Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

SCOTLORR

Now that Rey is confirmed to have a yellow lightsaber, Are there plans to add the voice of Rey to the yellow kyber crystal for when it is inserted into a Jedi Holocron? I'm heading to Batuu for the first time in July and I'm hoping to pick one up with Rey's voice.

kap91

Anyone know where on this forum the plans for the 3rd ride were posted? Having difficulty finding it. That is if they're still up.

Tom Morrow

Next time you go to the land and see Kylo walking around please ask him how he has or why he is even wearing a helmet at all let alone an undamaged one when he destoryed his in Last Jedi ( since this land takes place between the last 2 films and in RISE OF SKYWALKER it clearly shows him putting his back together which means he does not have spares)?? THX. Disney can't even get their own timelines right.
The next time you go to Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, ask why Voldemort is there since he was defeated in Deathly Hallows??? In fact, why is Harry even still a student at Hogwarts when we saw him grow up and have kids that he sent to Hogwarts??

I eagerly await your straw grasping and mental gymnastics to explain the difference in these situations.

Mike S

The next time you go to Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, ask why Voldemort is there since he was defeated in Deathly Hallows??? In fact, why is Harry even still a student at Hogwarts when we saw him grow up and have kids that he sent to Hogwarts??

I eagerly await your straw grasping and mental gymnastics to explain the difference in these situations.
The Harry Potter lands for the most part aren’t designed to be set in any specific timeframe. Only Gringotts the ride ever does this as it’s clearly set during Deathly Hallows but as some sort of alternative version of events. Diagon Alley as a land though isn’t set in a specific time because if it was during Deathly Hallows like the ride is all the shops should be destroyed and inaccessible.

Disney imo tried to go way too hard in this timeline angle. Star Wars Land should’ve celebrated all of Star Wars like Harry Potter does. Pandora can get away with something like this because the characters weren’t nearly as important. The world itself, the visuals, and the creatures were always the main draw there.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This does not apply to Wizarding World for it is not set in any time lines. Nice try bub

Movielover

This does not apply to Wizarding World for it is not set in any time lines. Nice try bub

giphy.gif

Mike S

Galaxy’s Edge is set “after episode 7 and before episode 9”. What is the issue here?
Pretty much everything that doesn’t take place in the Disney Trilogy not being able to ever be included. What if people love something new that comes out like maybe whatever movie Kevin Feige is working on? Can’t do it. Oh well. Not to mention the currently popular Mandalorian.

Some people here go a bit overboard but this is something I agree on. The land should not have been locked to a specific Trilogy. Characters from all over should’ve been walking around the land but obviously no mixing of having different eras out at the exact same time. Different times of day you could see either Vader walking around or Kylo Ren. Pretty simple stuff. First Order flags could easily just flip around to the Empire or something or disappear completely when it’s the Prequel era going around. It’s no secret I’m very in favor of @marni1971 ’s rumor of an OT overlay of RotR but I wouldn’t change the Falcon’s story except for adding more missions maybe involving more characters from the sequel era and doing something a bit more exciting. A third attraction, should it be built, should be based on the Prequels.

Disney is not going to commit to another $1 Billion land for multiple parks so imo if these changes ever come I’d applaud them.

erasure fan1

What if people love something new that comes out like maybe whatever movie Kevin Feige is working on? Can’t do it. Oh well. Not to mention the currently popular Mandalorian.
I'd love to see all the super smart executives sitting around a meeting room talking about galaxys edge. You have to think there is at least one guy who says "So what's the reason we aren't capitalizing on the Mandalorian in our billion dollar land? Isn't it one of the most popular things on TV?" Then they all stare at each other and point fingers.

SplashJacket

I'd love to see all the super smart executives sitting around a meeting room talking about galaxys edge. You have to think there is at least one guy who says "So what's the reason we aren't capitalizing on the Mandalorian in our billion dollar land? Isn't it one of the most popular things on TV?" Then they all stare at each other and point fingers.

Mando is too new to be already capitalizing on it from within a theme park. Now whether or not the execs are talking about the development of plans to be capitalizing on it is a whole other story.

Mike S

Mando is too new to be already capitalizing on it from within a theme park. Now whether or not the execs are talking about the development of plans to be capitalizing on it is a whole other story.
A walk around character with Baby Yoda wouldn’t be a stretch for something new. They bring in new characters all the time. I wouldn’t expect a full on attraction right now anyway for a TV show.

doctornick

A walk around character with Baby Yoda wouldn’t be a stretch for something new. They bring in new characters all the time. I wouldn’t expect a full on attraction now anyway.

But nothing would stop them from putting that in Launch Bay right now if they wanted to put it in the park. The timeline for GE doesn't prevent them from using Mando/Baby Yoda if they were so inclined and we all know how slow Disney tends to be with integrating "hot" properties into the parks.

Edit: Not that I don't think your point is valid, just that the specific example probably doesn't really support it since Disney rarely strikes while the iron is hot with popular new characters and the parks.

Last edited:

RobWDW1971

Those meetings always have some clueless exec who doesn’t understand the dynamic and will just launch into “Well, you see the land takes place in a specific time and place and that time is after the The Last Jedi but before The Rise of Skywalker so we can’t have anybody before or after that because we locked the period because, well, um, I’m not sure what exactly what we gained from doing that, but Mandalorian takes place after Return of the Jedi which is 30 years before The Last Jedi so that character would be old and no longer the younger bounty hunter we see on TV so we’d have to create a new version of the character that nobody would know or understand why he’s so old so....”

And then they are fired.

Last edited:

Mike S

But nothing would stop them from putting that in Launch Bay right now if they wanted to put it in the park. The timeline for GE doesn't prevent them from using Mando/Baby Yoda if they were so inclined and we all know how slow Disney tends to be with integrating "hot" properties into the parks.

Edit: Not that I don't think your point is valid, just that the specific example probably doesn't really support it since Disney rarely strikes while the iron is hot with popular new characters and the parks.
Except Launch Bay was never meant to be and shouldn’t be permanent.

RobWDW1971

And how insane is it we have to even talk about keeping Launch Bay when they just spent a billion dollars on a 14 acre Star Wars land?

And again, what did we gain exactly from this decision to lock the place/time? Countless posters have articulated the long list of things we lose, but what did we gain exactly?

doctornick

I agree. They should build a proper land set for the OT timeframe as well. I like the firm timeline idea myself but would welcome OT representation in the proper setting.

But my point about Launch Bay is just that the reason for Mando and Baby Yoda not being in the parks has nothing to do with the timeline of Galaxy's Edge.

SplashJacket

I agree. They should build a proper land set for the OT timeframe as well. I like the firm timeline idea myself but would welcome OT representation in the proper setting.

But my point about Launch Bay is just that the reason for Mando and Baby Yoda not being in the parks has nothing to do with the timeline of Galaxy's Edge.

I do not see why a whole new time-restrained land is needed. I'd be much more excited for one of the three major expansion pads in Galaxy's edge to be utilized for an OT attraction.

I feel like the best way to go about the different timeline is simply using different sections of the land to be filled by differing characters.

In HS the Western and Southern areas can be the sequels, and the Northern and Western areas of the land where the expansion pads sit can be OT. For all intents and purposes, it would make everyone happy. After all, no one wants to see a Jar-Jar animatronic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom