Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

Watching to POV to see what I missed, does anyone else think Kylo is kinda just silly in this attraction? In the scene with Hux, Kylo goes “You underestimate their convictio-RAISE THE SHIELDS” and it sounds very panicked and awkward

not to mention he says “there’s nowhere to run” and we immediately get away

I think half of the reason I don’t like this ride is that they did my man Ben dirty
Well he did go after us and then shove his Lightsaber through the ceiling then caught up to us and would’ve had us if that stray ship didn’t blow a hole to space. Also it makes sense to want to raise the shields when a fleet that big is coming in. If anything this is the first time they did him right since TFA. He actually feels like a legitimate threat. Not on Vader’s level but still.

DarkMetroid567

Kylo Ren always is more talk than action... have you seen the movies?

Of course. Kylo's flaws make him a fantastic character.

But in this attraction, the First Order cast members are more menacing than Kylo. The roof lightsaber is really the only scary thing he does. Never at any point in the attraction do I really feel in danger from Kylo himself, because he's either raising the shields, walking towards us on a screen, or flailing his noodle arms. Not to mention the way he goes out is pretty weak, but I struggle to see any other way they could have done it.

DarkMetroid567

I giggle every time he “dances around” before the hull breach and the set piece from Earthquake hides him. Obviously too many screens are a bad thing. But AA just can’t mimic all types of motions realistically. In the end you gotta meet it half way and just enjoy the balance they’ve struck... I think they nailed it.

Yeah, I think this is fair. It's hard to find any human AAs that are better, and I think I can appreciate RotR more as a cheesy space escape than "the most technologically advanced attraction Disney has ever done"

ToTBellHop

Of course. Kylo's flaws make him a fantastic character.

But in this attraction, the First Order cast members are more menacing than Kylo. The roof lightsaber is really the only scary thing he does. Never at any point in the attraction do I really feel in danger from Kylo himself, because he's either raising the shields, walking towards us on a screen, or flailing his noodle arms. Not to mention the way he goes out is pretty weak.
Rey beat him after practicing with a light saber at Target for 5 minutes. His only dangerous weapon are his guns but they didn’t make the trip to Batuu.
1575937721661.gif

This A1000 is still in Glendale

Disneyhead'71

I giggle every time he “dances around” before the hull breach and the set piece from Earthquake hides him. Obviously too many screens are a bad thing. But AA just can’t mimic all types of motions realistically. In the end you gotta meet it half way and just enjoy the balance they’ve struck... I think they nailed it.
I know they want to show of the cool new AAs but they always seems to wave their arms around like they are directing an orchestra.

Mike S

Rey beat him after practicing with a light saber at Target for 5 minutes. His only dangerous weapon are his guns but they didn’t make the trip to Batuu.
View attachment 431911
This A1000 is still in Glendale
Maybe that’s why he feels like a threat in this ride to me. Rey has such a small part in the ride it helps me forget how the supposed new big bad has been beaten twice already by a nobody with 0 training. For reference, what happened to Luke when first taking on Vader with only a few lessons from Yoda under his belt.
EHcBOY6.gif

DarkMetroid567

Maybe that’s why he feels like a threat in this ride to me. Rey has such a small part it helps me forget how the supposed new big bad has been beaten twice already by a nobody with 0 training.

Rey's story is at least being established. In this attraction, he's beaten by a slow-moving First Order transport vehicle and a stray spaceship.

Mike S

Rey's story is at least being established. In this attraction, he's beaten by a slow-moving First Order transport vehicle and a stray spaceship.
For a guy that had the vacuum of space opened up behind him he actually stuck around far longer than I would in that situation. Don’t know many who could do well at all there.

We in the vehicle didn’t do anything to him. We got lucky in the story of the attraction and for me it works.

Mike S

His mom in TLJ 😂
Touché, but she still got sucked out and needed to recover. Just like Kylo got sucked out.

Considering the real life situation I still think they should’ve changed the movie to give her a death and funeral and keep Luke around for 9. They had a whole year between her death and TLJ’s release date to make any necessary changes. I can guarantee many tears would’ve been shed for a Leia funeral scene subtly paying respect to the real life Carrie Fisher as well 😢

ToTBellHop

Touché, but she still got sucked out and needed to recover. Just like Kylo got sucked out.

Considering the real life situation I still think they should’ve changed the movie to give her a death and funeral and keep Luke around for 9. They had a whole year between her death and TLJ’s release date to make any necessary changes. I can guarantee many tears would’ve been shed for a Leia funeral scene subtly paying respect to the real life Carrie Fisher as well 😢
I have a feeling JJ would’ve gone that route.

TreborTreebeard

I am going to DHS on Wednesday with my wife and three kids (youngest is 7). How early should I get there? Getting a boarding pass for Rise is priority #1 but 3:00 or 3:30 am is probably too hard a sell for them. If we arrive by 5:45 will we be in good shape?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom