Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

nickys

Premium Member
Quick question: I know FP is obviously not up, but are they using it for special passes/tickets of some sort? Saw multiple people when I had to do standby on 3rd ride scan at the FP portal and then go through the FP queue.

Both DAS guests and those on VIP tours get to use the FP entrance.

On which note, does anyone know or heard the latest thoughts from TDO on the roll-out of FP+ for the GE rides?

Obviously nothing is going to happen until Rise opens and the hoped-for rush has died down. But is it a done deal that FP will come, as was originally intended, or is it still being debated?

po1998

Without reading through 41 pages, can someone tell me...other than the pilot who is steering the ship, are the rest of the interactive roles, "press a button when it lights up"?

Jones14

Without reading through 41 pages, can someone tell me...other than the pilot who is steering the ship, are the rest of the interactive roles, "press a button when it lights up"?
Yes, they both are.

Gunners have several buttons that control the lasers, which can be fired at any time, as well as a big orange one that fires missiles at a specific time.

Engineers don’t have to do anything until the pilots mess up, at which point any number of buttons light up and have to be hit to fix the ship. They also have a big orange button, but it’s for the harpoons instead of missiles, and has to be button-mashed into oblivion a la Toy Story Mania to reel in the coaxium.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, they both are.

Gunners have several buttons that control the lasers, which can be fired at any time, as well as a big orange one that fires missiles at a specific time.

Engineers don’t have to do anything until the pilots mess up, at which point any number of buttons light up and have to be hit to fix the ship. They also have a big orange button, but it’s for the harpoons instead of missiles, and has to be button-mashed into oblivion a la Toy Story Mania to reel in the coaxium.

If the gunners and engineers don't both button mash for the second coaxium, then they won't get it. So, some buttons have a 'real world' effect.

The rest of the buttons is to push in time to get credit for the action, but if you don't push it in time, the action still occurs and you don't get credit.

Engineers that don't repair the ship can mean having low or negative Galactic Credits at the end. Gunners that don't fire means more damage from enemy ships, same with pilots that don't steer well.

Left pilot has to keep an eye out for the brake button when it lights up, else they'll crash into the train.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
My takeaway:

I can understand why Star Wars fans would absolutely love MFSR. If Disney built an Avengers/GotG attraction with a similar premise/ride system, I would probably try and live in it.

That said, it really is just an expensive video game. But it’s a fun experience. As Engineers, we really never got to actually look up out of the cockpit for very long because we were so focused on our tasks. But I guess that’s what makes it a truly immersive experience.

This will probably be a “have to do it, but only once” on our future trips.

nickys

Premium Member
If the gunners and engineers don't both button mash for the second coaxium, then they won't get it. So, some buttons have a 'real world' effect.

The rest of the buttons is to push in time to get credit for the action, but if you don't push it in time, the action still occurs and you don't get credit.

Engineers that don't repair the ship can mean having low or negative Galactic Credits at the end. Gunners that don't fire means more damage from enemy ships, same with pilots that don't steer well.

Left pilot has to keep an eye out for the brake button when it lights up, else they'll crash into the train.

What’s a coaxium, and why is it only the second one that matters?

How exactly do you repair the ship - just press the button or are there different buttons to do different things?

And why is there a train in space?

Brake buttons I can understand, and firing guns. The rest is lost on me!

😁

Jones14

What’s a coaxium, and why is it only the second one that matters?

How exactly do you repair the ship - just press the button or are there different buttons to do different things?

Brake buttons I can understand, and firing guns. The rest is lost on me!

😁
Coaxium is just the fancy sci-fi name for fuel in Star Wars; specifically, the type of fuel that allows ships to jump to light speed. In the ride you’re attempting to grab as much of it as you can. You’re guaranteed to get at least one case of it so that you don’t fail the mission, but if you do well there’s a possibility of getting two.

The buttons generally repair the ship when it gets damaged, but certain buttons will hit the brakes, or will fire lasers, missiles, or harpoons.

The train’s not in space, it’s like an inverted monorail that travels through the planet you go to.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Movielover

The train’s not in space, it’s like an inverted monorail that travels through the planet you go to.

I think we just unlocked the secret to GE's next expansion!

Eh, still would have better capacity than the Bantha ride would have... ;)

MickeyLuv'r

So, I started this thread because I was so excited about this attraction opening up and being the 2nd e-ticket in this amazing land. I am now back from my Anaheim trip and I have to admit I am disappointed.

It is this experience among others that have me questioning the time and money I spend on Disney parks.
And thanks for opening it!

In another forum I won't mention...well, some of the threads are comical.

There's a bit of a gap between how a few posters wish GE was performing, and reality.

And they aren't big on accepting reality, so the threads have been almost comical in the weird way that cognitive dissonance can sometimes be comical.

We went to SWGE back in August, and while there were elements we liked, so far we felt the land was a bit meh.

We wanted to like it, but I too felt the land needs some tweaks. I LOVE the person who said we should get to use the force to do something. Maybe in the new ride?

Second, we didn't buy a light saber or droid, but I didn't see a compelling reason to buy either. I very much didn't want to deal with paying for either or carrying either one around. To us, much of the merchandise was WAY overpriced. (HP suffers from the same problem.)

The colored popcorn was okay. I've long thought WDW would do well selling FRESH, warm, kettle corn. If you've ever had the kind that is sold warm, and VERY fresh, it is amazing stuff. Too often Disney food is merely edible when it could be amazing. IMO, SW is another missed opportunity.

(Don't get me started on my desire to see premium quality real fruit popsicles at WDW!)

Main Street used to smell like warm chocolate chip cookies! and it was confectionary heaven. Batuu could've been the land of wafting kettle corn...What they offer is okay, but it could've been irresistibly AMAZING!

We thought the pre-ride queue was fairly well done, but I would have liked less post-ride concrete. (FoP has the same flaw, IMO.) Many of WDW's best rides have fun post-ride details to see. IMO, the story should continue all the way to the end of the ride.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

In another forum I won't mention...well, some of the threads are comical.

There's a bit of a gap between how a few posters wish GE was performing, and reality.

And they aren't big on accepting reality, so the threads have been almost comical in the weird way that cognitive dissonance can sometimes be comical.

We went to SWGE back in August, and while there were elements we liked, so far we felt the land was a bit meh.

We wanted to like it, but I too felt the land needs some tweaks. I LOVE the person who said we should get to use the force to do something. Maybe in the new ride?

Second, we didn't buy a light saber or droid, but I didn't see a compelling reason to buy either. I very much didn't want to deal with paying for either or carrying either one around. To us, much of the merchandise was WAY overpriced. (HP suffers from the same problem.)

The colored popcorn was okay. I've long thought WDW would do well selling FRESH, warm, kettle corn. If you've ever had the kind that is sold warm, and VERY fresh, it is amazing stuff. Too often Disney food is merely edible when it could be amazing. IMO, SW is another missed opportunity.

(Don't get me started on my desire to see premium quality real fruit popsicles at WDW!)

Main Street used to smell like warm chocolate chip cookies! and it was confectionary heaven. Batuu could've been the land of wafting kettle corn...What they offer is okay, but it could've been irresistibly AMAZING!

We thought the pre-ride queue was fairly well done, but I would have liked less post-ride concrete. (FoP has the same flaw, IMO.) Many of WDW's best rides have fun post-ride details to see. IMO, the story should continue all the way to the end of the ride.

You thank the OP for starting this thread about the MF ride and only one sentence of your post is about the ride.

There's another thread for general SWL feedback.

MickeyLuv'r

You thank the OP for starting this thread about the MF ride and only one sentence of your post is about the ride.

There's another thread for general SWL feedback.
Fair enough.

I meant to say more clearly that I agreed with everything the poster said about the ride.

Second, while my it might appear generic to the land, I was actually thinking about the ride when I said I feel that we should get to use the force to do something. I especially expected it to be an element of the pre-ride (or ride). I apologize for not making that more clear.

Third, technically, my whole last paragraph was about the ride. Flat out, I expected the post-ride to be more attractive and interesting.

Partly, you are correct, I didn't express my thoughts well, I think, because I can't quite put my finger on what the ride needs, but if they are supposed to be an integrated immersive experience, our experience wasn't quite there, and the ride is a critical element of the whole.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Fair enough.

I meant to say more clearly that I agreed with everything the poster said about the ride.

Second, while my it might appear generic to the land, I was actually thinking about the ride when I said I feel that we should get to use the force to do something. I especially expected it to be an element of the pre-ride (or ride). I apologize for not making that more clear.

Third, technically, my whole last paragraph was about the ride. Flat out, I expected the post-ride to be more attractive and interesting.

Partly, you are correct, I didn't express my thoughts well, I think, because I can't quite put my finger on what the ride needs, but if they are supposed to be an integrated immersive experience, our experience wasn't quite there, and the ride is a critical element of the whole.

It certainly is overwhelming the first few times to figure out what's going on. For some, that's fine and fun. For others, it's frustrating.

However, by going on it several times in a row in the the single rider, I was able to understand how all the things come together. In this regard, it has, IMO, re-ridability.

Although, other scenarios would still be preferable.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It certainly is overwhelming the first few times to figure out what's going on. For some, that's fine and fun. For others, it's frustrating.

However, by going on it several times in a row in the the single rider, I was able to understand how all the things come together. In this regard, it has, IMO, re-ridability.

So glad I found this post. What you wrote rings true for me. Rode SR twice back in August and while it was fun, I also felt overwhelmed and ultimately, frustrated.

Between being rushed into the cockpit, and English not being my primary language, it was hard for me to fully understand the scope of this ride.

I'll follow your advice and ride it again, hopefully, I'll be able to understand it better, and enjoy it more.
Thank you @MisterPenguin .

PorterRedkey

Original Poster

I think this ride is re-rideable in the same way TSMM is re-rideable. You can “get better” at it the more you ride. This is great for AP holders or the few vacationers who want to re-ride 1 ride all day. I think normal vacationers find it, as you said, frustrating (like my wife) or just kind of lacking (like I did).

There is a reason the brand-new, mega-hyped, Star Wars ride is only the 3rd most popular in a park with 7 rides. Surely that was not what Disney was expecting.

It a shame too. The build up to the ride is really cool. The tech is amazing. IMO, it’s only the ride that doesn’t deliver.

At least they are still making money on “laser swords”. And fans should root for this land making money. If the Q4 numbers are bad, you can say goodbye to some of the planned 50th anniversary projects.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Star Wars ride is only the 3rd most popular in a park with 7 rides.

That's hard to judge that with there being no FP for MFSR. The wait time for ride with FP is measuring the wait time of standby that has to let 10 people in FP line one for every 1 person in standby (or whatever the ratio is).

If there were no FP riders, then standby lines would go ten times faster (or whatever the ratio is). But, it would then add in the FP riders who couldn't get FP. But it would lose some of other FP riders who wouldn't wait on a long line.

Point being, direct comparisons are difficult. In the end, all the rides have lines. It's not like there are stretches when nobody wants to ride MFSR.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster

If I wouldn't have started it, someone would have, but thanks.

To me the ride was not very repeatable once you got to be the pilot. I feel Star Tours is much more repeatable than MF:SR.

I really wish the gameplay was better and led to at least one other storyline. Like if you go right, you get one experience, you go left, you get a different experience. Both paths still led to the finale, but the journey is different. It doesn't help they promised 3 missions and gave us one. Once again they overpromise and underdeliver.

I don't want to pile on this ride, but the experience doesn't live up to the hype promoted by Disney or the fantastic queue and life-size MF you experience before the ride.
That's hard to judge that with there being no FP for MFSR. The wait time for ride with FP is measuring the wait time of standby that has to let 10 people in FP line one for every 1 person in standby (or whatever the ratio is).

If there were no FP riders, then standby lines would go ten times faster (or whatever the ratio is). But, it would then add in the FP riders who couldn't get FP. But it would lose some of other FP riders who wouldn't wait on a long line.

Point being, direct comparisons are difficult. In the end, all the rides have lines. It's not like there are stretches when nobody wants to ride MFSR.
Fair point, but it's common for a major new attraction to have longer wait times, than older attractions. I think Disney was expecting MFSR to be more popular, I know I was.

MickeyLuv'r

In general, I agree that re-rides tend to build ride appreciation, at least in the sense that we tend to notice more details.

I wouldn't say I felt overwhelmed by MF though. My group found the MF ride a bit underwhelming.

I'm still hoping the 2nd ride will be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom