Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mickeyboof

Thanks for all of the responses! She has a lot of health issues, but if the drop isn't bad, I'd love for her to be able to ride a super-headliner like that.

If it's like the Hagrid's vertical drop, that's pushing it, but so long as it isn't anymore it might work out. About those g's though:confused:
Definitely not as harsh as hagrids imo. By the time it starts it’s over, I wouldn’t let it deter you. Think flight of passage drop.

If Hagrid’s is the line in the sand, Rise is absolutely passable. It’s so quick and brief.

A Noble Fish

There’s a short lift, but it’s not too fast. This is definitely an attraction that they wanted everyone to be able to ride.
Any chance for motion sickness? Sorry for all of the questions. We're going soon and I want to remain spoiler-free while at the same time being able to assure her about what she's getting into:). Thanks so much!

disneygeek90

Any chance for motion sickness? Sorry for all of the questions. We're going soon and I want to remain spoiler-free while at the same time being able to assure her about what she's getting into:). Thanks so much!
Chance, sure. But most people that report getting motion sickness during something like star tours or Spider-Man are not reporting any motion sickness on Rise. The lack of 3D helps, I think.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep. Some properly focused theatrical lighting that fires along with the projections, along with puffs of real smoke, would go a long way in making the blasts seem less artificial. I also maintain that the ride needs at least one real pyro effect. Spider-Man has only one, but it's an immensely memorable one.
Better physical effects would certainly have helped elevate the attraction even higher. Star Wars was the movie that brought pew pew laser beam battles to the masses. Perhaps they should have gone for broke and accepted they can’t make a beam travel, so resort to split second standard beams of laser light. More so if projected from the target to the pretend source for added effect (the beam hitting a scrim would be most effective as an additional visual effect of a rifle firing). Hazing a room (particularly the hanger) would produce a good effect. Having selective, well placed Ln2 jets could suggest a traveling beam. And spark effects for high volume impact. Speaking of Ln2, where’s the smoke and physical flames as you look for an escape pod? Flashing lights don’t exactly convey looming disaster. Since this ride is a collection of every good dark ride ever made and all put into a mixing pot it’s a bit of a missed opportunity that the best available visual effects weren’t thrown into the mix too.

(I’ve already praised the attraction elsewhere lest I be accused of bah humbug)

Last edited:

david10225

How much of a step up is it to get in the ride vehicle? Is there a bar to hep pull yourself up?
My wife has a form of musculsr dystrophy which mskines clumbing stairs hard but not imposdible. I see this as a potential challenge especially with the oressure to "escape".

Magic Feather

How much of a step up is it to get in the ride vehicle? Is there a bar to hep pull yourself up?
My wife has a form of musculsr dystrophy which mskines clumbing stairs hard but not imposdible. I see this as a potential challenge especially with the oressure to "escape".
A few inches. Not even the height of a full stair step (at least from what I can tell). While I don’t believe there is directly a bar, the siding of the vehicle should provide more than enough grip room.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Better physical effects would certainly have helped elevate the attraction even higher. Star Wars was the movie that brought pew pew laser beam battles to the masses. Perhaps they should have gone for broke and accepted they can’t make a beam travel, so resort to split second standard beams of laser light. More so if projected from the target to the pretend source for added effect (the beam hitting a scrim would be most effective as an additional visual effect of a rifle firing). Hazing a room (particularly the hanger) would produce a good effect. Having selective, well placed Ln2 jets could suggest a traveling beam. And spark effects for high volume impact. Speaking of Ln2, where’s the smoke and physical flames as you look for an escape pod? Flashing lights don’t exactly convey looming disaster. Since this ride is a collection of every good dark ride ever made and all put into a mixing pot it’s a bit of a missed opportunity that the best available visual effects weren’t thrown into the mix too.

(I’ve already praised the attraction elsewhere lest I be accused of bah humbug)

Agreed, I also think the promo commercials used JUST a little bit too much artistic interpretation where it really didn't need it...lots of things that aren't really the same way in the ride, but they could have just shown mostly what's actually in the ride and been fine

Rob562

A few inches. Not even the height of a full stair step (at least from what I can tell). While I don’t believe there is directly a bar, the siding of the vehicle should provide more than enough grip room.

If they don't have a wheelchair guest using the seat, they could also open the side of the car for the front row so she could sit down directly on the seat and then turn herself in.

There's also a grab bar at the top of the front of the vehicle that I remember grabbing onto during the ride.

I vaguely want to say the back row is slightly higher than the front row, so a slightly bigger step. (Not totally sure, I was front row both times we rode)

-Rob

david10225

If they don't have a wheelchair guest using the seat, they could also open the side of the car for the front row so she could sit down directly on the seat and then turn herself in.

There's also a grab bar at the top of the front of the vehicle that I remember grabbing onto during the ride.

I vaguely want to say the back row is slightly higher than the front row, so a slightly bigger step. (Not totally sure, I was front row both times we rode)

-Rob
Thank you for the advice. Makes sense for the guests in the rear to be slightly elevated.

No Name

Has anyone mentioned B Mode for the final Kylo AA?

It was mentioned by a mansion butler, but I don’t think a video had been posted. And it seems that the vehicle movement is different so that they face the screen rather than the fallen wall.

Well done.

I’m glad the imagineers thought to account for the AA being broken, but hope this doesn’t encourage the company to neglect this if it breaks because it’s good enough in B mode.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It was mentioned by a mansion butler, but I don’t think a video had been posted. And it seems that the vehicle movement is different so that they face the screen rather than the fallen wall.

Well done.

I’m glad the imagineers thought to account for the AA being broken, but hope this doesn’t encourage the company to neglect this if it breaks because it’s good enough in B mode.

I believe, after being on the ride and by seeing other ridethroughs after, that both vehicles face that screen for a few seconds before turning left (part of the force pull from Kylo?) so I think it goes to that point, determines the next sequence from there if it's going to go left to the animatronic or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom