News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Agreed on the menu. For what/where it is, I'm pretty happy with the offerings. It's a nice cross section of American BBQ (again, for what it is).

The beer list is an absolute joke for a "craft beer" place, even for Disney. Even Block & Hans has more, and it's not a really great list. Heck, Dockside Margaritas in Disney Springs has more if memory serves!

Maybe (and I'm just grasping at paper straws here...), the 4 beers listed are their permanent beers and they will have 3 or 4 rotating taps in addition.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Im actually pretty amazed at some of the beer that WDW has...Considering the Coke sponsorship, Im really amazed AB or Miller-Coors hasn't bought the exclusive beer rights for the parks. Last time I was there, Cigar City, Tampa Bay Brewing, MIA and a few from other states.
Nah...they don’t want the InBev market anymore...I would expect more “microbrews” as long as they’re popular

John park hopper

Here in coastal SC pulled pork is the standard over chopped pork with a mustard based sauce rather than ketchup based and that is what I prefer. I would not say one is better than the other it's really what you have grown up with. I will hold judgement on Regal Eagle until I have tried it.

Bender123

Nah...they don’t want the InBev market anymore...I would expect more “microbrews” as long as they’re popular

Even with their reduction in sales, AB and Miller still account for about 75-80% of American Beer sales. Even with the micro boom, they are nowhere close to being a universal choice. You do have some major regional players, though, that can definitely take a chunk in specific markets, though...New Glarus in Wisconsin and Cigar City in Florida are approaching major player status and there is a second tier of "macro" that includes Pabst, Yuengling, Sam Adams/Dogfishhead, etc...

The macros only look bad because they pretty much used to have the entire market, now they only have an overwhelming amount of the market.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even with their reduction in sales, AB and Miller still account for about 75-80% of American Beer sales. Even with the micro boom, they are nowhere close to being a universal choice. You do have some major regional players, though, that can definitely take a chunk in specific markets, though...New Glarus in Wisconsin and Cigar City in Florida are approaching major player status and there is a second tier of "macro" that includes Pabst, Yuengling, Sam Adams/Dogfishhead, etc...

The macros only look bad because they pretty much used to have the entire market, now they only have an overwhelming amount of the market.
I understand...

Big fan of brew docus and print articles...

But Disney has marched on a systematic policy to charge 20% over market value - compounded - day by day if they can get away with it on ALL products.

King of beers isn’t for that “market”

“Micros” are...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here in coastal SC pulled pork is the standard over chopped pork with a mustard based sauce rather than ketchup based and that is what I prefer. I would not say one is better than the other it's really what you have grown up with. I will hold judgement on Regal Eagle until I have tried it.

Stop being so reasonable. This is the internet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom