Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

rle4lunch

Thanks that’s very helpful!

I have a pretty good idea of what she can handle and usually scope it out for her myself first, to help her make a decision. The motion can be a component, but often it’s the visuals. She has an issue with the circlevision films, for instance, and can’t play a first person perspective video game for any length of time. She may well get caught up in the excitement of it and give it a shot, at least once.

It's more tame than star tours.

danv3

It's more tame than star tours.

not if you have really bad pilots (or kid pilots). You’ll be hitting everything and jerking around all over the place. Of course, if you’re an engineer it’s hard to see the screen so that might mitigate the motion sickness.

rle4lunch

not if you have really bad pilots (or kid pilots). You’ll be hitting everything and jerking around all over the place. Of course, if you’re an engineer it’s hard to see the screen so that might mitigate the motion sickness.

perhaps... my 4 1/2 year old boy was the left/right pilot and I was the up/down pilot on our first go round on it. I ended up stretching and taking both controls, to get us under the gantry and other obstacles, but I don't remember anything forceful or fast with the motions. ST tips you back steep when jumping to lightspeed. MFSR is kinda a lazy lay back as I pulled the hyperspace lever. I dunno, just felt much more subdued than other motion sims to me.

SplashJacket

ST tips you back steep when jumping to lightspeed. MFSR is kinda a lazy lay back as I pulled the hyperspace lever. I dunno, just felt much more subdued than other motion sims to me.

Jumping to lightspeed is my favorite part of Star Tours. It just feels authentic.

I thought to activate the jump to lightspeed would have been able to top it but I felt underwhelmed.

In Star Tours, your head will fall back so you have to support it with the muscles within your neck, whereas that lacks in MFSR.

Tom Morrow

I've ridden five or six times now. The overall show quality on the ride seems to have improved since opening. The audio is better, the video is more crisp, and the explosions look better. Also, I didn't have any glitches or lag. Of course, this could vary by pod, however.

Something I'm sure has been discussed, but I only now noticed, is that if you ride at night time, Batuu in the ride will also be at night.

Also, a minor complaint I have about piloting is that if you're the Left/Right pilot, I found it very hard to ever straighten out and basically had to constantly adjust left and right.

matt9112

Its just vibrations and stuff it literally cannot move in the sense star tours can.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
So, I started this thread because I was so excited about this attraction opening up and being the 2nd e-ticket in this amazing land. I am now back from my Anaheim trip and I have to admit I am disappointed.

I may go into more detail later, but I really didn't care for MF:SR. It's a fine distraction, but there's a reason it has lower wait times than Space, Splash, Mansion, Matterhorn, Pan, etc... I am not talking about the detailed queue, the amazing Hondo AA or the innovative boarding system, I am talking about the "ride".

The ride is a terrible video game that I have little interest in playing. It has limited choices and actions and the mission is always the same. If this was a video game that was free to download, I don't think many fans would bother.

The effects inside the cabin or when you hit something seem to me only moderately more advanced than motion simulator games you would find at Dave and Buster's. The graphics left me disappointed too. I know they created a new graphic processor for real-time animation, but the overall graphics still read computer-generated, not realistic. This is unlike what they achieved for Flight of Passage.

I rode it a 2nd time to give it a fair shot, and to try a different position than Pilot, but I would have preferred just to ride all the other great attractions at DL.

It is this experience among others that have me questioning the time and money I spend on Disney parks.

po1998

So, I started this thread because I was so excited about this attraction opening up and being the 2nd e-ticket in this amazing land. I am now back from my Anaheim trip and I have to admit I am disappointed.

I may go into more detail later, but I really didn't care for MF:SR. It's a fine distraction, but there's a reason it has lower wait times than Space, Splash, Mansion, Matterhorn, Pan, etc... I am not talking about the detailed queue, the amazing Hondo AA or the innovative boarding system, I am talking about the "ride".

The ride is a terrible video game that I have little interest in playing. It has limited choices and actions and the mission is always the same. If this was a video game that was free to download, I don't think many fans would bother.

The effects inside the cabin or when you hit something seem to me only moderately more advanced than motion simulator games you would find at Dave and Buster's. The graphics left me disappointed too. I know they created a new graphic processor for real-time animation, but the overall graphics still read computer-generated, not realistic. This is unlike what they achieved for Flight of Passage.

I rode it a 2nd time to give it a fair shot, and to try a different position than Pilot, but I would have preferred just to ride all the other great attractions at DL.

It is this experience among others that have me questioning the time and money I spend on Disney parks.
Even more disappointing(based on reviews like this)...it is a brand new attraction in a brand new land, which means it is not going anywhere for a long time.

How can so much time and money be spent on a new land, and yet we end up with a lackluster attraction? OOOH...but there are so many cool things to "look at" in SWGE...and plenty of opportunities to remove cash from your wallet.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

This thread is so full of negative and bitter views that it’s refreshing to read something new. We need more comedy posts like this.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Even more disappointing(based on reviews like this)...it is a brand new attraction in a brand new land, which means it is not going anywhere for a long time.

How can so much time and money be spent on a new land, and yet we end up with a lackluster attraction? OOOH...but there are so many cool things to "look at" in SWGE...and plenty of opportunities to remove cash from your wallet.
I love all the little things that go into building up an attraction. I appreciate a well-designed, themed queue, but the attraction at the end of that queue needs to worth waiting for.

Disney wanted to tell guests they could pilot/fly the Falcon. They can do that. I just don’t think it is as fun as it could/should be.

Haymarket2008

IMHO, I thoroughly enjoyed this attraction. My biggest gripe was the lack of multiple missions and emotional connection to the experience. AND lack of music. Yet, it was a fantastic experience to have with friends and family. Honestly, I feel the major complaints are a bit overblown. I truly don’t know how else, technically, you could do an attraction where you fly the Millennium Falcon....it is what it is, and it was exactly what I expected. Not mind blowing, but a lot of fun.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

IMHO, I thoroughly enjoyed this attraction. My biggest gripe was the lack of multiple missions and emotional connection to the experience. AND lack of music. Yet, it was a fantastic experience to have with friends and family. Honestly, I feel the major complaints are a bit overblown. I truly don’t know how else, technically, you could do an attraction where you fly the Millennium Falcon....it is what it is, and it was exactly what I expected. Not mind blowing, but a lot of fun.
Well for starters, you make a ramp guests can walk up for one thing.

Disney Dad 3000

My unprofessional review after getting my first ride a week ago (3 times in the am)

Good: rode twice via single rider in a span of abut 25 min during the early hours
Bad: being engineer was too distracting from the ride experience. For those that get motion sickness, don't think you could handle this or gunner unless you just ignored the buttons.

Good: the falcon itself and queue are nicely done.
Bad: getting shuffled in/out of Hondo''s spiel while he's still finishing his set and leaving before he finishes the next cycle was not ideal

Good: Going back and riding with the kiddo the 3rd time and the CM letting us wait to pilot after initially giving us engineer. To me the enjoyment of the ride was lightyears better. Much easier to focus on the ride and complete tasks. Had a blast with our 4 co-riders.
Bad: the other missions (if they ever release) will be sorely needed. While we had a blast in the land, Ogas, etc, not sure this will be a must do for us unless there's some variability (unless we were able to get pilots)

Quick question: I know FP is obviously not up, but are they using it for special passes/tickets of some sort? Saw multiple people when I had to do standby on 3rd ride scan at the FP portal and then go through the FP queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom