Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

LSLS

Whatever Star Wars movie Kevin Feige is working on can’t come soon enough.

If you think introducing something is going to infuriate people, don’t do it. Especially when you’re already on thin ice with a divided fan base as it is. I gotta say I’m happy though to not be in the hype cycle this time around. Less disappointment since my expectations aren’t sky high this time.

Yeah, I think I might enjoy it more because I'm not over the top on it. I learned my lesson after the last jedi trailer to not overhype based on those. And I didnt completely hate that movie like most who weren't huge fans of it.

Joesixtoe

That makes a lot of sense. I remember being surprised by both Rey and Kylo's abilities. I don't necessarily think it's a problem (humans today are bigger, faster, and stronger than they were 40 years ago), but did think it was inconsistently presented. Kylo stops a blaster shot, but struggles when fighting Rey. I guess he was hurt, but still. I thought it was better in TLJ, as it was less about their force abilities and more about the decisions they were going to make.
I see what your saying, your trying to make it make sense to you on why their abilities were different or greater. Problem is, the prequels had old guys jumping and flipping around, while the original trilogy had slower types of fights comparatively. So their powers didn't evolve... then rebels the animated show comes out and now Vader is doing cool awesome fight scenes, same as in rouge one. So I'm trying to say is, not so much evolution of species is why the force abilities are so strong, but just with each passing movie, writers and directors want to do "cooler" force powers and saber battles. In stead of explaining their force powers within the context of the movie, I just understand it's a newer movie.
Sorry it's late and I'm tired.. I started writing and had to finish.. hope it made sense :(

rowrbazzle

I see what your saying, your trying to make it make sense to you on why their abilities were different or greater. Problem is, the prequels had old guys jumping and flipping around, while the original trilogy had slower types of fights comparatively. So their powers didn't evolve... then rebels the animated show comes out and now Vader is doing cool awesome fight scenes, same as in rouge one. So I'm trying to say is, not so much evolution of species is why the force abilities are so strong, but just with each passing movie, writers and directors want to do "cooler" force powers and saber battles. In stead of explaining their force powers within the context of the movie, I just understand it's a newer movie.
Sorry it's late and I'm tired.. I started writing and had to finish.. hope it made sense :(

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I always forget about the prequels so I wasn't considering that. I do remember thinking flipping Yoda looked ridiculous, though.

Joesixtoe

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I always forget about the prequels so I wasn't considering that. I do remember thinking flipping Yoda looked ridiculous, though.
Exactly, so when Lucas used to say, Vader and Kenobe are old, so they couldn't fight like they used too and that's why it was a slow fight. Well when 900 yrs old walking stick Yoda is doing crazy flips, as well as Palpatine and Dooku, it threw that justication out the window. This just reiterates my point, not to create a story on why they are doing cooler things, but instead understand what was cool during the time the movie was being made.

Mike S

Exactly, so when Lucas used to say, Vader and Kenobe are old, so they couldn't fight like they used too and that's why it was a slow fight. Well when 900 yrs old walking stick Yoda is doing crazy flips, as well as Palpatine and Dooku, it threw that justication out the window. This just reiterates my point, not to create a story on why they are doing cooler things, but instead understand what was cool during the time the movie was being made.
Ever seen this?

TTA94

Does anyone else think Palpatine using force lightning will be much more intense/awesome in Episode 9 compared to the prequels and obviously ROTJ? Although far for more realistic where Palpatines and Dukus force lightning in the past didn’t through his target across the room rather just kept them in place or picked them up electrocuting them. As we saw in TLJ Snokes, extremely brief, force lightning just threw Kylo across the room.

Last edited:

ppete1975

Also no cgi and lucas’s vision was more errol flynn or zorro sword fighting than what fan fiction, comics and books made it

ppete1975

Does anyone else think Palpatine using force lightning will be much more intense/awesome in Episode 9 compared to the prequels and obviously ROTJ? Although far for more realistic where Palpatines and Dukus force lightning in the past didn’t through his target across the room rather just kept them in place or picked them up electrocuting them. As we saw in TLJ Snokes, extremely brief, force lightning just threw Kylo across the room.
Yes. Oddly in the trailers there is alot of lightning coming from ships or in the background. Might be unrelated but interesting

ppete1975

Ever seen this?

Ive said for years the original movies should be frozen (cant come up with the right term) and leave them alone but make them easily available. Then completely redo 4,5,6. Same story same characters but redo the special effects. Basically remove the characters and redo the backgrounds. Hoth at-ats instead of stop motion being cgi would be amazing

The_Jobu

If you think introducing something is going to infuriate people, don’t do it. Especially when you’re already on thin ice with a divided fan base as it is. I gotta say I’m happy though to not be in the hype cycle this time around. Less disappointment since my expectations aren’t sky high this time.

>insert perfectcircleface.png

Dont you want your EXpEcTatIoNs SuBveRtEd????

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

tribbleorlfl

That makes a lot of sense. I remember being surprised by both Rey and Kylo's abilities. I don't necessarily think it's a problem (humans today are bigger, faster, and stronger than they were 40 years ago), but did think it was inconsistently presented. Kylo stops a blaster shot, but struggles when fighting Rey. I guess he was hurt, but still. I thought it was better in TLJ, as it was less about their force abilities and more about the decisions they were going to make.
To be fair, Kylo was not struggling against Rey until she tapped into the Force; he was parrying all of her strikes and had her completely on the defensive retreat.

tribbleorlfl

Not to get too much into spoiler territory, but if they are referring to what I think they are from the leaks, this new Force power is not new at all.

Mike S

To be fair, Kylo was not struggling against Rey until she tapped into the Force; he was parrying all of her strikes and had her completely on the defensive retreat.
Something we’ve only ever seen her do. Not Anakin, not Luke, not Obi Wan, not Yoda, etc.

If “tapping into the Force” is all you need to do to take down foes then a lot of the Star Wars story could’ve been easily avoided. What makes Rey so much more special? Besides the obvious of LucasFilm wanting “a strong female lead” not realizing a strong lead character =/= a character that can do everything effortlessly. It’s sad really when you think this is the same studio that brought us Princess Leia in the past.
They're not rewriting anything. This particular power was heavily implied in ANH, The Mandalorian and was prevalent in Legends. It just hasn't been explicitly seen on screen before.
What power?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They're not rewriting anything. This particular power was heavily implied in ANH, The Mandalorian and was prevalent in Legends. It just hasn't been explicitly seen on screen before.
Gotta stick to the movies,trib

Consistency on the big screen is what keeps the casual fan engaged

That’s where the last 6 movies have struggled...amongst other things

tribbleorlfl

Something we’ve only ever seen her do. Not Anakin, not Luke, not Obi Wan, not Yoda, etc.

If “tapping into the Force” is all you need to do to take down foes then a lot of the Star Wars story could’ve been easily avoided. What makes Rey so much more special? Besides the obvious of LucasFilm wanting “a strong female lead” not realizing a strong lead character =/= a character that can do everything effortlessly. It’s sad really when you think this is the same studio that brought us Princess Leia in the past.
Uh...there's literally a whole scene in ANH where Obi Wan teaches Luke to tap into the Force to block blaster shots from the training remote. Later in the movie, he taps into the Force to hit the exhaust port, something a decorated combat pilot with a tageting computer was not able to do. Yoda is seen concentrating to use the Force to lift Luke's X-wing out of the swamp.

It is without dispute that a Jedi's abilities and actions derive from their ability to tap into and use the Force. Its just shown to be effortless/second nature in most of the films because they are trained Jedi Knights.

What power?
Force Healing

Mike S

Uh...there's literally a whole scene in ANH where Obi Wan teaches Luke to tap into the Force to block blaster shots from the training remote. Later in the movie, he taps into the Force to hit the exhaust port, something a decorated combat pilot with a tageting computer was not able to do. Yoda is seen concentrating to use the Force to lift Luke's X-wing out of the swamp.

It is without dispute that a Jedi's abilities and actions derive from their ability to tap into and use the Force. Its just shown to be effortless/second nature in most of the films because they are trained Jedi Knights.

Force Healing
Then why didn’t Luke “tap into the force” and easily beat Vader in ESB like Rey did to Kylo? Why didn’t Yoda do it to Palpatine? Why didn’t Qui-Gon do it to Maul? Obi-Wan to Vader in ANH? Etc, etc, etc...

Again, what makes her so special aside from the obvious?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom