Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

I thought about that, but I don't know how they'd get that classic storm trooper freakout/noticing moment into shooting without it looking cheezy. I assume it's why they chose screens for all Storm Troopers shooting at you.
Speaking of Troopers I think they should add some occasional dialogue to the queue. Some “move along”’s to people getting close or lingering in the hangar would be neat. Also pretty easy to do.

RSoxNo1

I know that boarding groups have been distributed before park opening, but does anyone know if all you have to do is check into a park, not just DHS to be eligible?

mergatroid

Dude I didn’t even notice that...

Also is it just me or could those first two troopers have been AAs instead? Just a minor thing.

I imagine that it's because as good as AAs can be, certain movements just don't look as good. Probably why the Potter rides contain so few AAs other than the queue ones. I'll give them a pass on Hagrids AAs as the attraction is so fun, however this place would be in melt down were there AAs in ROTR that clearly on a pole underneath them. That's no criticism of either Universal or Disney, but just a fact of life with current 'affordable' technology.

Last edited:

Mike S

I imagine that it's because as good as AAs can be, certain movements just don't look as good. Probably why the Potter rides contain so few AAs other than the queue ones. I'll give them a pass on Hagrids AAs as the attraction is so fun, however this place would be in melt down where there AAs in ROTR that clearly on a pole underneath them. That's no criticism of either Universal or Disney, but just a fact of life with current 'affordable' technology.
In all fairness there’s a smoke effect that’s currently off that’s supposed to hide the pole. Apparently it was messing with the rides sensors so it’s off until they find a workaround.

CM.X777

The name doesn't really make sense. "Rise" of the Resistance? What are they doing to rise?

Recruiting more people to the Resistance after their defeat at Crait, rising from the ashes so to speak.

The closest thing I've seen to the laser blast effect are the spinning lights to simulate "blasts" flying at you only in this scene:
View attachment 431842
View attachment 431843
View attachment 431844

View attachment 431845

These effects also exist in the AT-AT scene, but have been turned off/not working in WDW from the ride throughs I've seen. I genily am worried that this attractions will be like Indy within a year or 2, with a list of effects that no longer work, because Disney won't pay to fix them.

mergatroid

In all fairness there’s a smoke effect that’s currently off that’s supposed to hide the pole. Apparently it was messing with the rides sensors so it’s off until they find a workaround.

Good to hear as it looks pretty weird with the pole so visible. Why they can't put some 'junk' around the floor, or some plants temporarily is completely lost on me though.

trainplane3

Recruiting more people to the Resistance after their defeat at Crait, rising from the ashes so to speak.

These effects also exist in the AT-AT scene, but have been turned off/not working in WDW from the ride throughs I've seen. I genily am worried that this attractions will be like Indy within a year or 2, with a list of effects that no longer work, because Disney won't pay to fix them.
I actually see that now in @DoubleJ21's post. That is always a concern I have with rides in general. Ride it too soon and experience long lines and breakdowns or wait a while and experience dead effects.

It's also used in at least two spots in the AT-AT scene.
View attachment 431847
View attachment 431848

Mike S

These four rides I’ve had were so great I don’t want anything to change (for the worse). Don’t let effects go unfixed and PLEASE don’t try to push more people through the preshows and cause backups!!! I love how no one is there when getting to the shuttle or stepping into the Star Destroyer. That last one there could occasionally still be stragglers taking it all in but mostly it’ll be empty.

ToTBellHop

These four rides I’ve had were so great I don’t want anything to change (for the worse). Don’t let effects go unfixed and PLEASE don’t try to push more people through the preshows and cause backups!!! I love how no one is there when getting to the shuttle or stepping into the Star Destroyer. That last one there could occasionally still be stragglers taking it all in but mostly it’ll be empty.
It will necessarily accelerate a bit but shouldn’t be like HM load.

DarkMetroid567

Watching to POV to see what I missed, does anyone else think Kylo is kinda just silly in this attraction? In the scene with Hux, Kylo goes “You underestimate their convictio-RAISE THE SHIELDS” and it sounds very panicked and awkward

not to mention he says “there’s nowhere to run” and we immediately get away

I think half of the reason I don’t like this ride is that they did my man Ben dirty

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Watching to POV to see what I missed, does anyone else think Kylo is kinda just silly in this attraction? In the scene with Hux, Kylo goes “You underestimate their convictio-RAISE THE SHIELDS” and it sounds very panicked and awkward

I think half of the reason I don’t like this ride is that they did my man Ben dirty
Kylo Ren always is more talk than action... have you seen the movies?

rsm

I giggle every time he “dances around” before the hull breach and the set piece from Earthquake hides him. Obviously too many screens are a bad thing. But AA just can’t mimic all types of motions realistically. In the end you gotta meet it half way and just enjoy the balance they’ve struck... I think they nailed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom