinking they are getting a higher hourly capacity ironed out.

And as of 10:30 they are already at 58, means barring something crazy they will blow through everything.

Don’t discount Disney PR managing expectations and telling those who are not guaranteed “hey you get to ride” creates lot of goodwill 🤩🤩🤩
I was going to say I was surprised you made 13 even with an apparent delay. That could make sense, maybe they’re playing with the people/BG rate today.

That said, it appears to be moving well at group 58.

Group 57. My app had a near epic failure. When I clicked join boarding group myself was not selected and it only listed my friends to join?

I think I toggled it back, same thing. Completely closed the app and went back in but there’s no doubt that cost me at least 30 groups

Same thing happened to me. When I made the boarding group I swear I added my name to the group and after the app provided the boarding group number my name was left off the party. My brother's phone listed me as the creator of the group but not in the group. I went to a guest experience member and he scanned by band and added my name to the group with the same boarding number. The guest experience cast member was very helpful and they have the magic ipads that can fix anything.

disneygeek90

Same thing happened to me. When I made the boarding group I swear I added my name to the group and after the app provided the boarding group number my name was left off the party. My brother's phone listed me as the creator of the group but not in the group. I went to a guest experience member and he scanned by band and added my name to the group with the same boarding number. The guest experience cast member was very helpful and they have the magic ipads that can fix anything.
Weird! There was definitely a glitch then where the creator wasn’t listed at the top for whatever reason, but it was fine yesterday. I was solo that day so I couldn’t just choose every one else and have them fix it later, but I would probably do that if it happened next weekend when my family is in town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom