Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've said it before, Rian wasn't the problem. He really didn't do anything wrong. He made his movie, the way he wanted. The problem is Kennedy allowed it to happen. And Iger went along with her as well.

I kind of agree with this. But to the extent that -- Johnson (When Kennedy and Iger to a lesser extent, - failed in their basic responsibility) - became THE problem

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Unsarcastically I have no idea what it even means anymore to be a Star Wars fan

I'm getting to that point as well. Which means less loyalty. And I'm not going to spend $300 at SWGE for a light saber (but I wouldn't have spent $127.40 adjusted for inflation in 1980). I would have just taken the cardboard from the Bounty roll and painted it green - then fought my next door neighbor.

Problem is - now - If I show up with a cardboard stick painted green - My neighbor (calls the cops or the mental institution) starts a speech on the environment and how wrong it is because my green cardboard light saber isn't bio-degradable.

Thanks again Rian!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Kathleen Kennedy is a Sith Lord.

(I feel better now - My shrink says I have to get things out. The irony is - I didn't need a shrink until the day after TLJ was released.)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Apparently I am the SW kind of fan you all hate.

Saw each of the OT episodes at the theatre when I was a kid; never saw a single one of the prequels (although I know EVERY word of Weird Al’s The Saga Begins); and I love, love, love the sequels.

I’ve only seen RoS once, but so far I rank them:
The Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Solo

I saw TLJ at the theatre 5X, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up seeing RoS as many times. It ended the way it HAD to, even if I was hoping for Reylo be a thing.

For the record, I also totally enjoyed Galaxy’s Edge this summer, and Hubby and I happily built two droids, that we still use to torment the cats.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Nobody should ever knock an opinion. If that is the order you enjoyed them in - that's great. Did you catch IV, V, or VI in their original box office run? Just curious. If so, what was your impression upon watching them in that era/environment,
I was a 10 year old girl in 77 when Star Wars came out. I was blown away.

Back then, long before the internet, it was almost an urban legend whispered in hush tones, that there were nine episodes in the story arc, and that we were actually watching the middle three. Back then, the story was that George Lucas had written out in broad strokes the entire story line and only he knew how the story would play out. I guess that turned out not to be so true.

And yes, I saw all three of them in the theatre and/or drive-in theatre. I had three brothers ... I never got to pick the movie. Now I watch what I want, when I want, however many times I want. I actually enjoy going to afternoon matinees by myself.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I was a 10 year old girl in 77 when Star Wars came out. I was blown away.

Back then, long before the internet, it was almost an urban legend whispered in hush tones, that there were nine episodes in the story arc, and that we were actually watching the middle three. Back then, the story was that George Lucas had written out in broad strokes the entire story line and only he knew how the story would play out. I guess that turned out not to be so true.

And yes, I saw all three of them in the theatre and/or drive-in theatre. I had three brothers ... I never got to pick the movie. Now I watch what I want, when I want, however many times I want. I actually enjoy going to afternoon matinees by myself.

And that's great. I watched the original when I was 7. A bunch of times. Watched episode 5 a bunch of times. Episode 6 a whole bunch of times. ---- Could only sit through VIII once. Disney screwed the pooch. Glad you liked it though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I almost want to see RoS again just to be able to keep up with all the stuff that happened. But given the pace of things... I might just wait until it's on D+ by like March :D

Tony Perkis

Apparently I am the SW kind of fan you all hate.

Saw each of the OT episodes at the theatre when I was a kid; never saw a single one of the prequels (although I know EVERY word of Weird Al’s The Saga Begins); and I love, love, love the sequels.

I’ve only seen RoS once, but so far I rank them:
The Last Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Solo

I saw TLJ at the theatre 5X, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up seeing RoS as many times. It ended the way it HAD to, even if I was hoping for Reylo be a thing.

For the record, I also totally enjoyed Galaxy’s Edge this summer, and Hubby and I happily built two droids, that we still use to torment the cats.
Finally, another one of us!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
:hilarious: I am not actually that passionate, why are you being so testy?

I get your point. He got a shot at the main saga and you didn't like the outcome. All I was trying to say is he didn't actually get the shot to his own story. So it's hard for us to really prognosticate if that would have worked or been equally a let down for you.
He’s toxic to Disney...he’s done. This is silly to talk about. He’s also tied to kennedy...who adamantly defended him and Disney got kicked in the pride AND the wallet by him.

It’s over, Johnny!
Yes. It should have been right up there with endgame, avatar, titanic... But that was my point. Going into this with the poop storm that 8 created, you weren't going touch the very top outside of a miracle from JJ. And in my opinion it all lands on the shoulders of Kennedy. I've said it before, Rian wasn't the problem. He really didn't do anything wrong. He made his movie, the way he wanted. The problem is Kennedy allowed it to happen. And Iger went along with her as well.
Yep...

There’s a lot of politics that fall behind the scenes on Disney...for sure.

But Kennedy should take the fall. That’s boiler plate Hollywood.

If they DONT fire her...it will be taken as a a sign they just don’t care about a billion dollar franchise.

I have zero doubt Iger thought people would come and it would make $1.8 billion or something...they are that arrogant and they never understood the stakes

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
He’s toxic to Disney...he’s done. This is silly to talk about. He’s also tied to kennedy...who adamantly defended him and Disney got kicked in the pride AND the wallet by him.

It’s over, Johnny!

Yep...

There’s a lot of politics that fall behind the scenes on Disney...for sure.

But Kennedy should take the fall. That’s boiler plate Hollywood.

If they DONT fire her...it will be taken as a a sign they just don’t care about a billion dollar franchise.

I have zero doubt Iger thought people would come and it would make $1.8 billion or something...they are that arrogant and they never understood the stakes

Kinda like when he said SWGE needed no marketing....they could just tweet - "hey, it's open" - His words - not mine. That's been Disney's approach to Star Wars. And now they're looking at everyone internally saying: "Wha happened?" (sic)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom