Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza

Hello everyone - we got back from the World yesterday so time to start our trip report.

Who ?
The whole family (as the title indicates)
My sister Jill and my brother in law Nick
582300149.jpeg

My other sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
DSC_0996.jpg

And my parents (Jeff and Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_3080.jpg

When?
December 3-8, 2019
Jill and Nick were there November 30-December 6, 2019

Why?
To celebrate Jill's 40th Birthday and Christmas :)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter - our favorite moderate

The title:
I like the title the 4 M's because that's what Max calls my Mom, Betta, him and I - Mary, Mom (Betta), Max and Megan :) Then - just added some initials :hilarious:

Day 1 December 3, 2019
After work I headed home and met up with my Mom, Dad, Max and Betta and we headed to the airport. We were originally supposed to leave the next day, but that flight got pushed to 5 am and I work typically until 9 pm on Tuesday nights. So, I adjusted my schedule and we took this flight instead of having to get up SUPER early after a late work night.
I should mention that Betta was on crutches this trip - this is from her surgery I have mentioned before (hip surgery) that she had 8 weeks ago. Needed some help getting around long distances.
I had a hard time taking photos this trip just due to pushing the stroller mostly so sorry in advance.
We had some dinner in the airport then headed to our gate.
DSC_0003.JPG

Our room was ready and it turns out we were next to Jill and Nick and Betta and Max were next to us. We did not ask for this so that was a nice surprise.
fullsizeoutput_42ab.jpeg

Our plane was at the gate but for some reason no one got off for forever. Then, we had 10 wheelchairs that needed to go on one at a time.
IMG_0192.JPG

Finally we boarded about 20 minutes late.
mzP6wRNRRmWsjDnpf58EvQ.jpg

v+vGR4T%RM+FoGaAw4q8bg.jpg

We ended up having to de-ice. It was SUPER dry out at the time we were supposed to leave but all of a sudden started snowing SO hard right before we left.
You can kind of see it outside the window
KHEu8TfaRUW9gwaxsN4FoQ.jpg

So...in the end we ended up leaving about 45 minutes late :confused:
The flight felt like it took forever but eventually we landed at 9:30 pm.
New Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff around the fonorail
DSC_0012.JPG

Next up: more arrival

Minnesota disney fan

I'm in!!! We love POFQ, too, and always stay there. I even bought an Orleans candle from the Magic Candle Co that smells exactly like the lobby at POFQ.
I must confess that I don't know where the picture is taken now, on HM? It must be in a new place? Will you share? or do we look lost while on the HM ride?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm in!!! We love POFQ, too, and always stay there. I even bought an Orleans candle from the Magic Candle Co that smells exactly like the lobby at POFQ.
I must confess that I don't know where the picture is taken now, on HM? It must be in a new place? Will you share? or do we look lost while on the HM ride?

Oh nice - I will look for that candle !!! Its taking right in the beginning - there's a whole bunch of photos on the wall in the hall and the last one is the photo.

Yea! Max! Maybe it should be renamed:
The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza;
But mostly just Max!
View attachment 432995

THIS IS THE BEST ! And of course its always mostly Max. I love Sam Eagle so much :hilarious:

Loco_driver

Day 2 continued
Then it was time for Buzz
View attachment 433230
GALACTIC HERO! Woohoo and we did not even stop!
View attachment 433231
View attachment 433233
View attachment 433234
View attachment 433235
View attachment 433237
Then some of us grabbed some lunch at Cosmic Rays
Chili cheese fries, Mac and cheese, regular fries
View attachment 433238
My Dad had a bacon cheeseburger
View attachment 433240
Chicken nuggets
View attachment 433241
Yum! Everything was so good.

Next up: more MK
I got heartburn just looking at those chili cheese fries! Also, how does everyone keep getting galactic hero on buzz? I’m so terrible at it!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I got heartburn just looking at those chili cheese fries! Also, how does everyone keep getting galactic hero on buzz? I’m so terrible at it!

I ate them twice this trip and my stomach was not happy :hilarious:
I accidentally found like 3-4 targets and now putting them together I can usually find a high score :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
IMG_0294D.JPG

IMG_0299D.JPG

"It's too sunny"
IMG_0300.JPG

Then we took one last PP picture before heading out
584615624.jpeg

584615670.jpeg

584633996.jpeg

We took a bus back to POFQ
IMG_0303.JPG

We had a very short break back at the hotel before we had to leave so my parents and Jill had some cocktails at Mardi Grogs, Max took a very short nap and I got some work done !
Then we hopped on a bus for Epcot.
IMG_0306.JPG

First things first - Passholder Magnets !
IMG_0308.JPG

Then we briefly popped into the Epcot experience
IMG_0311.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
584772051.jpeg

584771714.jpeg

Apparently we were supposed to be looking down at people like we were on top of Spaceship Earth and Nick was the only one who heard that direction. He made fun of us for days for the rest of our faces :hilarious:
584771855.jpeg

Two bad attempts at our usual Mexico photo
IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

Then we checked in for dinner at San Angel Inn. We were doing the dining package for Candlelight Processional :)
IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

Since it was a dining package we all got an appetizer, entree, and dessert
Most of us got the Sopa Azteca (Traditional Tortilla Soup served with Fried Corn Tortilla Strips, Avocado, Cheese, and Chile Pasilla)
We all liked it except my Dad who kept saying it to was "too salty"
fullsizeoutput_4a55.jpeg

Jill got the Queso Fundido (Melted Monterey Jack Cheese topped with Chorizo, Poblano Peppers and Onions served with Flour Tortillas)
IMG_0323.JPG

And my sister Betta got the Empanada de Chorizo (Corn Masa Empanadas filled with Chorizo and Potatoes topped with mole Oaxaqueño, Crema Mexicana, and Queso Fresco)
IMG_0324.JPG

Max had fruit but I did not take a photo

Next up: more San Angel Inn

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
Entrees:
My Dad and Betta both got the Tacos de Carne (Braised Beef, Poblano Peppers and Onions served with Guacamole, Rice and Beans accompanied by Corn Tortillas and Salsa Verde)
fullsizeoutput_4a57.jpeg

Nick had the catch of the day which I think he said was tilapia
IMG_0327.JPG

My Mom and I both got the Mole Poblano (Grilled Chicken Breast topped with a classic Mole Sauce made with nuts, spices, and a hint of chocolate served with rice, Poblano Peppers and Corn Tortillas). For some reason the mole came on the side so when they first put it down I was like this is not what I ordered !
IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

Jill had the Polo a La Rajas (Grilled Chicken Breast over a bed of Roasted Garlic Potatoes with Onions, Red Peppers, Corn, and a Poblano Pepper Cream Sauce topped with Queso Fresco)
fullsizeoutput_4a58.jpeg

Honestly I can't remember what Max had - maybe Mac and Cheese
For desserts:
Caramel Ice Cream
IMG_0334.JPG

Chocolate Mousse
fullsizeoutput_4a59.jpeg

And Caramel Cheesecake
IMG_0337.JPG

Yum!! Everything was so good - we all really enjoyed our meal.
After this we split up a bit. Betta, Max and my Dad went to Test Track (they had Fast Passes).
Jill, Nick, my Mom and I went on the Gran Fiesta tour (well after waiting for quite a bit for our check AND the waitress forgetting to give us our Candlelight Processional stickers :joyfull: ).
584910356.jpeg

IMG_0339D.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
What a shock - a fiesta hoy!
DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

Then we decided to meet Mexican Donald
Enjoy this photo of me with Donald - he looks like he's kissing me :joyfull::joyfull:
584903887.jpeg

584904456.jpeg

Then we headed over to the Candlelight Processional Line.
IMG_0343D.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4a62.jpeg

Which was ALL the way in Morocco. It was nuts! The last time we did the dining package I thought the line was long - but it was still in America :joyfull: Thankfully my Dad, Betta and Max met up with us just as the line started moving.
We ended up being in the back right hand side but the view was still pretty good
IMG_0354.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

Enjoy all my stalker like photos from my long lens.
DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

Next up: more Candlelight Processional

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom