Star Wars Ep. 9 Thread

Jimmy Thick

With Abrams back Rise will have a satisfying conclusion. Will it end how we all want? I highly doubt it but then again I really have no expectations. I hate to continue bashing Last Jedi but it's probably the worst movie in the whole cannon so it can only go up.

But something I can add...

I bought tickets for a 19th opening at 2am and still I'm the only person in that show so far. The other two movies were sold out opening night by now.

The Grand Inquisitor

Wow! This has really peaked my interest! I loved hearing duel of fates! I am still very skeptical but I want to stay positive. Star Wars is my favorite franchise besides Marvel. I love Star Wars I do not want to see it fail. I hope Dave Filoni and Jon Faverau take over in the future. Dave knows his stuff!

Mike S

Wow! This has really peaked my interest! I loved hearing duel of fates! I am still very skeptical but I want to stay positive. Star Wars is my favorite franchise besides Marvel. I love Star Wars I do not want to see it fail. I hope Dave Filoni and Jon Faverau take over in the future. Dave knows his stuff!

That “NOOOO!!!” from Poe in battle gets me worried one of the rumors might be true. Something that might make me HATE this movie.
Chewie, C3PO, R2D2, and Lando supposedly all die in an exploding Millenium Falcon.

You don’t kill the Wookie. You just don’t.

Joesixtoe

Yeah some want to see this fail I guess so Disney learns their lesson.. but I want this to have a legit satisfying end to a 9 film series. I want Disney to know it's not fatigue, it's just a few really bad choices.

Joesixtoe

That “NOOOO!!!” from Poe in battle gets me worried one of the rumors might be true. Something that might make me HATE this movie.
Chewie, C3PO, R2D2, and Lando supposedly all die in an exploding Millenium Falcon.
Lol yeah I read some of the leaks.. I'm legitimately clueless as to why Disney would think hey this is such a great idea... who is seriously running this show? I feel... trolled

The Grand Inquisitor

You don’t kill the Wookie. You just don’t.
If that's true I will walk out of the movie theater when that happens. I hope to god it's fake.

No Name

Out of context it’s hard to say that rumor is a bad idea. There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with characters dying. In fact, it’s more annoying when characters don’t die. Poe should’ve been dead in the beginning crash of The Force Awakens.

~ egg, who didn’t shed a tear when his three favorite characters died in Endgame

Mike S

Out of context it’s hard to say that rumor is a bad idea. There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with characters dying. In fact, it’s more annoying when characters don’t die. Poe should’ve been dead in the beginning crash of The Force Awakens.

~ egg, who didn’t shed a tear when his three favorite characters died in Endgame
Problem is I don’t trust LucasFilm to handle it right at all. Endgame did it right.

Joesixtoe

I stared at the wall when Iron man was dying, I was trying to stay strong and hold back lol... characters dying is fine.. I dont know how to do the spoiler warning.... warning of spoilers

Han, Luke, leia, chewie, r2d2,c3po, lando and the falcon... all die or crash within 2 years.. yeah if this were true, I'd think there is something behind this for sure. I honestly dont think this rumor is true.. no possible way Disney would do that.. the falcon is a major attraction at GE, they cant get rid of it, they need it

Mike S

I stared at the wall when Iron man was dying, I was trying to stay strong and hold back lol... characters dying is fine.. I dont know how to do the spoiler warning.... warning of spoilers
4A5BFD98-9016-49D9-BBE2-8E60EE4A0A5B.png

Cosmic Commando

Yeah some want to see this fail I guess so Disney learns their lesson.. but I want this to have a legit satisfying end to a 9 film series. I want Disney to know it's not fatigue, it's just a few really bad choices.
Yeah, I think Disney learned enough of a lesson from taking a (multiple?) $100M hit on Solo. If the fans "teach" too much, Disney might learn the lesson like they did with Muppets-- eh, we tried a few things and it sort of worked... let's just put it on the shelf and collect the royalties from the older stuff.

erasure fan1

Yeah, I think Disney learned enough of a lesson from taking a (multiple?) $100M hit on Solo. If the fans "teach" too much, Disney might learn the lesson like they did with Muppets-- eh, we tried a few things and it sort of worked... let's just put it on the shelf and collect the royalties from the older stuff.
The only leason to learn, is putting creative people who know star wars in charge, and let them do their thing. And I think they have learned that from the Mandalorian. I think Episode 9s fate is kind of sealed. No matter what it does, how it is, it will probably still end up divisive. I think Disney knows this, and that's why we have heard next to nothing about the next set of movies. In my opinion, all signs point to major star wars restructuring after ep9.

The Grand Inquisitor

The only leason to learn, is putting creative people who know star wars in charge, and let them do their thing. And I think they have learned that from the Mandalorian. I think Episode 9s fate is kind of sealed. No matter what it does, how it is, it will probably still end up divisive. I think Disney knows this, and that's why we have heard next to nothing about the next set of movies. In my opinion, all signs point to major star wars restructuring after ep9.
I just hope this movie is good. I do not want Star Wars to fail, I want it to succeed. Hopefully Lucasfilm will give Dave Filoni and Jon Faverau more insight on their projects.

erasure fan1

I just hope this movie is good. I do not want Star Wars to fail, I want it to succeed. Hopefully Lucasfilm will give Dave Filoni and Jon Faverau more insight on their projects.
I guess you have to define fail. If you're talking financially, I think it will make more than enough to not be considered a failure. It might not do what Disney hopes it will, but I don't see another Solo box office with this one. Now if you're talking about critical failure, I see that having a better chance of happening. Outside of a JJ miracle, I just think the overall perception of the sequels will be slight disappointment. As someone who has been a superfan for 40+ years, I also just want star wars to succeed. I really hope Disney makes the adjustments they need to, in order to get the majority of the fans back on board. Lets face it, you'll never get everyone. But I just hope for Mandalorian type acceptance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom