Disney plus Imagineering

TrainsOfDisney

I mean. That will be an easy fix one day. Just carry it away haha.

Im speaking of the actual facade changes made. Better marquee for Screamin’, Fun-Wheel etc. If you strip the Pixar convolution, it’s quite pretty.

It was hardly perfect before but it’s a real mess right now imho. Lamplight, Luxo, and the Pixar custom midway games are nice. Jessie’s carousel is a huge downgrade, incredicoaster marquee and red tubes take away from the theme and the inside out area just looks really plastic and again clashes with the classic midway look.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They really should’ve leveled that whole area and started over. All the improvements that were made prior to PP were flushed down the toilet. Even World of Color needs to go with it’s exposed sewer pipes and brown water.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
😳 And be replaced with what? I mean world of color is a truly spectacular show. I’d take the exposed pipes over rivers of light any night!

Replaced by a land that’s designed properly from the get go. World of Color is nice but it’s not even half as good as Fantasmic.

Sharon&Susan

It seems to me that modern day WDI management has a lingering fear of the Parks becoming "irrelevant" with modern audiences. THe constant need to add new Disney characters to existing attractions even if they don't fit, the misguided attempt to compete with the video game industry with shooting gallery rides, and the constant need to appeal to the rock bottom social media influencers while ignoring the HAtERz who are always wrong unless if they're criticizing what the old CEOs did.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Replaced by a land that’s designed properly from the get go. World of Color is nice but it’s not even half as good as Fantasmic.

I disagree with you. I much prefer world of color. I do like fantasmic (both the old and new version), but I think world of color is jaw-dropping.

Paradise Pier was not beyond hope. But I’ve seen six flags lands with a more coherent theme than Pixar Pier. (The Gotham city lands were very well done when they opened!).

Mac Tonight

It seems to me that modern day WDI management has a lingering fear of the Parks becoming "irrelevant" with modern audiences. THe constant need to add new Disney characters to existing attractions even if they don't fit, the misguided attempt to compete with the video game industry with shooting gallery rides, and the constant need to appeal to the rock bottom social media influencers while ignoring the HAtERz who are always wrong unless if they're criticizing what the old CEOs did.
It's really a shame that they don't see originality as adding to relevance. Not everything needs to involve a known character. Social media and online "backlash" have really shaped how they move forward which is just sad on so many levels.

DrAlice

It's really a shame that they don't see originality as adding to relevance. Not everything needs to involve a known character. Social media and online "backlash" have really shaped how they move forward which is just sad on so many levels.
Yeah, but who are they reading? Show me where people on social media were begging for a giant chicken bag. This board is filled with people that have been yelling for original attractions not linked to IP for YEARS (at least, those of you that, like me, migrated over from that other board). To me, any blaming of social media (ie: the fans) for these decisions is a cop out by the people making these decisions.

Mac Tonight

Yeah, but who are they reading? Show me where people on social media were begging for a giant chicken bag. This board is filled with people that have been yelling for original attractions not linked to IP for YEARS (at least, those of you that, like me, migrated over from that other board). To me, any blaming of social media (ie: the fans) for these decisions is a cop out by the people making these decisions.
I've grown to accept that this board houses the minority voice of Disney.

For every critical fan on boards like these, Disney knows they have 10x the amount of vloggers, mommy bloggers, and instagram "influencers" who will work their tails off to make sure everything Disney does (yes, including things like the chicken stand) gets gushing positive reviews. I mean, MK literally has the "purple wall". It's a wall painted purple but it currently has 67.9K posts on instagram at #purplewall. It even got official coverage!

Meanwhile, #pixarpier has over 151K tags. I'll give you that no one is asking for things like the chicken stand specifically, but Disney knows that whatever they trot out will have legions of loyal followers. Those are the people being catered to.

DrAlice

For every critical fan on boards like these, Disney knows they have 10x the amount of vloggers, mommy bloggers, and instagram "influencers" who will work their tails off to make sure everything Disney does (yes, including things like the chicken stand) gets gushing positive reviews. I mean, MK literally has the "purple wall". It's a wall painted purple but it currently has 67.9K posts on instagram at #purplewall. It even got official coverage!

Meanwhile, #pixarpier has over 151K tags. I'll give you that no one is asking for things like the chicken stand specifically, but Disney knows that whatever they trot out will have legions of loyal followers. Those are the people being catered to.

Fair points. I guess you are correct that we are certainly in the minority now. I'm not so sure that we were the minority over a decade ago when Kim Irvine and Co. added characters to IASW and then complained about internet backlash. *shrug*

The more important question here is: Is there a #chickenbag?? (Seriously, I can't get passed it. haha)

Mac Tonight

Fair points. I guess you are correct that we are certainly in the minority now. I'm not so sure that we were the minority over a decade ago when Kim Irvine and Co. added characters to IASW and then complained about internet backlash. *shrug*

The more important question here is: Is there a #chickenbag?? (Seriously, I can't get passed it. haha)
#poultrypalace to be more specific. Thankfully though, they don't all appear to be Pixar Pier related.

8C8CDE06-D3E9-435B-A19F-5DBF9E2D4B50.jpeg

But, there's also this...

lazyboy97o

The point I make is that if we, which is definitely a bit of nebulous grouping, had our way, that those who are okay with everything as it is now would not lose anything. Those who accept and even love the franchise mandate still enjoy attractions that are not based on contemporary franchises, so they don’t lose anything by dropping the mandate. Things like Instagramable scenes would still exist like all those that were not specifically designed as such.

Travel Junkie

I don't necessarily believe it is the "influencers" as much as it is the regular guest who knows some but a lot about the parks. I recently was at DLR with my cousin and her family. They come once every 5 years or so. They identify things based off of IP. They liked Incredicoaster better than California Screamin because they liked the Incredibles movie. They like Pirates more now than in the past after the movie IP tie in. They wanted to know why there wasn't a Frozen ride. They only come during the Halloween/Christmas time frame because they love Nightmare Before Christmas. They like Big Thunder because it is a roller coaster, but they had no desire otherwise to go on any attraction that not only didn't have an IP, but it has to be IP that they liked. Heck, they loved Inside Out so guess what ride we had to do?

The point is that while the die hard fan wonders why they can't make more original attractions, there is a reason why Disney is going virtually all recognizable IP all the time. The average fan identifies with them.

lazyboy97o

I don't necessarily believe it is the "influencers" as much as it is the regular guest who knows some but a lot about the parks. I recently was at DLR with my cousin and her family. They come once every 5 years or so. They identify things based off of IP. They liked Incredicoaster better than California Screamin because they liked the Incredibles movie. They like Pirates more now than in the past after the movie IP tie in. They wanted to know why there wasn't a Frozen ride. They only come during the Halloween/Christmas time frame because they love Nightmare Before Christmas. They like Big Thunder because it is a roller coaster, but they had no desire otherwise to go on any attraction that not only didn't have an IP, but it has to be IP that they liked. Heck, they loved Inside Out so guess what ride we had to do?

The point is that while the die hard fan wonders why they can't make more original attractions, there is a reason why Disney is going virtually all recognizable IP all the time. The average fan identifies with them.
And yet they saw Inside Out despite the fact that Buzz and Woody were not in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom