News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

These two things don't go together. They can't put more people in a BG and get through them faster. Willing to bet BGs are still 100.
I’m trying to figure out how he could have gotten group 13 when it’s already been proven that losing seconds can cost a 30+ group loss. Unless everyone was having the same problems today and no one got through initially.

jt04

Just hoping for the 2nd time in late April, would really like to see boarding groups hang around. The process worked really well for me back in December.

They should make them permanent across all parks for early arrivals. It creates a long list of benefits for all sides. Even if they have to limit the numbers to still allow for FP+ and other options the BGs are the fairest system. IMO.

UNCgolf

They should make them permanent across all parks for early arrivals. It creates a long list of benefits for all sides. Even if they have to limit the numbers to still allow for FP+ and other options the BGs are the fairest system. IMO.

That would be an absolute disaster for Disney.

disneygeek90

While overall I do like the BG process, I don’t want to see it heavily implemented for all attractions. FoP could benefit from it, and potentially future attractions, but I’m hoping something like MMRR or Rat would only need it for days/weeks rather than months/years like ROTR may require.

I’d actually be all for FoP keeping the same amount of fast passes as is but replacing standby with VQ. That way the resort guests can’t complain they lost their 60 day privilege but standby guests don’t have to waste 3 hours of their day in a line, and you’d likely see groups available well into the day. FoP has a posted wait right now of 225 mins on the app. Yikes.

DarkMetroid567

How do I apply for membership in this secret club?

I lead a pretty clean life but morals go out the window when it comes to getting on rides/attractions as much as possible 👿 👿 👿

and if @Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL adds you, it must be with an asterisk *** 😜😂😜

testing! since the ride opened, I’ve only been on like 5 times

so def don’t add me; I don’t even have an accurate count

Last edited:

Rob562

Random wondering about whether the Imagineers had some fun with something Guests will never see....

Are there any leaks about anything special in the shuttle interior while it resets from unload in the hangar to load outside? Normally this would be a totally empty cabin, and the interior is probably dark or lit with no video, but you know how Imagineers like to sneak things in...

Edit: sorry, realize I should've put this in the general attraction thread and not the boarding group discussion...

-Rob

Last edited:

KevinPage

Random wondering about whether the Imagineers had some fun with something Guests will never see....

Are there any leaks about anything special in the shuttle interior while it resets from unload in the hangar to load outside? Normally this would be a totally empty cabin, but you know how Imagineers like to sneak things in...

-Rob

If I was a smaller human being I’d attempt to stash myself away, but alas I’m a fairly big 🎯

disneygeek90

I wish we know the max backup BG number so we can have a % of the allotment they got through for the day.
I agree. Based on some of its best days, it’s not unreasonable to assume that 150+ is given out every day. And there’s a lot of days where it tops out at 120 called, so it’s hard to tell how many thought they had a chance in the morning and didn’t get to eventually ride.

Basically, it’s impossible really to tell how many days have called every group issued. My guess is very few.

gerarar

Premium Member
I agree. Based on some of its best days, it’s not unreasonable to assume that 150+ is given out every day. And there’s a lot of days where it tops out at 120 called, so it’s hard to tell how many thought they had a chance in the morning and didn’t get to eventually ride.

Basically, it’s impossible really to tell how many days have called every group issued. My guess is very few.
Agree, I think the max given out is around 160-170, but who knows. I firmly believe they get through about 90% of BGs, on a good day like today and yesterday. Thrill data could easily track this as they already monitor the times when BGs run out at each stage.

I would hope one day they would get in the 200’s again like on NYE, even with the given limited hours the park is running on currently.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Agree, I think the max given out is around 160-170, but who knows. I firmly believe they get through about 90% of BGs, on a good day like today and yesterday. I think thrill data could easily track this as they already monitor the times when BGs run out at each stage.

I would hope one day they would get in the 200’s again like on NYE, even with the given limited hours the park is running on currently.
Today had basically no downtime other than a late open, so that is going to have to come from increasing throughput.

Drilled into my head: OEE=Availability x performance x quality LOL. Availability and Quality were good today at WDW. (All three are apparently currently miserable in Anaheim right now)

gerarar

Premium Member
Today had basically no downtime other than a late open, so that is going to have to come from increasing throughput.

Drilled into my head: OEE=Availability x performance x quality LOL. Availability and Quality were good today at WDW. (All three are apparently currently miserable in Anaheim right now)
Don’t worry, their GE is bigger, so it makes everything better!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom