News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And all that could have been...

C9D23D85-A51F-47D8-BA03-B591A83BD33E.jpeg

- and lost for a bar on legs.

Last edited:

Crazydisneyfanluke

Hopefully it doesn't become a phase two that never happens. I know "Festival Center" makes folks cringe but I was looking forward to this the most, oddly enough. LOL.
I hope it gets pushed to phase 3... :happy: I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't so tall, bulky and lack of use per square foot. Starbucks, a large M&G, Club cool for a bar and a festival center.

Marc Davis Fan

View attachment 431493

Thanks for sharing this, Martin!

This is definitely better than what the area had turned into before the overhaul - with the pin station, tacky entrances for Mouse Gear / Electric Umbrella / Starbucks / Club Cool, etc.

...but to be completely honest, the concept art for what we're getting looks at least as nice, IMHO. The "bar on legs" actually looks like a really cool piece of architecture that will add to the Epcot skyline, and the removal of Inventions West (RIP, thanks for the memories) actually does seem like it will open up the space to "World Nature" in a nice way.

Count me as optimistic, so far, for the design we're getting...

DoleWhipDrea

Never. His solution to cost-cutting was closing beloved attractions and then letting them rot without any intention of updating. He’s the reason a lot of classic favorites are now gone. Even worse, due to such cost cutting, guest safety derailed under his watch and it had very, very serious consequences for guests at the parks.

View attachment 431493

This design makes far more sense than what they’re planning. It maintains the layout of the park, keeps things nice and symmetrical, and serves multiple functions.

sedati

1575839923157.png

Sorry, I don't prefer this. Looks like a set of placemats. The bar on legs should at least serve as a unique feature and visual draw. This is trees and nondescript buildings. The walled city is broken up, but the addition of trees probably only confuses the layout more. Epcot overwhelms at the entrance, then immediately underwhelms. This is the core, the heart. This should be pathways to discovery. A feast for the eyes, pulling you in every direction. There is no sense of time. Of place. Of direction. Of purpose.
This looks like a pleasant spot to take your lunch break at your job in the nice office park/open air mall. This is less inspired than the uninspired Tomorrowland work everyone keeps swooning over. If this was a new project there would be riots on this board. I'd place this on par with California Adventure's original Sunshine Plaza.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom