Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Reactions: SPOILERS

erasure fan1

but neither of them were even close to the original trilogy. i think it’ll take something special to top that.
I don't think you can ever top the originals. But you can make something just as compelling. The problem is it needs to be either the old republic or a time way off in the future. You have to be well removed from what people know. Otherwise all you get are the comparisons.

RandySavage

It's as much substance as Rogue One. Visuals to say nothing.
Further to my argument: as much as I was invested in the R1 characters themselves, their struggles and story in its own right, the fact that it is all there just to tee up the Magna Carta makes it that much better.

Star Wars Ep IV is the metaphoric giant upon whose shoulders Rogue One sits - adding immense gravitas to everything that happens in R1 - and R1 returns the favor by making that iconic film even better (explains the Death Star flaw; adds depth to the Rebel Alliance, Empire and all the characters that survive).

First and only time I can think of that a much later pre/sequel has ever helped, not hurt, an older classic.

No Name

I thought the movie was fantastic. Hands down the best Star Wars movie to date. After the mess that the previous movie seemed to create, I’m very happy with both the storyline chosen and the execution here.

I think the most interesting part is that Palpatine’s death is no more convincing than it was in Return of the Jedi. Perhaps he should’ve been changed rather than killed. Also a force ghost of Anakin would’ve added to the story well and I’m not sure why that never happened in this trilogy.

But, and I’d laugh if you told me four years ago I’d be saying is, but Kylo Ren is in my opinion the best Star Wars antagonist of all time. His character development is solid and that kiss between him and Rey was fantastic. The movie actually continues a number of plot lines from TLJ, that being the best one.

Overall I’m very happy with The Rise of Skywalker.

TROR

Further to my argument: as much as I was invested in the R1 characters themselves, their struggles and story in its own right, the fact that it is all there just to tee up the Magna Carta makes it that much better.

Star Wars Ep IV is the metaphoric giant upon whose shoulders Rogue One sits - adding immense gravitas to everything that happens in R1 - and R1 returns the favor by making that iconic film even better (explains the Death Star flaw; adds depth to the Rebel Alliance, Empire and all the characters that survive).

First and only time I can think of that a much later pre/sequel has ever helped, not hurt, an older classic.
The Death Star flaw was explained in 1977 by the Empire's arrogance, which makes a lot more sense than it being deliberate sabotage. As for the world building, sure that stuff's fun but stories are about characters to which there are none.

RandySavage

The Death Star flaw was explained in 1977 by the Empire's arrogance, which makes a lot more sense than it being deliberate sabotage. As for the world building, sure that stuff's fun but stories are about characters to which there are none.
I've tried to explain to you how there are characters. Now try to explain to me how there aren't.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

God father part 2...but who’s counting 😎

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
wt f was that?

I tried to highlight just the interview, but it's Oscar Isaac saying he wanted to make the relationship between Poe and Finn more than friends, but knew that Disney would never let him. He's gone on record saying this more than once. I guess he feels that since the trilogy is over he can air out any grievances he had with its direction/creative choices.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The video at the top is some weird *** rap video that I can't even get my head around... and scares the crap out of me that people invest in that kind of stuff :)

lol, I didn't even bother watching the top video, I just saw the interview clip highlighted by another twitter poster, but the garbage layout and grouping of twitter quotes sometimes makes it hard to link to specific posts.

No Name

Why? What did it bring? What did it advance? Where the heck does it come from?

For me it was more like.. 'srly?' . It seemed to be more about shock value than anything IMO.

Bruh. The moment Ben Swolo revealed himself, I knew she was into him.

1577077559306.jpeg

Seriously though, it continues this TLJ plot line very nicely. No shock value for me. Rey’s a pretty strong girl herself, so she needs the ultimate aggressive attractive to get her turned on. They both can’t stop making ForceTime calls to each other in TLJ. Long-distance relationships aren’t easy but I always saw something building, only hindered by their starkly different ideologies. I have no issue believing that both characters wanted that kiss for a while.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Bruh. The moment Ben Swolo revealed himself, I knew she was into him.

View attachment 435733

Seriously though, it continues this TLJ plot line very nicely. No shock value for me. Rey’s a pretty strong girl herself, so she needs the ultimate aggressive attractive ******* to get her turned on. They both can’t stop making ForceTime calls to each other in TLJ. Long-distance relationships aren’t easy but I always saw something building, only hindered by their starkly different ideologies. I have no issue believing that both characters wanted that kiss for a while.
Admit it - you’re a hopeless Reylo shipper. Like me. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom